A Greeting from Kissed

3 posters

Go down

A Greeting from Kissed Empty A Greeting from Kissed

Post by Kissed 12.05.13 16:52

This would appear the best place to start my post count...

In other sites I go by the pseudonym Kiss, but that was taken here, so I have reverted to Kissed, which is also short for 'Kissed by 'whatever is relevant to me at the time''.

I have been a student of the ineffable for a fair few years, which led me to being a student of magik and metaphysics for around the last 8 years. A rather vague description as both fields are vast, but I deem myself not a clever enough teacher to explain my ways and stances here succinctly, but I hope they will eep out as I delve into the forums and contribute to discussions.

I am at a stage at my studies where I decided to branch out and look at other manifestations within the darkness, other views and angles, and hope to engage and broaden my own knowledge and understanding. Alas the internet is full of dungdust and wannabe neo pagans and wiccans who are no more than insecure beings foolish enough to think waving a stick around and converting a sentence to latin is a powerful incantation on the world. Whilst the irony is that their ignorance will feed their confidance and more likelly have an effect for them, those places were not for me.

So after scouring the net for communities and cultures, Vampirism Forum is my first new membership in rather a long time. You appear to have a great community, and I look forward to diving in.

My only question is, any recommendations on where I start? There seems to be a wide knowledge base, and whilst its open to questions, I would not know where to start and seem to be missing a direction to initiate myself within these walls.

With gratitude,

Kissed

Kissed
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-05-12

Back to top Go down

A Greeting from Kissed Empty Re: A Greeting from Kissed

Post by Kalb 12.05.13 17:39

Welcome, Kissed.

Where to start? Just start by some place around here... Follow your intuition.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 13.05.13 4:17

Hello Kissed and welcome to the community.

I suggest Kalb's advice to follow your intuition, especially if you have an occult background on metaphysics.

Also as you probably have noticed by now many of us around here study Asetianism which is the magickal tradition from the Aset Ka, an Ancient Egyptian order. So if you want to start somewhere, reading their books might be the best way to understand many of the subjects discussed in here and its different occult elements. If you are more interested in the vampire side of the tradition the Asetian Bible is the best book to start, but if you're more interested in the metaphysical and initiatory side you will find more value in the Book of Orion.
Read around the forum, check for the introduction chapters in both books freely available on the official site and decide what better resonates with you and your own path.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down