Faery Vampirism

3 posters

Go down

Faery Vampirism Empty Faery Vampirism

Post by Black_Halo 03.06.13 17:59

I see mostly posts about Asetianism and ancient Egypt on this forum, so I'd like to share a bit about vampire Fae. As far as the Sidhe Fae are concerned, there are two courts: Unseelie (dark) Sidhe, and Seelie (light) Sidhe. It's not a good vs. evil sort of thing, but more of a day vs. night, sun vs. moon sort of thing.

Unseelie Sidhe are master manipulators, protectors of Nature, and very skilled at deception and glamour. Like most Fae, they tap into Nature and the elements to draw power and energy from them. They are able to cause others around them to feel joy or ecstasy, which the Sidhe can then feed from. In some tales, the Sidhe causes such delight in another being, the she/he dies from it, and the Sidhe feeds on the life energy. There are several types of Unseelie Sidhe, but 2 types stand out as vampiric to me:

Water Sidhe, merpeople such as Sirens, are known for luring sailors and sinking ships in order to feed. They use their beauty and art (often singing or playing an instrument) to attract victims, filling them with ecstasy as they drown. They are also known to help drowning sailors to safety or guide ships safely through storms, if they have earned that help from the Water Sidhe.

Leanan Sidhe are often called "Vampire Sidhe." They are known to inspire artists, and then feed off the artist's life and creative energy. They are beautiful, creative, and strong companions to whichever artist they have chosen to feed from. Yeats claimed to be the companion of a Leanan Sidhe, and explained his short life by such.

Water and Leanan Sidhe require the life energy of others in order to sustain themselves, but also have something to give back; inspiration, ecstatic feelings, and often magical favors. I'm interested to hear others' thoughts on vampire faeries Smile
Black_Halo
Black_Halo
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Faery Vampirism Empty Re: Faery Vampirism

Post by Kalb 05.06.13 15:45

Em Hotep, Black_Halo.

Was nice of you to share it with us, the Faery Vampirism. It's always good to know the others concepts of vampirism. It was really very sweet of you, extend our know-how in the area of vampire world. I would say that 99% of users here are followers of Asetian Vampires. May I ask you if you are familiar with the concept of Asetian Vampire?
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 05.06.13 20:25

i've heard of Sidhe before, mainly because i have a friend who is one. she's Unseelie and gets most of her energy from fire, but from people as well. are you Sidhe too?
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Black_Halo 06.06.13 1:32

Kalb wrote:Em Hotep, Black_Halo.

Was nice of you to share it with us, the Faery Vampirism. It's always good to know the others concepts of vampirism. It was really very sweet of you, extend our know-how in the area of vampire world. I would say that 99% of users here are followers of Asetian Vampires. May I ask you if you are familiar with the concept of Asetian Vampire?

I hadn't heard of Asetianism until this forum, and am currently trying to locate a copy of the AB to learn more. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but vampires are not exclusive to Asetianism, and thought I'd throw some info out there on what I'm familiar with. I try not to limit my knowledge or rely on one source to learn from; I assume others do the same.
Black_Halo
Black_Halo
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 06.06.13 16:18

You not offend people here. Feel free to share all you wish and feel free to learn with us.

Hope someday listen your opinion about Asetian Vampires.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down