So lets start with the stupid questions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So lets start with the stupid questions...

Post by Teaman on 19.01.16 16:03

Before I dwell deeper into the way of Asetianism, I figured it would be best to strike the stupid questions right off the bat. So please, do not be offended if any of these would seem ignorant, offensive, or just plain stupid. This forum has an incredible amount of texts, so I found this way to be shorter and more direct, engaging in communication with whoever replies. Once these are out of the way, I may come back with more meaningful questions, and/or topics. That depends on what I learn here. So please, bear with me...

First, do you consider Asetianism to be the one and only true way for Vampires as a whole? If yes, why? If not, why did you choose it and where do you see other possible ways?

Second, do you consider the bloodlines (Viperines, Keepers, etc) to be fitting for all vampires? If yes, in which bloodline do you see yourself and why? If not, are these just stereotypes to identify vampiric traits, or how do you see these bloodlines?

Third, I've encountered opinions stating that the clans of World of Darkness's Vampire the Masquerade are somewhat somewhat close to be able to actually be used as stereotypes for different Vampire behaviors. If you're familiar with what I'm talking about, would you agree? Why/why not?

Fourth, do you engage with other species (even if they just claim to be), such as werewolves, otherkin, or any other non-vampiric non-human beings? If yes, how do you feel about them? If not, did you not meet any yet, try to avoid them or just deny their existence?

I guess that's all for now. Again, please try to stay serious even though these questions seem ignorant. I do not claim to be on any side of these, not yet anyway. I just want to see your views and beliefs as a community, so that I can be sure I'm engaging with the right people.

Thank you,
Teaman
Teaman
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: So lets start with the stupid questions...

Post by Rhea Kaye on 19.01.16 19:05

Hello Teaman and welcome to Vampirism Forum.

First, do you consider Asetianism to be the one and only true way for Vampires as a whole? If yes, why? If not, why did you choose it and where do you see other possible ways?

This depends entirely upon the individual's definition of the word "vampire". The new Djehuty of the Serpent is ushering in a fresher pattern of spiritual thought. However, this has caused a rise in the popularity of the vampiric archetype. A quick peek at Facebook or any highly popular forum in relation to the occult will likely yield little more than a first-class view of the most recent circus happenings in the "vampire world". Therefore, I am left questioning what you mean when you use this particular word. The Asetianist view is that vampires are NOT common, and it is an eternal condition of the soul. This viewpoint, however, touches upon a vast multitude of highly elitist spiritual truths and is not, in any way shape or form, similar to the common definition of 'vampire' that you will find polluting the Internet. So, to answer the first part of your question, no true follower of Aset will tell you that their path is the one true way for a generalized group of people. In the Asetianist viewpoint, the 'one true way' is found by a lifelong path of hard effort, meditation, and the endless pursuit of personal betterment. A 'one true way' must be found by getting into touch with your Higher Self, and to preach otherwise would be counterproductive to the very message presented in the Aset Ka's public works.

Second, do you consider the bloodlines (Viperines, Keepers, etc) to be fitting for all vampires? If yes, in which bloodline do you see yourself and why? If not, are these just stereotypes to identify vampiric traits, or how do you see these bloodlines?

This is certainly not the case, and here I refer to my above comments about the polluted nature of those hordes claiming to be real vampires. A human experiencing a predatory desire to feed from someone's energy or blood does not make them a vampire. A human suffering from a malfunctioning shen or other damaged parts of their subtle system may begin to vampirize others, whether that is subconsciously or at will. That does not, however, mean they are anything other than human (or some other unrelated kintype.) Furthermore, any being can learn to use predatory techniques of energetic draining or other associated skills. The Asetian lineages are not fitting for all vampires because they are not pieces of clothing to be pulled out of a wardrobe and donned at will. They are very real, divine beings with a history far more ancient than many are willing to admit. They are elite.
~The Keepers are the lineage of Anubis and they are not all vampires. Little is known about them, other than what you may find in the Asetian Bible.

Third, I've encountered opinions stating that the clans of World of Darkness's Vampire the Masquerade are somewhat somewhat close to be able to actually be used as stereotypes for different Vampire behaviors. If you're familiar with what I'm talking about, would you agree? Why/why not?

If people truly are comfortable with squandering their precious lives and space upon this commodity of a planet by using such absurdly vapid, useless roleplaying material as some attempt at pseudo-spirituality, that is their own business. I am familiar with Vampire the Masquerade, although I never had much to do with it. The very essence behind it is one of plastic desperation. (Gettit? Because of the plastic fangs? Eh... me and my lame humor. Anyway... ignore that. Smile )

Fourth, do you engage with other species (even if they just claim to be), such as werewolves, otherkin, or any other non-vampiric non-human beings? If yes, how do you feel about them? If not, did you not meet any yet, try to avoid them or just deny their existence?

I'll be honest here, this question, even more so than the others, seems as if it implies a non-human nature of anyone on this forum. You will not find many people shouting about their 'otherness', if they feel in such a manner. Avoiding or denying the existence of something is entirely useless. I think the more experienced members here will tell you that they prefer to observe others in silence. It is easy to get a glimpse into the nature and personal world of others simply by allowing them to speak or get comfortable.

I can tell that you have done at least some reading here, judging by the slightly tentative tinge to your words. If this is the case, then surely you know that many of these questions could be answered by reading through the forum at a decent length and observing others within the so-called "Vampire Community." The public works of the Aset Ka would also answer many of your questions.

I just want to see your views and beliefs as a community, so that I can be sure I'm engaging with the right people.

Unfortunately, when taking the popular viewpoint of vampiric spirituality into account, it is possible that members here will be blunt and say things to make you suspect you are not engaging with the 'right people'. This is simply because they are blunt and have a low tolerance for nonsense. (Don't take that the wrong way... there wasn't really anything wrong with your question.)
Rhea Kaye
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan on 20.01.16 11:04

Educated and thorough reply Rhea. That was a good read and I agree with several points you expressed.

I just wish to emphasise the notion that clans and theories from Vampire the Masquerade have nothing to do with real life vampirism. Some terms and ideas from that fantasy world have been adopted by groups like the Strigoi Vii by Father Sebastiaan and House Kheperu by Michelle Belanger that are mostly understood as roleplaying groups in the vampire community and not spiritual societies or genuine occult culture.

Vampirism as spirituality and occult knowledge should not be confused with roleplaying. That's an important concept to the members of this forum and the several different communities that surround the Asetian tradition.
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2193
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by -Amirah- on 22.01.16 17:37

I think Teaman answered my questions thoroughly , what I struggle with is the LHP aspect of Asetianism.
I was a practicing Wiccan for the longest time, and thought that ToV and various websites were a little over the top.
But, if I can somehow overcome the doubts I feel inside, maybe my spiritual path won't remain as stunted.
-Amirah-
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-08-30

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/FlashofCloth

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade on 23.01.16 5:29

-Amirah- wrote:I think Teaman answered my questions thoroughly , what I struggle with is the LHP aspect of Asetianism.
I was a practicing Wiccan for the longest time, and thought that ToV and various websites were a little over the top.
But, if I can somehow overcome the doubts I feel inside, maybe my spiritual path won't remain as stunted.

I think it may aid in your understanding to examine what exactly darkness means in Asetianism. The LHP side of Asetianism that's pretty clear in the Asetian culture doesn't mean evil but wisdom and profound introspection. It doesn't mean ego or selfishness but initiation and transformation. I believe that many people are led to the wrong idea of LHP and the spiritual pillars of the left hand path due to traditions that claim the word darkness as their own without an actual understanding of what that means such as the examples of Satanism, Luciferianism and several other systems that portray a wrong notion of "dark path".
Nightshade
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb on 31.01.16 14:06

Rhea Kaye: Nice Post.
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1252
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan on 31.01.16 14:10

I wonder what happened to Teaman though, after his questions he sort of disappeared.
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhea Kaye on 31.01.16 15:04

Thanks Kalb.

And Jonathan, I did find that to be rather odd. He logged in several times but never did respond. I hope we didn't scare him away. lol
Rhea Kaye
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan on 31.01.16 16:31

Rhea Kaye wrote:And Jonathan, I did find that to be rather odd. He logged in several times but never did respond. I hope we didn't scare him away. lol

Hope not! Wouldn't be the first though. Very Happy
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum