Creating ones own spells?

5 posters

Go down

Creating ones own spells? Empty Creating ones own spells?

Post by Orc2king 18.04.13 18:54

Through out my life as a vampire I've been able to combined certain metaphysical energies that I use to do various things for example the energy I use to become one with nature I see it as a Green energy and the energy I would use to calm someone down or take away pain is a White energy. I can combined these two energies to create a type of mild hypnotism which I sometimes use when I see a stressed out person to make them feel better. I was wondering as Vampires (I guess this question would be more towards Energy vampires) If you also use this method or If you don't would it be alright to call this mixture of my own natural abilities a spell?

Orc2king
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-04-17

Back to top Go down

Creating ones own spells? Empty Re: Creating ones own spells?

Post by Jonathan 19.04.13 6:12

Working with energy is the central practice about magick and an essential component of every spell. Many spells are all about directing energy but keep in mind that advanced spells are much more than just energy and will, including secrets for its effective use. Reason why unlike popular belief people can't just pick a book and start shooting spells. Magick is not like that. Most covens will go to great lengths to protect those secrets and for a good reason.

As for the colors that's just how your brain interprets it not a real color.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 19.04.13 12:26

"Reason why unlike popular belief people can't just pick a book and start shooting spells."

I have to say, Jonathan, I did just that with a book about the Golden Dawn system written by the Ciceros and the spells worked fine for me. I would agree though that it can be dangerous to experiment with advanced spells if you only learnt them from a book and don't have the expertise of a teacher to "bail you out" if trouble arises.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 19.04.13 16:43

I was thinking more along the lines of some advanced witchcraft spells. The Golden Dawn system is a different thing and I can see how some rituals can be understood from books.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by l.h.e.e 03.12.16 11:21

well i'm not really sure of what is your definition of spell.
But if you actually have relationship with some spirits , energy working and sigilisation i think you could create a basic practical spell.
I know not all the spells depend on external spirits but for me they are useful.

l.h.e.e
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 02.01.17 7:16

In order to create a spell you have to understand that it's not the words that make magick work.One can use a spell effectivelly without saying the words outloud.Another thing is that there are some things that make a spell effective.If you don't know these you can't create one.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2016-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down