What Has Helped You?

+4
Troublemaker
Woolfe
Jonathan
Gargoyle
8 posters

Go down

What Has Helped You? Empty What Has Helped You?

Post by Gargoyle 22.09.15 14:00

"The initiate of Asetianism is renown for the depth of his knowledge and this does not apply to a single subject or branch of science. Asetianists are constantly encouraged to learn about every form of knowledge and culture in order to develop a greater understanding of the higher Truth as unveiled behind the big picture."
-Luis Marques (Book of Orion)

With that being said, what practices or systems (other than Asetianism), whether occult or scientific, have helped you most in life to aid you in higher understanding of the Universe? Question
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

What Has Helped You? Empty Re: What Has Helped You?

Post by Jonathan 22.09.15 17:19

Witchcraft, astronomy and astrology, astral projection, kabbalah, meditation, tarot and many others.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargoyle 22.09.15 20:48

Great choices. I use every one of those systems too, although I haven't really gotten into Tarot as much as I'd like too. I'm still working on astral projection too, but I've had many experiences with it, some so strange I can't put into words.

Are there any specific techniques for meditation you can recommend?
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 22.09.15 22:15

There are just so many different techniques for meditation that I recommend you to experiment with several to find which work best for you since everyone is different and reacts differently to meditation. Start with soothing and contemplative techniques that promote relaxation.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargoyle 23.09.15 11:03

Good advice, I have been doing just that.
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Woolfe 14.10.15 21:54

I have studied different religions, experimented with meditation, astral projection, talking with people and listening to their different beliefs, tarot cards, and a few other things I am sure that I cant think of off hand right now.
Woolfe
Woolfe
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 14.10.15 22:54

As far as literature goes, I am particularly fond of Crowley, although I haven't gotten that deep into his work yet or investigated the words of many others. It's a long process, finding stuff I actually like and that resonates with me. As far as techniques go, meditation will always be a favorite.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 15.10.15 0:02

Manly P hall. crowley.... Hermeticism .
mmmm... I was going to líst everything here ... but I dont think its much i have not sniffed on in some form or another ... Not all resonates, but so much just repeat it self in different works true history with tiny differences ...

I do really enjoy manly p hall... and the secret teachings of all ages, also the taoistic female practice is always of interest as i do enjoy sex magic also demons of flesh was a nice book for a sums up ...

Meditation is essential .. to any energy work ...

Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargoyle 03.11.15 7:25

Thank you all for the replies. Asetianists (and like-minded individuals) should have many tools in their arsenal. The Truth is Universal, so it's all about connecting the dots. The way to do that is to take what resonates with you and keep pushing forward for answers. I have dedicated my life to the pursuit of knowledge and for the evolution of my soul.
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata 03.11.15 15:32

I would like to add @Gargoyle that studying world history and religions of different cultural backgrounds is very important. You will find so many parallels. Understanding science of energy and the behaviors of humans and other animals on an instinctual level is also extremely helpful. It can aid you in maintaining a rational mind so that you do not lose yourself and turn everything into a profound occurrence, when it may not be.
Sinata
Sinata
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargoyle 03.11.15 18:18

Indeed, Sinata. Great addition.
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelahel 04.11.15 5:57

The most logical alternative to me would be Kemeticism.

I would also recommend scrying into black mirror or obsidian. You get the advantage with scrying of visualizing yourself close to or around ancient Egyptian civilization. By use of scrying you have the chance to project to an Egyptian temple; you can really do anything, so long as you have set intention for the message to receive. If you meditate beforehand or keep photos of artifacts, you can interact with them in your meditation. It is ritualistic and will deliver personal messages.

If you are a user of tarot or other forms of divination, I recommend using those means in your mind. It may take a few tries, but after a while your intuition should be sharp enough to tune you into the practice without needing the tools physically in your hand.

Any metaphysical tool you resonate with and can get comfortable with will be an asset to you on your journey. I especially recommend using a physical item from Egypt if you have one: A figurine or small statue, engraving, papyrus piece, etc. Tapping into the energy of the land will help you tap into that ancient knowledge.

I hope this helps you at all. Safe travels~
Leelahel
Leelahel
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 04.11.15 6:00

Good advice by Sinata and Leelahel. All worthy of pursuit by dedicated practitioners.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelahel 04.11.15 6:05

I almost forgot!

Another method I recommend is to run your finger down the side of the Asetian Bible. Open it up to a page randomly and set your finger on a word or phrase. Let your finger wander until it stops, as you would a Ouija board. Ask spirit to guide you to your message, breathe, set the intention.

Whatever word or phrase you land on, write it on a piece of paper. Read it and reflect. Repeat it in your mind and allow yourself to wander the depths of your psyche. There is so much in there to offer, you can honestly repeat this process many times and you'll always get something different. The Asetian Bible is wonderful for bibliomancy and as a starting point for your venture.

Just let it lead you where you need to go. It will really give you a strong sense of direction, and also a sense of purpose.

PLease share your findings with me in PM if you like. I'd love to add more to this conversation.
Leelahel
Leelahel
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargoyle 04.11.15 18:23

Leelahel, thank you very much for the advice. The techniques you offered seem very powerful. I will indeed experiment with them and PM you my results.

Em Hotep to everyone who has replied. I appreciate it... us Asetianists need to converse in order to spread knowledge and wisdom in the name of Aset. There can never be too many weapons in our arsenal. Pharaoh
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 04.11.15 19:32

Besides Asetianism, I have devoted time to studying Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Kaballah, Neopaganism, and Shamanism, and Satanism as well as dream work, astral projection, nature, meditation, languages, mythology, entheogens, kundalini, among many other areas of interest to me...

Some of these have given me greater answers than the others. Some things, I have barely dipped a toe in, yet. Nevertheless, knowledge is everywhere you look. "Seek and ye shall find."

Heruset
Banned

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargoyle 04.11.15 22:50

Heruset, I consider myself an Asetianist first, then an occultist, and finally a Taoist. Although I'm not too big a fan of labels, being an Asetianist means no limits; study all paths. With that being said, I've experimented with nearly every practice you've stated with amazing results. They have given me wondrous revelations, experiences, and knowledge. A few of the paths you named I owe to even being on this very road to evolving my soul... a never ending quest for Truth. I would not be where I am today if it weren't for certain practices/activities that came to mind. Things started to get really intense, though, when I found Asetianism over a year ago.
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 05.11.15 11:41

I haven't really studied systems in general. I have begun studying Crowley's 'big blue brick', which is quite nice, although that will take several years to digest. However, for the most part I just sit with my own mind, trying to go deeper into it. It has helped me a lot.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 05.11.15 11:51

That's a really nice book Rhea as long as people don't take it as gospel. lol
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 05.11.15 16:25

Gargoyle,

I'm sure we've had a lot of similar experiences then. Twisted Evil

Heruset
Banned

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargoyle 05.11.15 23:19

Rhea Kaye, I have had read Crowley's work and respect Thelema but I have not read that one yet. Will have to as soon as I get the chance. Thanks for the suggestion.

Heruset, indeed. I'm sure we have.
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down