Anne Rice quotes in the Asetian Bible

5 posters

Go down

Anne Rice quotes in the Asetian Bible Empty Anne Rice quotes in the Asetian Bible

Post by Troublemaker 09.03.14 20:36

I came across something strange while reading my copy of the Asetian Bible today. Now, I apologize if there is a hidden message here that I'm not seeing, but I don't quite understand why they would use Anne Rice quotes in the work... especially if they are trying to differentiate between the true vampires and the fictitious ones of popular culture. (No matter how well an Anne Rice quote would fit in with describing the feeling a vampire gets while feeding off another.)  Am I missing something blatantly obvious? No disrespect is intended here, I'm just confused.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Anne Rice quotes in the Asetian Bible Empty Re: Anne Rice quotes in the Asetian Bible

Post by Stapleraindrop 09.03.14 20:46

If I am not mistaken the context of the quote is something about seeing a last sunrise. Sunrise was a sacred time for the Egyptians, and along with sunset is the time when Nut and Geb can embrace.

The quote is referring to the newly turned vampire's descent into darkness. He is looking at the sun, much as a mortal would be taking his last look at mortality as he recieves the Dark Kiss. Transcending mortality would be an important moment in ones life, don't ya think?

In all seriousness, I believe this is a subtle message to the unawakened that the bible was made to reach.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Anne Rice quotes in the Asetian Bible Empty Re: Anne Rice quotes in the Asetian Bible

Post by Kalb 10.03.14 3:59

Em Hotep,

Rhea Kaye: There are other references in the book too. I remember at the time not "liked" seeing a quote from Anton La Vey. There is no problem in having quotes from other writers because I believe that Master Luis Marques believed to be the more correct words or passage to our interpretation. This comes only give an extra value to the book, because we saw his honesty in putting something that is not of their origin, but at the same time is of great value to his teachings. This does not mean that other authors have had the same perception of things, if we analyze the content has nothing to do.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 10.03.14 5:20

I agree with you, Kalb. It is a true sign of honesty to cite any previous words from other writers, no matter how questionable, that might have influenced your own words or to illustrate them.

Which is not something we can say of some people in vampire "pop culture", like Michelle Belanger, who straightfacedly takes credit for everything.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 10.03.14 8:37

I see nothing wrong with the inclusion of quotes from other authors in occult works. It's not relevant if they come from works of fiction, scientific or even dogmatic. They all sum up to the artistic and cultural background of humanity and together they define our history in a way. I believe that is behind the idea why Luis Marques have used quotes from so many different sources in his Asetian Bible, including people from such different walks of life. In a sense it's a map on how Asetianism is so undeniably universal and timeless as elements of its foundations and teachings can be found reflected everywhere, even in different cultures and traditions that have nothing to do with Asetianism or the Aset Ka. I for one did appreciate those references.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 10.03.14 10:13

Thanks for the helpful responses, guys. You all have a good point.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down