Do real vampires feel insulted by life-stylers?

+7
Dreamer
Syrianeh
Shinda
Sekhris
Victor
Ankhhape
Maktub
11 posters

Go down

Do real vampires feel insulted by life-stylers? Empty Do real vampires feel insulted by life-stylers?

Post by Jonathan 05.06.08 10:03

On many of my online readings on vampirism, I came across the concept and constant reference to life-stylers. People that dress up as vampires from fiction and try to act as being part of a character and not really themselves.
I see there is a lot of a fuss around this subject, and while it seems like part of the community feels insulted by these people that only use the image of the vampire, others actually embrace it and use it as if it was their own.

I would like that anyone more knowledgeable of the community and real life vampires would give me their insight into this matter, as well as personal opinion.

Thank you.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Do real vampires feel insulted by life-stylers? Empty My view on life-stylers.

Post by Maktub 05.06.08 11:54

Hello Jonathan.

I would not say insulted, no. What happens is that most of the people that entitle themselves as vampires, are in fact only humans using the archetype, wether out of fashion or because they like the archetype of the predatory beast, they end up being seen as posers or as you said, life-stylers.
Certainly true vampires are not fond of these people, but I don't believe they worry too much about it either. After all, those life-stylers enforce the secrecy of the real vampire community that is hidden in society, since people when looking for vampires tend to go out to those parties and clubs that are filled with life-stylers and far from where true vampires gather in secret. In this point, the life-stylers are a tool that can be used by vampires to their own profit and secrecy.

Personally, I don't feel that using the archetype of the vampire is all that negative, as long as we clearly know how to distinguish it from real vampirism and do not drown ourselves in fiction. If someone feels better about themselves and more empowered because of using a cape, putting some fangs on and posing on a pseudo-threatning and evil look, it is not a problem. There are so many kinds of different fashion and life-style communities out there, that some go as far as living or partying dressed up as fluffy stuffed animals. Are they wrong? No at all, as long as it makes them happy.
However we must draw a clear line between these people and real vampires. Vampirism is not about the show-off. It is not about using fangs or going on the TV portraying themselves as vampires. It is not meeting at a goth nightclub and call it a blood bar. A vampire is a being who's soul is not human. It is not about the clothing or their evilness. Most vampires are not even that easily recognizable, and they certainly live in secrecy and privacy.

So my final answer is no, vampires do not feel insulted by life-stylers... some might even see them as puppets for their own goals and desire of secrecy. On the other hand I do believe that many life-stylers feel threatened by real vampires and vampirism as a dark tradition, since they commonly lack the knowledge and in-depth spirituality about true vampirism and the occult, making them feel unprotected, maybe even inferior sometimes, as they became seen as the "fake" when compared to the real deal.

But let's wait for more opinions, this is just mine.

Maktub.
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Do real vampires feel insulted by life-stylers? Empty Re: Do real vampires feel insulted by life-stylers?

Post by Ankhhape 07.06.08 7:41

Life-stylers, RPG'rs etc.
The image of the 'Vampyre' seems to be quite alluring to many people. This image of haunting power and sexuality obviously was manufactured in Hollywood (and still is as can be seen with the silly vampire tv shows out now). But the image has been in the making for hundreds if not thousands of years before that. The Reverend Montague Summers (1880-1947) and his books The History of Witchcraft and Demonolgy, The Geography of Witchcraft, and The Vampire, his Kith and Kin, all helped to create these folk-lore myths and images that are used to role play.
On another thought, I find that many people with developed psychic energy abilities come to the conclusion they are vampires when in fact they are not. As stated in the AB (Asetian Bible) Sanguinarians and Psychic Vampires are the same and it is a matter of preference in feeding.
My final note concerns a psychological matter that the great Carl Gustav Jung addressed:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Originating as a child who's infantile sexual urges become raised to unnacceptable levels, their ego defenses would reguluarly come into play and prevent the unconscious mind from becoming aware of these dangerous impulses.
When the child cannot experience adequate mirroring (the seeking of self objects that confirm and admire the child thus nourishing their famished self) its infantile grandiosity cannot be transformed into a mature psychological structure identified by its more realistic sense of self esteem.
These Narcissistic wounds lead to repressed wishes, anti-social impulses, morally questionable motives and fantasies of grandiose nature.
The vampire image serves as a scapegoat as it allows us to disown the negative aspects of our personalities. This in turn becomes Narcissistic rage and one seeks the utter destruction of others.
The vampire within ourselves projects its image onto others thereby justifying its own predatory intentions.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Do real vampires feel insulted by life-stylers? Empty Re: Do real vampires feel insulted by life-stylers?

Post by Aghrab 10.06.08 12:50

Jonathan,

I highly agree with Maktub. If I were to look at it from a vampire's point of view, I would not feel insulted, nor threatened, by a life-styler. I could easily use it to my own advantage. I might even begin to see my nature more beautifully, and develop more confidence, seeing the amount of humans desiring to be “like me”, although nevertheless, I would not be fond of life-stylers.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 11.06.08 14:33

Thank you all for the answers.

In my opinion I would understand how a real vampire would feel bad, if not insulted, by life-stylers and wannabes. It is after all someone that is using their "culture", ways and all to be fake, pretending to be someone they are not. Using it to personal empowerment or not, personally I see it as a way of deceiving themselves. Living in a fantasy world that is not their own, in the case of them not being real vampires. We can see that all the time on TV, not only in fiction, but actual people pretending to be vampires in shows and documentaries. People that gather followers and fans that are too blind to see how that has nothing of vampiric in it.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 11.06.08 14:59

I think that some people have an innate natural ability towards energy manipulation but they mistake themselves as vampires, psychic vampires to be exact. They don't realize vampirism is a condition of the soul as well.
Matter of fact I would bet that the majority of the 'vampire' forums are made up of these confused individuals and many role players.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 20.06.08 11:59

A'nen Sedjet just made a great point that many fail to realize. Most people that entitle themselves as vampires, are simply humans that have a natural inborn ability towards energy manipulation, sometimes maybe some psychic skills. They are not really vampires, and they fail to understand that vampirism is in the nature of the soul.

And yes, when we mix all those confusions with role play, we get a completely messed up pseudo-vampire community. We can see it everywhere...
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 20.06.08 16:24

I fully agree with both of you. Many people confuse to be a Vampire with having psychic and/or energy abilities.

I am really glad to see that people in this forum are so mature about this subject and radically detached from most of the global ideas on vampirism that are so deeply driven from fantasy, role-play and dress-up.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sekhris 18.01.09 18:16

This portion caught my eye, as I witnessed a "lifestyler" today.

Pardon my interruption... I'm new to the forums. My name is Sekhris. Pleased to meet you all.

As I was just saying, I witnessed one today... She was flaunting around telling everyone she was going to attend some sort of... What was it... She gave it a name. A "Vampiric Feeding Ritual," I believe... It wasn't until her parents picked her up for church did the other teenagers flaunting around with her realize she was lying.

I believe doing things such as that...(referring to last paragraph) Is definately NOT a very nice thing to do. Honestly. Dressing like one is one thing... As we all know vampires have great taste in clothing. Pharaoh

Yelling about supposed feeding rituals... In the heart of all things Christian... Not so much.

(In explanation of the setting, I live in a very bible stricken part of Tennesse.)
Sekhris
Sekhris
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://www.myspace.com/XxMissMcGowanxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 18.01.09 19:49

Hey there Sekhris. Welcome to this community of vampires and other beings.
Wanna go by the Off Topic section and introduce yourself, tell us a bit more about who you are and where you stand? It would be greatly appreciated. Hope to see you more in other threads!

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinda 12.03.09 7:17

It is kind of annoying that people go on youtube and claim that they are a vampire. But I usually just laugh it off. Most of the time it is girls who claim to be one. I guess vampires have become extreamly popular because of Twilight.
Shinda
Shinda
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 16.05.09 23:02

I am completely new here but I guess i should make a first post somewhere...Anyway I'd think that a few would feel insulted and that others would just realize the immaturity of it and let it pass. There has been an insane rise in vampire popularity due to Twilight so naturally, more life-stylers will rise from nowhere. Whether it's a wannabe mentality, a psychiatric disorder or whatever, it's most likely just a phase. And if it isn't, then I'm guessing a few out there really are desperate to become vampires and hope to find one by living their 'lifestyle'.

((btw I am a human but I joined this community in an effort to learn more about the races. Supposedly I am going to become one in a few months through the help of a friend/friends. But since he is also a human-turned-vampire he doesnt have much solid information. I hope this community really does have some vampires behind it with solid information.))
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 16.05.09 23:45

THe above posts by Maktub and Ankhhape express my opinions quite succinctly.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 20.05.09 4:28

Dreiyan wrote:((btw I am a human but I joined this community in an effort to learn more about the races. Supposedly I am going to become one in a few months through the help of a friend/friends. But since he is also a human-turned-vampire he doesnt have much solid information. I hope this community really does have some vampires behind it with solid information.))

Do you mind developing more on this so-called “human-turned-vampire friend of yours that apparently knows how to 'Dark Kiss'”?

I think you are being fooled, however I will not judge you so quickly. It seems like you are quite new to all of this. Hopefully you will evolve more on this subject.

I am sure with the growing number of VF users, this community is becoming more popular each day, meaning we will have new members who arrive here with no knowledge of vampirism, very few knowledge, or entirely incorrect information in mind. I hope that our more older members can be of help to the new, 'younger' ones, and promote evolution, unlike most forums out there on the topic of vampirism.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 20.05.09 4:51

Aghrab wrote:

I am sure with the growing number of VF users, this community is becoming more popular each day, meaning we will have new members who arrive here with no knowledge of vampirism, very few knowledge, or entirely incorrect information in mind. I hope that our more older members can be of help to the new, 'younger' ones, and promote evolution, unlike most forums out there on the topic of vampirism.

Aghrab

Very well put, Aghrab. I would also suggest a new "beginners'" section, perhaps, where newcomers could get oriented as to the nature, level and dynamics of this forum. Perhaps it could include a suggested reading list, a series of questions for self-exploration and maybe a list of "myths" or "urban legends" that could be allegedly false.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 20.05.09 10:30

Very well said Aghrab. You have been more silent lately but your posts are missed.
I also agree with Syrianeh, although that may not need an entirely new section just for that, especially considering that most of the people in here are usually well versed in the dynamics of vampirism and very knowledgeable. Why don't you try and create a new thread on Vampires section especially made for beginners? You could add the resources you mentioned... and then in further posts on that thread we could add more information on myths, books, concepts... descriptions, anything anyone wants really. If it grows into a good useful thread maybe it can even become sticky on the forum, who knows... just an idea. Tell me what you think.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 20.05.09 14:06

Perhaps Elendor and Victoria can come up with something like that... maybe Victoria's videos would be of much help, and Elendor allowing a new section of the forum for beginners. Just a small idea that may be useful to new members.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 20.05.09 15:04

To be honest I don't think Victoria's videos are really aimed at beginners, as I doubt she would enjoy to do more simplistic work for newbies rather than her usually deep concepts.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 20.05.09 21:55

I believe a new section for beginners is not really necessary. I am hoping that if someone is so polluted by the RPG side of vampirism, after reading some of our threads, they will be too scared to sign up... lol! But we can all simply help our new members ourselves, without the need of a new section dedication to beginners.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-04-27

http://www.twitter.com/BleedingDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 21.05.09 9:41

I Agree
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 21.05.09 11:43

I agree on a beginners section mostly because I think it would be more of a pain to the higher-ups to have to explain and teach us in each topic we post in, im sure the others might get sick of the same misconceptions over and over again. But if you guys think it better this way, then feel free.

And to Aghrab, I really am not sure about this. I only found out about the vampire and werewolf councils my second year at highschool. It's a little complicated for one post but my vampire freind and his group are rogues (separate from a vampire council). He has only been a vampire for probably 5 years at the most so he doesn't know too much. The woman who turned him is in Montana and they talk every now and then. Sorry I do not know what is involved in their 'changing process' but it most likely involves blood. I'm sure this is probably all wrong as viewed by everyone else in this site but the only thing I can say to show this is somewhat true is that in Texas, almost every werewolf is now human because of an agreement. I think in two years or less there will be a revival of their powers but I dont believe it. So basically Texas has alot of vampires and 0 WW's. Other than that I really don't have much I could say to validate what I have seen. Perhaps when my 4 months are up I may know more.
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 21.05.09 19:31

With no intentions to attack you, Dreiyan, I simply believe you are being involved in some lame high school game that kids who enjoy the idea of vampirism, in a more fictional way, get attached to and love to play. I am not saying you are childish, however, you do seem to be quite smart for your age and what kind of society surrounds you. I hope that you can somehow find a more realistic path and better approach towards understanding vampirism.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 22.05.09 12:08

Werewolf powers cannot be "taken away" just like that, especially not because of any agreements. Besides, Lycans (the better terminology for werewolf) don't really do agreements, and even if they did, they would not have any value because they are too unorganized. So what one Lycan may agree would never reflect the whole pack or the whole community. There are no Orders of Lycans, but merely some Covens that hardly agree with each other and are not governed by the same set of rules, influence and leadership. They are a very confused community.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 22.05.09 21:06

Jonathan, personally, I like the idea of a "beginners" section. It appears that the forum receives a number of registrations from those who think vampirism is all about the pretentiouness and falsehoods of the popular culture.
I would think that the level of knowledge in this forum should be used to guide those surfing it to consider that their previously conceived beliefs might be mistaken. I purposefully use the word "guide", for to use "teach" indicates that we know the answers. Does anyone on the forum really know the "answers"?
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 23.05.09 14:46

Thanks, i try to be a step ahead of my peers in most things. Well I will agree with you on the fact that the Lycans are severely un-organized, even before this incident. They said that Lycans/Weres live through the same process as you guys do through reincarnation, is that true?

(Friend who's a Lycan said that Lycans and Weres are related but are different type of same creature. Said something about Lycans being the intelligent part of the beast and the Werewolfs being the barbaric side. Really confusing crud, i don't believe much he said because he is 'supposedly' a really old Lycan but he still hasn't gotten over his dislike of vampires, real, fake or otherwise.)
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down