Saga
Nightshade
Gargoyle
Drake
8 posters

Go down

Like minded Empty Like minded

Post by Drake 10.11.15 9:25

First I would like to say thank you for letting me join this forum and I look forward to meeting others and gaining knowledge.

However, the true purpose of this post is to say how great it us to find a vampirism forum that doesn't believe vampires are humans with energy leaks or defects. That is an absolutely rediculous theory in my opinion and personally I've always believed that I remain eternal in my soul as a vampire in whatever shell I inhabit. Vampires are connected beings, one with the earth, the universe and the energy that intertwined it all. It's really unfortunate that the vampire communities try to put their crap out there like that.

So thank you to all that helped create and help run this forum

-Drake
Drake
Drake
Banned

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-11-09

Back to top Go down

Like minded Empty Re: Like minded

Post by Gargoyle 11.11.15 13:02

Welcome, Drake. Glad you agree that thinking vampirism as a defect is simply ridiculous.
Humans may appear to remain "eternal" but their souls degrade over time, regardless of how many incarnations. Vampires live for eternity. Before claiming to be a vampire, realize that you must be able to comprehend eternity or infinity. Also, claiming to be a vampire in this forum can be frowned upon. Just a heads up, not trying to be rude or call you dishonest.
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake 12.11.15 11:01

Thank you for the heads up. However, thus isn't directed toward you by the way, I am not one to walk on eggshells. I am what I am and I know that for sure. I'm always growing and learning but I am confident in what I am and who I am.

It's ok though because I don't believe everything I see here. I'm sure theres a rich history behind Asetians and I mean n disrespect but I just feel deep down that vampires did not originate there. I believe we are a lot older than that.
Drake
Drake
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 12.11.15 11:50

Drake wrote:It's ok though because I don't believe everything I see here. I'm sure theres a rich history behind Asetians and I mean n disrespect but I just feel deep down that vampires did not originate there. I believe we are a lot older than that.

I'm curious. What do you know that is "a lot older" than ancient Egypt?
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake 12.11.15 12:29

Well Mesepotamia is one that comes to mind but I'm sure there were many before that.
Drake
Drake
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 12.11.15 12:30

It's spelled Mesopotamia not Mesepotamia and it's not older than Asetian history. Not even close actually. So that proved my point yet again.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Saga 12.11.15 12:53

Actually... Mesopotamia is 100 years before Ancient Egypt. Ancient Egypt is 3100 BC, while Mesopotamia is 3000 BC.

Saga
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake 12.11.15 12:58

Sorry gramma nazi sir! There are such things as typos. So it says in your book, I'm not here to debate history or Asetians so what do I care if you have something to prove. No skin off of my back Smile
Drake
Drake
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 12.11.15 13:34

Saga wrote:Actually... Mesopotamia is 100 years before Ancient Egypt. Ancient Egypt is 3100 BC, while Mesopotamia is 3000 BC.

Do you understand that 3100BC is actually older than 3000BC? Now I feel like lecturing children. Anyways, even though your dates play against you and state that Egypt is older the dates are actually wrong. I don't even need to bother our resident Egyptologist to make sure those dates are inaccurate.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 12.11.15 13:35

Drake wrote:Thank you for the heads up. However, thus isn't directed toward you by the way, I am not one to walk on eggshells. I am what I am and I know that for sure. I'm always growing and learning but I am confident in what I am and who I am.

It's ok though because I don't believe everything I see here. I'm sure theres a rich history behind Asetians and I mean n disrespect but I just feel deep down that vampires did not originate there. I believe we are a lot older than that.

Something that I'm finding not a good indicator on your honesty or seriousness is that you spoke as if you never heard about Asetian vampires before. If that's true then how can you feel deep down that they aren't the true origin of vampires if you know nothing about them?

I always find it suspicious when I see someone talking about what they don't know and making judgement without knowledge. Really not a good indicator to me.

Either way it matters not what you believe. This forum isn't about belief or faith. You're free to believe anything you wish.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 12.11.15 14:34

Drake wrote:I'm sure theres a rich history behind Asetians and I mean n disrespect but I just feel deep down that vampires did not originate there. I believe we are a lot older than that.

The real problem here is your lack of understanding that how you feel "deep down" has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. Many feel "deep down" that they are the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler or Marilyn Monroe. Others feel "deep down" that they are a dragon or a fairy. It has no real value.

The history of the Aset Ka and the genesis of the Asetians as first vampires is built upon evidence, research and scholarship. You don't seem interested in knowledge or open to learn beyond your narrow set of ideas so I will not mention the published literature and the wealth of knowledge that an Order such as the Aset Ka left us in their legacy, or the many people who studied Asetian vampirism and culture for decades upon decades. I wonder, your ideas and "deep down" feelings are built upon what?
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake 12.11.15 14:48

You know there were people before your precious ancient Egypt, which I happen to really like too, we don't need evidence of that. Most books contain false dates and events as most of it was biased anyway. I'm no historian and I don't know much about the dates you're right. However we have the ability to see beyond the teachings of one source and if that makes us shunned here then so be it. We didn't come here to belong to any group or anyone anyone
Drake
Drake
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Gargoyle 12.11.15 14:55

Drake, Asetianists have the ability to see beyond the teachings of one source as well. You should read the Asetian Bible... but you fail to show any interest in doing so. We are very open-minded individuals but we base our world-views on Truth.
Also, I feel you are missing the point. My advice is to ignore the "insults" you have suffered and search beyond... do not base your opinion of this forum on the negative, but on the extensive knowledge to be found here.
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 12.11.15 15:55

I saw right through this guy. He joins the forum and immediately posts how we are all so like minded, how he noticed this community is so different and better from the rest of the vampire community but at the smallest of obstacles and divergent opinion he snaps, starts insulting everyone from lack of better arguments and suddenly we're all a bunch of megalomaniacs and exactly the same as every other community. This psychological instability and quick change of mind into polar opposites represents an unstable character or a dishonest person. I'm glad that he was shown the doorway out.

Now I'm a firm believer that we do need different opinions in this forum and challenging theories but we don't need people who aren't capable of accepting someone's different views before jumping into insults. That's no trait of a vampire for sure.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 12.11.15 16:48

There was a lot of immaturity in these two. What I found odd is that I was actually quite welcoming and respectful to both so the insults didn't seem adequate or, as you said, coming from a sane mind. Maybe they will grow up and someday see all of this under a different light.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 12.11.15 16:51

yes...you are just an all around nice guy no matter who shows up at the party. But then again, there is always that jackass at the same party that does not use deodorant. Shame on him.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 13.11.15 18:52

I agree with most of the general consensus here. (Sheesh... the things I miss when I leave for a few days... Lol.)

I fail to understand how the opinions of those you do not know over the Internet, of all places, affects people so much. If you are truly powerful, a thousand users here could be insulting over and over with the worst possible things and it shouldn't have much of an impact. Who cares if people attack your beliefs? I'd say be steadfast in your work with the occult and pay others little mind, unless you stand a chance of growing from them. This isn't to say I agree with the original posts.

In fact, what caught my attention here was the discussion of the oldest civilizations. For some reason, I feel a bit indignant when people try to claim that places such as Sumeria, or Greece, or etc. were the oldest... when this is clearly a lie. Determining the truth is not as easy as simply typing "Oldest civilization" into the Google search engine.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: