A Statement from Bailey

3 posters

Go down

A Statement from Bailey Empty A Statement from Bailey

Post by Maxx 22.10.15 12:15

This comes out of a book by Alice Bailey.  I post it here as there is a section in it which will tell us that just because someone thinks they are ready for higher education and all of the past info they have been subject to is correct, and all of their assessments of themselves are correct,  this is more than likely not real info they base their  conclusion on.  I am telling you that the physical body of each of us reveals what each person has experienced in previous lives and at what stage our advancement is at the moment.  A trained observer can take one look at you and see what is going on.  You can yell and scream how wrong all that is and they are wrong about you and just bias with their so called truth, but the facts remain to prove this situation.  Consider......

A Treatise on White Magic (Alice Bailey)
3 mins ·
A Master also studies the condition of an aspirant's physical body and of the subtler bodies to see whether in them are to be found states of consciousness which would hinder usefulness and act as obstacles. These conditions are likewise karmic and must be adjusted before his admission among other chelas becomes possible. A sick physical body, an astral body prone to moods, emotions and psychic delusions, and a mental body uncontrolled or ill-equipped are all dangerous to the student unless straightened out and perfected. A chela is subjected constantly to the play of force coming to him from three main sources:
1. His own ego,
2. His Master,
3. The group of co-disciples,
and unless he is strong, purified and controlled, these forces will serve but to stimulate undesirable conditions, to foster that which should be eliminated and to bring to the surface all the hidden weaknesses. That this has to be done inevitably is so, but much must be done along this line before admission into a group of disciples; otherwise much of the Master's valuable time will perforce be given to the elimination and nullifying of the effects of the chelas violent reactions on other chelas in the same group. It is better to wait and work gradually and intelligently oneself than force one's way unprepared into lines of forces before one can handle either them or their consequences.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

A Statement from Bailey Empty Re: A Statement from Bailey

Post by Raven Kyles 22.10.15 12:40

A chela is subjected constantly to the play of force coming to him from three main sources:
1. His own ego,
2. His Master,
3. The group of co-disciples,
and unless he is strong, purified and controlled, these forces will serve but to stimulate undesirable conditions, to foster that which should be eliminated and to bring to the surface all the hidden weaknesses. That this has to be done inevitably is so, but much must be done along this line before admission into a group of disciples; otherwise much of the Master's valuable time will perforce be given to the elimination and nullifying of the effects of the chelas violent reactions on other chelas in the same group. It is better to wait and work gradually and intelligently oneself than force one's way unprepared into lines of forces before one can handle either them or their

I am understanding much of what is written here, but as far as being his own master of himself, but how are the co-disciples supposed to help you master one's own self?

True, it is important to master yourself before helping others, but I'm guessing it is supposed to help you learn valuable lessons on life is it not? I'm just curious to know of what discussions this might lead to.
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2015-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 22.10.15 13:36

The statement says that the 3 areas mentioned will be constantly bombarded by forces to destroy the enlightenment....  it then goes on to say....

these forces will serve but to stimulate undesirable conditions, to foster that which should be eliminated and to bring to the surface all the hidden weaknesses. That this has to be done inevitably is so, but much must be done along this line before admission into a group of disciples......

Many there are that walk among the outer occult circles that have been interested in study of something they find interest in....but read only....with no exercise to obtaining real experience....and have nothing to compare how these forces actually attack the true path to education.  

There are so many areas of discussion which could be opened in hundreds if not thousands of ways one could interact with.  I suppose that is one of the reasons she put so much into her book mentioned above.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 23.10.15 14:35

Another factor that an adept has to consider is whether there are in incarnation those chelas with whom a man has to work and who are karmically linked to him by ancient ties and old familiarity in similar work.

Sometimes it may be deemed wiser for a man to wait a little while before being permitted to step off the physical path until a life comes in which his own co-workers, keyed to his vibration, and accustomed to work with him, are also in physical bodies, for a Master's group is entered in service to be rendered and specific work to be done, and not because a man is to receive a cultural training which will make him an adept some day. Chelas train themselves and when ready for any work a Master uses them. They develop themselves and work out their own salvation and as step by step is taken their particular Master lays more and more responsibility upon them. He will train them in service technique, and in vibratory response to the Plan, but they learn to control themselves and to fit themselves for service.

There are other karmic factors to be considered by a Master but these are the three paramount ones and of the most importance for aspirants to consider now. They are specified so that no true and earnest worker need be depressed and discouraged if he has no conscious link with the Master and is unaware of any affiliation with an esoteric group of chelas. It may not be because he is not fit. It may simply be because his ego has chosen this life to clear the decks for later action, to eliminate hindrances in one or other, or all of the three lower bodies, or to wait for that time when his admission may count the most.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 30.10.15 12:27

some more interesting words from Bailey....

Energy may pour into the force centers in these cases, but because there is no directing intelligence it will run riot and we then have those sad cases which strew the path of occult endeavor and have brought the work of the Lodge into disrepute - cases of over-emphasized personalities, of superstitious devotees, of credulous followers of leaders, of fanatical unbalanced idealists, and of those warped minds which arrogate to themselves powers which are not theirs. Men and women become swayed by astralism and wander in the vale of illusion regarding themselves as different from other men, placing themselves upon a pedestal far above average humanity. They fall consciously into the sin of separateness. Add to the above category, the cases of sex perversion, brought about by over-stimulation of the sacral center, the cases of neuroticism and over-sensitivity and emotionalism, brought about by the premature vitalization of the solar plexus center, and lastly the cases of insanity, brought about by over-stimulation of the brain cells through unwise meditation work, and it will become increasingly clear why it is deemed necessary to proceed slowly and to develop the mental processes as well as the spiritual nature.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 30.10.15 12:30

What is your take on this Maxx?
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 30.10.15 13:06

It appears to me that she is giving somewhat of an explanation for some individuals we see come through this site that exhibit strange actions that veer from the norm. But what is the actual norm?  Depends on what level one would be looking at this from.  This is what I have been reading from these paragraphs of hers and also the main theme of her book appears to show there is much work for one beyond just reading a paragraph and aligning with what they think their new found ability has now been defined for them. How do you see it?
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 31.10.15 0:13

I think I can agree with your view although I don't have a well informed opinion because I'm not very familiar with her work and other teachings so I want to avoid judgement from only these samples.

When you ask what is the actual norm that's something that can't be defined in my opinion. Certainly we here don't fit in the norm either as everything that we study and practice is seen as abnormal to most of the world out there. I don't think placing tags of what is norm or not is beneficial but I feel that was your idea as well.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 31.10.15 8:06

It is like viewing a chart on the positions of planets at any given time. From some point, it must be viewed and ascertained whether looking at it from a location in Africa or in Europe or in Austraila. A point of reference has to be used. Using Earth as a whole would not narrow. I know you are aware.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 31.10.15 8:10

Yes I post portions of her book in small sections as I find it an interesting read. Some of her insights give me pause for reflections at times. Even her organization used a measuring standard to look at taking in students as many others do, as well.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down