Lycanthrope friend of mine

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Poorvamp on 02.08.13 21:55

I have a lycan friend and after reading the Asetian bible and learning so much about myself and the nature of vampirism. I was wondering if there was a book like that for lycans.
Do you know of any kind of book like that?
or any existence of one?
avatar
Poorvamp
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 73
Location : Houston, Tx
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Stapleraindrop on 03.08.13 10:25

I doubt it, because I believe lycans are simply wolf otherkin, although I may be wrong. If you were looking for a resource on lycanthropy i suggest you check out an internet otherkin forum.
avatar
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Filia Noctis on 03.08.13 12:33

Stapleraindrop wrote:i suggest you check out an internet otherkin forum.

I wouldn't do that. Many people on (big) otherkin forums are roleplayers and over enthusiastic furries that started to believe their own act. You'll mostly get things about spells and being bitten or cursed an whatnot.

From the few reliable resources I know on this topic I've heard that werewolves (lycans is mostly associated with roleplay and/or the underworld movies) didn't value history and religion the way vampires do and for that reason their history -if there has ever been any importan history- has been lost. The werewolves I know told me they don't feel the need to have a lifestyle based on what they are either. So to answer your question: no, I don't think werewolves have a book that is to them what the Asetian Bible is to vampires.
avatar
Filia Noctis
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 68
Location : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Filia Noctis on 03.08.13 13:00

I've actually been doing some research on the topic of werewolves for quite some time and I have found very little information that was both relevant and reliable, but a friend of mine once sent me something worth mentioning in this topic, because it can be a reason to think that there was in fact something like an "Asetian Bible for werewolves", but like I already said I don't believe it's there anymore.

A common misconception that most people have is that werewolves are only werewolves because they can shift into a werewolf. The truth in it is this, Being a werewolf is what your heart is made of. There are those that can shift but aren't werewolves. Likewise, there are those that can not shift and are still werewolves.

The werewolf culture has, for the most part, been lost and died out completely.
There are many traditions from that past that are no longer seen.
One such was the ceremony of the heart.

It was believed that a werewolf's heart never truly beats, that they are never truly a werewolf, unless they can display several traits that come from the heart.

The belief was that the heart and soul, though separate, at the same time were one. It was believed that the heart was broken into 5 parts, with the soul residing as the 5th most part and at the center of the heart. The first piece of the heart represented warrior spirit.

Many of you must be thinking blood, gore, hunting, and war, but it was in fact more of having strength in the heart, mind, and body. Knowing that there is a time to fight, a time to withdraw, as well as a time for peace. This concept was not just placed into the physical world of war, but imbued into the tasks of everyday life such as a simple conversation.

The second piece of the heart represents perspective. It was said that no two people have the same perspectives, but that they can still share them. This piece of heart was used to explain why someone can look at a tree and think it's beautiful while someone else could think the same tree was ugly.

The ability to see the world around you and understand it through your own eyes as well as the eyes of anyone else is what truly makes this piece function well.

The third piece of the heart is connectivity. This piece of heart allows us to love more deeply then any other creature in existence. It allows us to connect to the things around us in ways others do not understand. For example: My connection with wolves, ice, and music is incomprehensible for others. It's not just something I like or love, it's part of who I am. This piece makes relationships stronger.

The fourth piece is the rank piece. Many of you may be thinking that this piece determines your rank in a pack or as a loner. On the contrary, rather this piece of the heart is what gives you the strength to decide your own rank for yourself. Everyone has the strength and ability to be an alpha if they so chose to use that strength.

Does this mean you could be an alpha? Of course! If you work hard and chose to be one! If you're already in a pack, you can stay in the pack and still be an alpha, but you'll still want to follow the designated leader. This is a really complex system and I'm doing my best to explain it. However, I'm not sure I can find the right words. If you have any questions regarding this section please feel free to PM me so that there isn't so much confusion.

The final piece of the heart is the soul. This represents purity of the mind, heart, body, and everything. It represents every kind of love; passionate, material, religious, for examples. It is the werewolf's duty to maintain a pure self and only allow the proper types of love in their life. For example: A werewolf will not allow dangerous substances enter their body. Example for love: Choosing passionate and religous love over material love.

Now, I'm sure many of you are freaking out because of the dangerous substance part or even other parts of this. Here's your relief.

You aren't expected to become all of this all at once. It takes time, many years in fact. Once you know that you're a werewolf of heart, you'll just know. So if you don't have your warrior spirit part activated and you've gone years without it, don't fret. Focus on unlocking that piece! And once you do, continue on your journey to improve yourself and guide others.

When a werewolf has successfully completed all of these things, there used to be a ceremony to celebrate the accomplishment.
avatar
Filia Noctis
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 68
Location : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Stapleraindrop on 03.08.13 14:50

I have found a website that I think will help if you are looking for real information on otherkin. http://therian-guide.com/?page=Home
avatar
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Filia Noctis on 05.08.13 11:29

I'm a demonkin I'm one of the Goetics
So...I'm a Dragon

Just quotes from the site. As far as I can tell by the topic subjects, writing style and the way they assume things and how quickly they believe what they're told, those are mostly just teenagers who think their life -the way it really is- isn't interesting enough. I can tell you this: real otherkin are as rare and hard to find as real vampires and I'm sure those real otherkin wouldn't tell anyone what they are, at least not on forums.

Let's get back to this quote for a minute:
I'm a demonkin I'm one of the Goetics
I'm one of the Goetics. This is not the way a Goetic demon -if they exist at all- would put it. In fact I'm certain those demons would never incarnate into a human body. And if they would have done so they really wouldn't tell anyone.

I hope I got my point across. That kind of forums just isn't a source of reliable information.
avatar
Filia Noctis
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 68
Location : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Jonathan on 05.08.13 12:14

Filia is right, not only wouldn't a demon go by online forums saying he is one, as Goetia demons can't incarnate. They're native to the astral and the impossibility of reincarnation is one of the many reasons that makes them so angry. They may possess but even then that would be very rare and we can all safely assume he would't go by forums saying how he possessed this human body.

She also mentioned an important thing often neglected online, which is that otherkin souls are incredibly rare like vampires. That says a lot about communities that have hundreds of people claiming to be otherkin. It's a roleplay nothing else.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2285
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Stapleraindrop on 06.08.13 12:00

Obviously some of the personal testimonies are questionable, but the site provides a good overview on real otherkin and the concept of theirans.
avatar
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Filia Noctis on 07.08.13 5:04

Vampire roleplay sites give a detailed description about "vampires", and it's worked out so well that it's actually believable for someone who doesn't know anything about vampires, but that does not mean the information is correct. And I highly doubt the site will give the answer to the original question of this topic: do werewolves have a book like the Aset Ka?
Also I personally believe there's a difference between werewolves and "regular" otherkin.
avatar
Filia Noctis
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 68
Location : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Stapleraindrop on 07.08.13 11:04

May I hear your speculations? I always assumes lycans were simply wolf therians.
avatar
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Filia Noctis on 07.08.13 12:52

Let's start with an example that's most likely a little more familiar: the difference between people that can drain (someone's) energy and real vampires. People that can drain energy can probably also feed on the energy in a way, but that does not make them a vampire. The energy of vampires is different; stronger and their soul is eternal, immortal. They have something in common, but they are otherwise entirely different things.

It's the same thing with wolf therians and werewolves. Wolf therians can change their state of mind from the regular human mind to the state of mind that matches their "inner animal". I think this change is mostly narrowing down the conscious mind to primal needs and desires (eating, drinking, feeling satisfied, feeling pain and sex), because that is how most animals "think". Because the attention is focussed on instinct rather than on thoughts it can be the case that wolf therians become more aware of what they sense (see, hear, taste, smell, feel), which would explain why they claim their senses get better. Wolf therians usually dismiss the idea of a real physical change.

Now we get to werewolves. I believe that while wolf therians can change their state of mind from human to animal, werewolves are the animal in a way, which mostly shows in their energy.
I know someone who claims to be is a werewolf. I've been observing the life energy and aura of people and animals for quite a while, mostly for the purpose of healing.
What I noticed is:
The energy of a werewolf is way stronger than the energy of any human I've ever encountered. When I'm talking about stronger I mean  the mind, the aura, the life energy and the amount of energy in their body (now don't get that mixed up with physical strength and/or the body of lycans in teenage-lycan movies).
The energy of a werewolf feels more primal and more... compact than any human I know. The energy of a human doesn't even get clost to it, but despite that the werewolf's energy feels more pure in a way too.
Also: I think most werewolves don't dismiss the idea of physically changing. My friend said he believed that if a werewolf's energy is strong enough and (s)he can learn to control it. Of course I'm not talking about a change from fully human to fully wolf, but rather about small details like the length of teeth and nails and the color of eyes.

That's about what I believe, of couse I can be wrong cause I only know one person that claims to be a therian and one werewolf, but I'm sure about my observations.
If you haven't read the long quoted piece I posted at the beginning of this topic somewhere yet you could read it too. It's a pretty detailed piece about a werewolf tradition to "strengthen and purify" an individual. I don't know it it's still used though.
avatar
Filia Noctis
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 68
Location : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Nightshade on 07.08.13 13:07

I do not believe a therian or werewolf can physically shift. I think it's something on an energy level, as you described in a portion of your post and without a physical component. Just like vampires don't have fangs, therians have no claws.
avatar
Nightshade
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 285
Location : The Mind
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Lilith's Nightchild on 10.09.13 0:08

While I wouldn't call myself a werewolf, I've read a good bit on the subject of shifting, as well as practiced a few forms, and I think that Filia described it pretty well. The only thing I disagree with is the statement that shifting means reducing oneself to completely primal insticts. While that is an important part of it, it's not all there is to it, and it's difficult to describe. It's like you take on a part of the respective animal's soul. Even if two different species both have the same needs at a primal level, they feel different and have quite distinct personalities.

As far as literature goes, there's a free ebook at www [dot] werewolfcathedral [dot] com on "werewolf philosophy" that has become somewhat popular. In my opinion, it's just Anton LaVey's philosophy repackaged with some very basic spiritual theory related to shifting, but at least it's an honest attempt to codify werewolfism into a coherent spiritual philosophy (your mileage may vary as to whether or not it succeeds).

I think that Michael Ford has also written some on the subject of shifting in Book of the Witch Moon (if I remember correctly?) as well as a few other documents.

There is another author who has written several books on werewolfism, but his name escapes me at the moment. I'll post a link to his site if I can find it.

You could also look up Native American mythology related to skinwalkers, which are strikingly similar in nature to European werewolves. These creatures could allegedly shift physically, and many on NA reservations still believe in them. I'm on the fence as to whether or not physical transformation to any degree is possible, but I keep an open mind.

I'd also advise you to steer clear of the otherkin community. 98% of them are roleplayers with bad information.
avatar
Lilith's Nightchild
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 15
Location : United States
Registration date : 2013-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by OtherBeing on 20.09.13 13:03

this I would strongly say you cannot claim to know, I'm new here, but I do know that this is false. The larger communities aren't full of roleplayers that's the much smaller ones, also the community is for finding and sharing yourself with others.


I'm sure the Goetic demons can incarnate if they desire and I'm sure you of all people should know that even if one incarnates they are still effected by the way they were raised while in the vessel, one cannot act a certain way to display who they are, even the most immature person can be something great in their past that was not so immature. I joined to get to know others, but I see youre quite claiming something as fact when if the goetic do exist you cannot say something can and can't or wouldn't incarnate, alot of beings have their reasons for doing so. I speak this with respect, but I had to put my 2 cents in on the matter of false information.
avatar
OtherBeing
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Age : 23
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Jonathan on 20.09.13 13:16

Of course they can't incarnate that's why they're demons to begin with. They can possess other people but that's not incarnation, in fact that's an entirely different thing. People here talk from experience not because they heard someone saying. The fact that you're saying "if the goetic do exist" means that you didn't experience proof of demonic existence and so you can't (shouldn't) talk about it as if you know what you're saying. Second it's not "the goetic", it's demons or at best goetic demons. Goetia is a medieval practice tied to a grimoire known as The Lesser Key of Solomon, it's not a type of being or otherkin. Do you even know what that is?

