Jonathan
Demonia
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Winged Solar Disk of Egypt Empty Winged Solar Disk of Egypt

Post by Demonia 29.12.13 16:55

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the winged solar disk and its significance.

Winged Solar Disk of Egypt Sundisk

I've done some research online and what i have found in a nutshell from most websitesis this:

That basically it is a symbol of protection, and a symbol of victory and royalty. I did read somewhere that it is thought to be linked to the brain as some link the eye of Horus to the pineal gland.

"In Ancient Egypt, the symbol is attested from the Old Kingdom (Sneferu, 26th century BC), often flanked on either side with a uraeus. In early Egyptian religion, the symbol Behedeti represented Horus of Edfu, later identified with Ra-Harachte. It is sometimes depicted on the neck of Apis, the bull of Ptah. As time passed (according to interpretation) all of the subordinated gods of Egypt were considered to be aspects of the sun god, including e.g. Khepri." (wikipedia)

Also other civilizations used variations of this symbol as well. I just find it very beautiful and wanted to know as much as possible about it. I feel there is more to it spiritually that I'm not finding on the web. I'm also curious of the significance of the sun being atop some's heads in hieroglyphs. I did try to find some answers a while ago by looking in the local library, but they mainly just had picture books with small unhelpful definitions.
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

Winged Solar Disk of Egypt Empty Re: Winged Solar Disk of Egypt

Post by Jonathan 29.12.13 17:05

An image of victory and royalty as you said, more than a symbol of protection. The sun at the center is likely connected with the symbolism of Horus, so a reference to the bloodline of the pharaoh (again, royalty).
There may be deeper spiritual connections that I'm not aware of but would be interested in learning. Please keep us posted on further findings.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 29.12.13 17:40

Will do. I want to know this symbol down to a T... the horns atop the wings, whether the number of feathers means anything, why they are (at least as I've noticed) always on the ceiling of temples or at the top of building arches.

there is this website here that has some more info, but it appears to be a personal website made by someone sonot sure how credible it is but it's a good general information source like wikipedia but better http://firstlegend.info/3rivers/thewingedsolardisk.html

there is also this site http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/symbols/winged_sun_disc.htm that says it's rightful name is Behdety;

"The sun disc set between wings is known since the fifth dynasty: the symbol for the heavens had become a solar symbol. By this time Behdety had become identified with Horus, the divine ruler of Egypt, the royal uraeus serpents—protectors of the Egyptian kingship–were added, which since the New Kingdom wore at times the crowns of Upper and Lower Egypt respectively. The winged disk now symbolized the divine protection of the king. "

there is also this source that's a forum and informational website but i didn't look around it much. a user from there made this connection/hypothesis

http://lightworkers.org/blog/177939/reconnecting-thoth-and-winged-sun-disk .

"The winged sun disk is actually depicting the enlightened human brain or "THE GATEWAY TO GOD"...the sun disk is the pituitary gland (or 3rd eye) and the wings are the right and left corpus callosum. Between the right and left thalamus is where the pineal gland is situated

these and a few other sites are all the helpful information I've been able to find so far. I'm not taking them as a final answer but moreso as a starting point in this search for more info
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 01.01.14 1:08

Slightly off topic, but there is a section in this that mentions a disk below a certain sphinx that may be a physical representation of the solar disk.certain
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 01.01.14 12:03

At around 9:00 in that video when they start talking about mars and the 'lucifer experiment' is pretty much our planet right now hah. I've seen a good number of spirit science videos. they're quite informational- they sometimes leave out some information- but still very good videos. thanks for the input Stapleraindrop Smile
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maktub 02.01.14 11:40

Demonia wrote:"In Ancient Egypt, the symbol is attested from the Old Kingdom (Sneferu, 26th century BC), often flanked on either side with a uraeus. In early Egyptian religion, the symbol Behedeti represented Horus of Edfu, later identified with Ra-Harachte. It is sometimes depicted on the neck of Apis, the bull of Ptah. As time passed (according to interpretation) all of the subordinated gods of Egypt were considered to be aspects of the sun god, including e.g. Khepri." (wikipedia)

To students of Asetianism I will leave two comments on this reference that may provide material when exploring such deeper studies.

1. There is remarkable phonetic resemblance between the name Sneferu, a Pharaoh from the Old Kingdom, and the word Senef, one of the older transliterations for Blood in Ancient Egyptian. It almost comes as a blending between the words Senef and Nefer. The importance of the word Nefer in Asetian history and in reference to the royal family of the Aset Ka during the Sep Tepy is legendary and well known by most of you. The elder son of Sneferu is no one else than Khufu himself. His mother, Queen MeresAnkh I.

2. The temple of Edfu, dedicated to Horus king, is one of the several known pillars of Asetian influence in Egypt still standing. An area where important battles in their history took place, later celebrated as a temple erected south of an incredibly old archeological location which I shall not describe in here. Elements of the temple were later reconstructed during the Ptolemaic period. Some symbolism was lost and intentionally destroyed, other was hidden, much still remains there for wise seekers to find.
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 02.01.14 14:09

Thank you for such informative statements.  

I found great interest in a part of the Sanctuary description....

"Further past the Hypostyle Hall, Festival Hall and the Hall of Offerings, lies the Sanctuary of Horus. It contains a shrine of polished black granite and an offering table."  

This interested me for obvious reasons.

Thank you for the posting, Maktub.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 02.01.14 19:42

SRaindrop.......that video is for certain not what history teaches.......also, there are so many changes and mis-directions in that thing from the ACTUAL  history that the movie is as far off center as the actual teaching of history is.  It got off track from actual fact so many times it was like riding the subway and getting off at ever stop to catch another train.  wow.  Even the real Jews are laughing at that one.  Thanks for the show.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 02.01.14 19:52

Always insightful information! Thank you very much Maktub. I really like this. Your contributions are priceless.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 02.01.14 21:01

Maxx, yeah the direct historical accuracy among some other aspects were definitely dodgy, but there were some things that just made sense or helped awaken subconscious connections to other things.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 02.01.14 21:23

good.....stay with those and do not get mixed up with the others......but you already knew that.......
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 04.01.14 10:13

"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 04.01.14 14:14

Thank you, Maktub.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 07.01.14 14:12

I found a scientifically correct one, just for you Maxx Razz

Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 07.01.14 14:32

Yes I remember viewing that about 1 and a half years ago on tv and then I watched it again later. This one I cannot agree with. But I certainly thank you for your search and post.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 07.01.14 20:42

If you feel comfortable sharing, how do you think the pyramids were built? For the purpose of opinion, I think that Thoth brought technology to the Egyptians.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 07.01.14 21:23

The stones were cut with tools we cannot duplicate even today. We cannot build a structure like that today.  So thinking that the design and moving the stones were done by purely physical effort by manpower will not add up for me.  I believe that sound and energy manipulation was used to maneuver and place them into position.  Maybe something like Dynamo Jack uses. Thoth may well have given the technology.  But any of my thoughts is pure speculation.

I see that energy can be used and transferred to heal people I have never met or seen from pure thought across the planet from me.....I think the same can be used to produce something like this.  It could even have been created by pure thought creation instantly like is done on higher realms and can be seen and demonstrated once you pass over.  

Who can argue against the concept that the structures were created by thought on a higher realm completely and them moved here into this lower dimension using thought creation entirely?  That seems more likely to me based on what I am seeing here in my life than the description put forth in that video.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 07.01.14 21:25

We are many times falling into the trap of viewing this universe entirely with the limitations imposed in this 3rd dimension realm. So much more activity is happening right in front of us that we do not see or are aware of.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 07.01.14 23:55

Aberrantly the great pyramid was built within the reign of one pharaoh, so I don't see why the pyramids couldn't be built 'unconventionally'.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 08.01.14 0:05

I believe the great pyramid to be the result of ancient Asetian technology used for advanced initiation and energy work. It's much more a structure of great magick and power than a tomb which is a much later theory.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 08.01.14 8:47

These statements are very interesting and show how each person is so really different.   None is completely wrong....  LOL.  Like todays US education system.  A wise individual from this site said that you will see where a person is in their walk in life by the statements they make.  Again, more and more I see the statement, "We don't  see things as they are, we see things as we are." as showing a persons present situation in life by the thought process. No position is wrong as we each are on a learning curve to be in constant change and we all serve a purpose so I am not belittling any concept.   We all agree that the pyramids were constructed but we have a different angle we see them from.  I also agree with the statement they were used in initiation along with another use which connects an energy grid all over the planet. Also being constructed to connect to exact planetary locations is a given fact. I personally see their design connected with the ability to use a portal to enter and communicate with other dimensions utilizing a black mirror type stone.  This was used in group sessions by empowering one individual with a boost to ordinary energy.  "IF" this is so then there is no way I can see conventional construction methods used to create them. If they were used in a higher purpose, then ordinary methods to build them has to be eliminated because you are mixing two things together that do not mesh like oil and water.   To what degree the original use of these structures has moved  away from today's "thinking" and no longer used for the actual reason in their construction we can only speculate and wait and see.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 08.01.14 10:05

Maxx wrote:We are many times falling into the trap of viewing this universe entirely with the limitations imposed in this 3rd dimension realm.  So much more activity is happening right in front of us that we do not see or are aware of.

yes. this. ^ ^ ^
we just have to open our eyes... or eye.

in regards to the pyramids and the emerald tablets of thoth, if all is true from the translations of the tablets that i have read, then i agree the pyramids must have been a thoughtform manifested into the third dimension. And the uses... just like we have energy manipulation tools and intensifiers... imagine a giant one, aka the pyramids, used for travel and other things...

or did thoth pass the knowledge to the people of how to create the pyramids in the third realm/physical dimension by means of magick? i believe more in thoth creating them himself though

I just wish there was a way to actually see the physical tablets themselves and hear the words that were written in their original context. like the power of 'Ohm' among others, the spoken words on those tablets must resonate with its own energy that i'm rather curious about
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 08.01.14 13:49

Maxx about the pyramids being used to construct an energy grid, if you look at a map of the earth there are a lot of military bases built out in the middle of nowhere that happen to be locations where ley lines intersect.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 08.02.14 6:41

Maktub: Do you think that the basis of Asetianism was explored and created in the Temple of Edfu? Mainly the 7 Sacred Pillars?
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 20.02.14 20:06

Maktub wrote:1. There is remarkable phonetic resemblance between the name Sneferu, a Pharaoh from the Old Kingdom, and the word Senef, one of the older transliterations for Blood in Ancient Egyptian. It almost comes as a blending between the words Senef and Nefer. The importance of the word Nefer in Asetian history and in reference to the royal family of the Aset Ka during the Sep Tepy is legendary and well known by most of you. The elder son of Sneferu is no one else than Khufu himself. His mother, Queen MeresAnkh I.

Back to the subject.

I've been exploring a bit over my notes and I just want to share some thoughts. It is important to note here a few details, Khufu was not the only child of Sneferu, he had more Children. In cartouches the Pharaoh Sneferu is represented by the Nefer hieroglyphic and if we look at the remaining cartouches of the lists of kings we see that the three pharaohs are described in the Book of Orion as Khufu, Khafre, Menkaure in a more clearly vision where understanding is clear about the mysteries of each pharaoh and his creations. We know that the name Nefer belongs to the Royal Family and is represented in Asetian Bible by the main Shen Tiet(Blood of Aset), and also by the Secondary Shen,Erogenous. The problem with that dynasty is with Djedefre that is "accused" of killing his brother to reign the throne, this matter is not clear, and I have seen several interpretations of the two brothers. Anyway, my interpretation of this is that Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure, are Asetians and Djedefre is a Keeper. Not just because it was not relevant in the construction of the pyramids, but because his name so indicates. "Djed" is the symbol of Osiris which means stability, therefore, I believe that not only he protected the Asetian work for his successor as he loved his Family, such as a Keeper does. What do you think?
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down