poll on the Asetian bible

5 posters

Go down

Would you recommend buying the Asetian bible?

poll on the Asetian bible I_vote_lcap80%poll on the Asetian bible I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]
poll on the Asetian bible I_vote_lcap0%poll on the Asetian bible I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
poll on the Asetian bible I_vote_lcap20%poll on the Asetian bible I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

poll on the Asetian bible Empty poll on the Asetian bible

Post by Poorvamp 20.07.13 16:54

would you recommend buying it?
Poorvamp
Poorvamp
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

poll on the Asetian bible Empty Re: poll on the Asetian bible

Post by Jonathan 20.07.13 16:58

You must be kidding me...
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 20.07.13 18:57

I'm sure you'll find that almost every member on this forum will say it definitely is worth buying and reading, and going even further than reading, taking what you learn from that book with you. a few looks around this forum would have gotten you the answer instead of making a poll. but i suppose this way, you will receive your answer too.

it is interesting though, that with most new posts and new faces that come about, be them ignorant or sincerely lost, or found and seeking some answers, that the mention of this book arises, no, the mention of the purchase of this book... where it is a valuable and great read, as well is the Book of Orion, I find it fascinating that it is always a first and foremost of this forum to mention the Asetian Bible to new forum visitors, and users to stay... just something I've noticed lurking about.
There isn't too much delving and promotion of other literatures (the scarce ones that exist that are worth reading). Perhaps a topic on suggested reading should be made? surely there must be some other great books and authors out there (perhaps not entirely about vampirism but of similar subjects, preferably dealing with some forms of duality- life and death, the spirit, and energy). just a suggestion, and forgive me if such a topic already exists.

and to answer the actual topic question: it is worth reading. Be you interested in energy manipulation, Egypt, vampirism and what not. Depending on what you're researching, or if you choose to read it simply out of curiosity, there will be new things and familiar things that lead you to view them in a different light, revealing more than you thought you would've known. However, your absorption of the knowledge it holds depends on your ability to take it all in, i.e openmindedness and the ability to see beyond what's simply in front of you.

cheers.
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 20.07.13 20:08

Hehehehehe...are you for real? That is awesome! Laughing
No, do not read it! You must run...run while you still can! The book will poses you and take control of you, limb by limb.. Run, run, run!!!!

But, seriously, the book is not for everyone, and that is okay. There is a disclaimer in it that discusses that for a good reason. Wink
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorvamp 20.07.13 21:24

Well , now two strong opinions on the first day. but none the less i have just ordered it and i just jogged, my exercise of happiness. Truly today is wonderful.
Poorvamp
Poorvamp
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnar 20.07.13 22:35

Demonia wrote:

it is interesting though, that with most new posts and new faces that come about, be them ignorant or sincerely lost, or found and seeking some answers, that the mention of this book arises, no, the mention of the purchase of this book... where it is a valuable and great read, as well is the Book of Orion, I find it fascinating that it is always a first and foremost of this forum to mention the Asetian Bible to new forum visitors, and users to stay... just something I've noticed lurking about.

I feel bad now, because my first topic was about the Asetian bible...

Well, I was asking more about a specific thing, rather than if I should buy it.
Gunnar
Gunnar
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 21.07.13 5:40

Demonia, I think the reason why people so often recommend the Asetian Bible is because it is likely the only good resource ever published about vampirism? Surely there are other great occult books out there, when it comes to the occult there is always much to read and experiment with, but how about vampirism? Besides those books by Belanger, Sebastiaan and Laycock that no one can take seriously what other good works on vampirism were published? I can't think of any and I have read most of them. That's why the Asetian Bible has become such a reference and why people recommend it over and over again to new people interested in vampirism. Not because we're promoting something but because it really is the best resource on the subject and almost the only real one. You're welcome to recommend other good occult books to new students, I find that great, just keep in mind that new users joining here are usually looking for further information on vampires and vampirism, not general occult practices. That comes afterwards to those who continue their studies.

Not to mention that without reading the book new users will not be able to understand most discussions around here without asking all sorts of basic questions that we would have to answer again and again from scratch everytime a new user joined. Being familiar with the concepts and subject helps their understanding and save us precious time.

VampyreFox, there is nothing wrong with asking about it. It's only but natural for people to be curious about a book that is so often mentioned around here. People wonder why is it so special for those who have read it and continue to study it. What magick does it have? How does it work beyond a normal book? I get asked those questions often in private and by people outside of this forum.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down