Medusa's Egyptian Origins

3 posters

Go down

Medusa's Egyptian Origins Empty Medusa's Egyptian Origins

Post by Troublemaker 07.04.15 20:43

Is there an Ancient Egyptian equivalent of Medusa? I have been reading around lately, trying to find some clues. Different people tend to assume Medusa as being the Greek version of many different Goddesses from Egypt. Two of the theories I have found are Wadjet and Neith.

Medusa being the Greek version of Neith makes little sense to me, given that I've heard she is of the Concubine lineage and an Elder. (My apologies if it is rude to bring up specific Asetians in here.) Medusa being associated with snakes makes her seem to have a more Viperine feel, so the Wadjet theory makes a bit more sense in my mind. Wadjet is associated with cobras and the Eye of Ra, so surely this goddess would have a very powerful gaze (this fact is reminiscent of the paralyzing gaze of Medusa).

And that brings me to another question... was Wadjet an Asetian, simply of the Asetian family, or outside of it, regardless of whether she has a connection with Medusa? It is unbelievably difficult to make sense of Egyptology and myths when trying to match them up to Asetianism, because of the unsavory things humans have done to corrupt historical records.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Medusa's Egyptian Origins Empty Re: Medusa's Egyptian Origins

Post by Stapleraindrop 07.04.15 21:14

You live according to your will
You are Wadjet, the Lady of the Flame
Evil will fall on those who set up against you.

You can grasp a lot from this, both from the energy, and taking note of the use of capitalization.

For cleanliness sake, not my quote. Also the book of Sakkara is so goooooood
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 07.04.15 21:46

That is interesting. I haven't read much of the Book of Orion yet, but the quote does in fact say a lot Smile
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 08.04.15 5:49

Rhea Kaye wrote:Medusa being the Greek version of Neith makes little sense to me, given that I've heard she is of the Concubine lineage and an Elder.

From my understanding Neith is of the Scorpion lineage not Scarab (Concubine). Where did you find that information?
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 08.04.15 10:10

Huh... that's funny, because I used to associate Neith with Concubines too. Maybe it was because her and Sekhmet were the eyes of Ra, and Neith was depicted as more 'humanized' in the sense that she was wielding a bow, where Sekhmet was more primal, in an animistic sense. Once I found out she was in the imperial guard though that assumption changed. Razz
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 08.04.15 10:19

She was a young warrior and bow artist of the Imperial Guard. Marques has a poem published about her in the Book of Orion, speaking about a historical battle when the Sethians caused a lot of destruction against an Asetian stronghold.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 08.04.15 10:48

I think that's the red dawn... A few of those poems punched me straight out of body lol. Wonderful Heka.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 08.04.15 11:02

Stapleraindrop wrote:A few of those poems punched me straight out of body lol. Wonderful Heka.
It means that you read them right. Marques' poems are far more than just poetic art. They are brilliantly disguised as that. Those poems are energy and magick. They even gift us with a powerful use in terms of past life work and Asetian magick but I don't wish to dwell much on that.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 08.04.15 11:33

I don't know if this is completely relevant to the thread, but am going to share a speculation from the BoO.

In sigillum 333, each lineage is connected with 2 arcana, one of the 7, and one of the zodiacal. The incarnated Scarab is connected to Kaph, the wheel of life and the current of Jupiter. Jupiter, being balanced with the chaotic Mars energy would, to me, represent the controlling of the cycling of the concubine. Jupiter, also being related with Was would be central in their grounding and establishing of their own personal shields.

The divine Scorpion is connected with Gimel, the priestess. I would assume this would connect with them learning about the nature of their soul and shields, and being able to break their own subtle blockages. This, connecting to the Ib also has obvious connotations with their true love.

In the case of the Concubines, the major arcana seems to help their incarnated condition, where the Scorpion's relates more to the essence of their soul, and divine condition.

The Serpent is where I get stumped. Their connection with Mercury and Tau is obvious upfront, in their being the catalytic leaders of the lineages, but I am unsure as to how it relates to their being. Does anyone have any insights or speculations as to this relationship?
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 08.04.15 15:45

Stapleraindrop, I'm afraid I don't have any insight for that particular line of thought, being in such early stages of my learning through the Book of Orion.

Victor, thank you for the clarification though. I actually thought I found this information somewhere on this forum, although perhaps I read something incorrectly.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down