As for stating that the larger communities aren't full of roleplayers that's just bullshit, which makes me wonder if you're not a roleplayer yourself since that's basically common knowledge.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2285
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by OtherBeing on 20.09.13 13:39

Jonathan wrote:Of course they can't incarnate that's why they're demons to begin with. They can possess other people but that's not incarnation, in fact that's an entirely different thing. People here talk from experience not because they heard someone saying. The fact that you're saying "if the goetic do exist" means that you didn't experience proof of demonic existence and so you can't (shouldn't) talk about it as if you know what you're saying. Second it's not "the goetic", it's demons or at best goetic demons. Goetia is a medieval practice tied to a grimoire known as The Lesser Key of Solomon, it's not a type of being or otherkin. Do you even know what that is?

As for stating that the larger communities aren't full of roleplayers that's just bullshit, which makes me wonder if you're not a roleplayer yourself since that's basically common knowledge.
Actually I have, just because I experienced many things, but doesn't make it much a general fact, don't try or even go for assume things you don't know. Also any being can reincarnate or incarnate, you saying they can't is like saying you know everything which most likely you don't. I was under the assumption that most forums go off in their beliefs not something they think they know as fact. I do know what it is, and yes they are beings of existence therefore they most likely can. Me and many other believe they can, you BELIEVE they cannot, but that's where you are in your belief not in fact.
avatar
OtherBeing
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Age : 23
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Jonathan on 20.09.13 14:17

It doesn't seem that you understand what we were talking about otherwise you would know there there is no such thing as "the goetics". No matter what you and your roleplaying friends may believe, fiction is very different from reality.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2285
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by OtherBeing on 20.09.13 15:20

Jonathan wrote:It doesn't seem that you understand what we were talking about otherwise you would know there there is no such thing as "the goetics". No matter what you and your roleplaying friends may believe, fiction is very different from reality.
How cute you result to calling someone a roleplayer when they do not agree with your beliefs? that shows such maturity and reflects so well upon this site. Also obviously not the Goetics is a man made concept thus it holds no truth, hence "my experiences" you do not know therefore you should re-evaluate yourself before resulting to such childish claims as calling someone a roleplayer, as I could say the same as you and your thought that you're fact above all else. As much as anyone agrees with you just as much as my beliefs are my own, your beliefs are yours not fact, do learn such next time you reply to me Smile showing such arrogance does put off a bad vibe for those that might look to have a decent conversation one day.
avatar
OtherBeing
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Age : 23
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by OtherBeing on 20.09.13 15:43

She also mentioned an important thing often neglected online, which is that otherkin souls are incredibly rare like vampires. That says a lot about communities that have hundreds of people claiming to be otherkin. It's a roleplay nothing else.
This can also be considered wrong, otherkinity is based off of reincarnation and for a small few psychological affairs. People and beings such and animals and possibly other beings die on a daily basis so otherkin/therians aren't rare. As for Vampires many claim to be vampires when they're just people with vampiric tendencies, but another has no right to call another fake or not such because they did not experience what you have. If that's the case than what's to say you're a fraud?
avatar
OtherBeing
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Age : 23
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Nightshade on 21.09.13 8:07

OtherBeing wrote:any being can reincarnate or incarnate
OtherBeing wrote:People and beings such and animals and possibly other beings die on a daily basis so otherkin/therians aren't rare.
These statements imply a level of ignorance in terms of occult knowledge and study of metaphysics that personally makes me dismiss the rest of his statements and any other claims as fake.
avatar
Nightshade
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 285
Location : The Mind
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by OtherBeing on 21.09.13 8:13

Nightshade wrote:
OtherBeing wrote:any being can reincarnate or incarnate
OtherBeing wrote:People and beings such and animals and possibly other beings die on a daily basis so otherkin/therians aren't rare.
These statements imply a level of ignorance in terms of occult knowledge and study of metaphysics that personally makes me dismiss the rest of his statements and any other claims as fake.
Good for you do you desire a star for your time? this proves your ignorance due to not everything is in the occult that implies your stupidity, you do not know the limitations or possibilities of the world or the unknown therefore you should not act as you do, it will help you in a long run, you cannot say what's fake and what isn't, you are merely like ant other person a small speck of dirt in a endless sect. You should learn more before deeming something you do not know.
avatar
OtherBeing
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Age : 23
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Jonathan on 21.09.13 9:16

Nightshade wrote:
OtherBeing wrote:any being can reincarnate or incarnate
OtherBeing wrote:People and beings such and animals and possibly other beings die on a daily basis so otherkin/therians aren't rare.
These statements imply a level of ignorance in terms of occult knowledge and study of metaphysics that personally makes me dismiss the rest of his statements and any other claims as fake.
Nightshade, I wouldn't bother. Of course you are correct, but I know where he's coming from and how he was led here and that's enough for me not to waste more time with such nonsense. That's why yesterday I didn't further reply. He's just a kid so I'll let kids be kids and maybe someday he'll drop fiction and phantasy to learn what otherkin is all about. Meanwhile, let him dream.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2285
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by OtherBeing on 21.09.13 11:55

Jonathan wrote:
Nightshade wrote:
OtherBeing wrote:any being can reincarnate or incarnate
OtherBeing wrote:People and beings such and animals and possibly other beings die on a daily basis so otherkin/therians aren't rare.
These statements imply a level of ignorance in terms of occult knowledge and study of metaphysics that personally makes me dismiss the rest of his statements and any other claims as fake.
Nightshade, I wouldn't bother. Of course you are correct, but I know where he's coming from and how he was led here and that's enough for me not to waste more time with such nonsense. That's why yesterday I didn't further reply. He's just a kid so I'll let kids be kids and maybe someday he'll drop fiction and phantasy to learn what otherkin is all about. Meanwhile, let him dream.

Aren't you a little devil, but on a serious note, no I am not a kid. It takes a kid to call someone a kid, and the fact that you said "learn what otherkin is all about" shows that you know less than you act, otherkinity is based on the beliefs of a number of people not the beliefs of fact vampires or whatever you believe you are. One can call you fantasy as you claim others are. I assume you are part of this community because the much larger communities put your fluffy beliefs to question and that did not go well with you, hm ballpark? and it's Fantasy do learn to spell properly before you try and downgrade me when you do not know how to spell a simple word. To add to this "of course you are correct" shows yet again you are the types to accept any false information granted to you without question grow up a bit more before trying playing are you better than me, you would surely fail child.
avatar
OtherBeing
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Age : 23
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Maxx on 21.09.13 12:59

I viewed all of your posts here....all 6 of them.  Normally, individuals that have any interest to contribute will introduce themselves in a mannerly fashion and if you had read any of the subjects here you would have understood that. I do not care if you venture any info about yourself in an introduction at all now as everyone here can see that you will not be here long at all with your attitude.  Your attempts  here that you have presented so far have been nothing other than trying to pick a conflict with anyone or everyone.  It will not be long before you are banned completely.   Your 6 attempts at posting have all been antagonistic and if that alone is not enough to present yourself as a young child crying for help, you could not have made it any worse than it already is.  Your vision of yourself is not in any way viewed by others here in the same way you seem to think of yourself.......but if you want to continue to be laughed at by the group here.....go right ahead.....but if you desire to last....I would suggest changing your attitude...otherwise.....I wish you....good speed in your self destruction.....
avatar
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2618
Age : 102
Location : USA
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by OtherBeing on 21.09.13 13:05

I do not introduce myself til I get a gist of this site and by far it's full of as the larger communities say "tryhard fluffies" I do not care if I'm laughed at by those that are frauds. I do not pick arguements as any of the others, the fact that I do not mindlessly agree with what has been said here and hold different beliefs/facts as you all seems to cause a little controversy in this little nit. I will not change my "attitude" til they learn to not act as if they're nothing but fact as it's clear that they aren't, but it seems it's smart to point out the one that refuses to believe false information. I suggest if any keeping them inline rather than point out myself and myself alone. It reflects badly on this site.

As for being a child, it seems you have missed the little childish whining of your fellow members I suggest yet again you check that out rather than me.
avatar
OtherBeing
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Age : 23
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2013-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lycanthrope friend of mine

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum