Questions for a college essay

4 posters

Go down

Questions for a college essay Empty Questions for a college essay

Post by OliviaLucus 14.03.09 18:18

Hello my name is Nicole . I go to college here in Orlando Fl and I am currently writing an essay about Vampirism and modern vampires. I would like to ask you for a little of your time and help with my assignment. All I need to is ask you a few questions about modern vampires. You can remain completely anonymous and I won't ask any invasive questions. You won't have to answer any questions that you are not comfortable with answering.

Here are a list of questions that I would like to know:
1) How is a modern vampire different from what we all know of the mythical vampire?
2) Do you or your group believe in a higher power like god?
3) Is it true that modern vampires wear all black and worship the devil?
4) Is there a religion such as wicken that vampires belong to?
5) How do you address the people who doubt what you are?
6) As an outsider it's hard to believe that modern vampires are immortal, are they? If not, is there an afterlife for vampires or do they reincarnate?
7) Do you believe that vampirism is a choice or just born apart of who you are?

Those are all my questions. Thank you for you time.
-Nicole- you can e-mail me at Cole76547@aol.com
OliviaLucus
OliviaLucus
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Questions for a college essay Empty Re: Questions for a college essay

Post by Aghrab 14.03.09 22:24

Hello Nicole, and welcome to Vampirism Forum.

The answer to much of your questions would be quite long, but I will try and explain the basics, although I will focus mostly on Asetian vampires then on the new-age psychic vampires. I believe this is even better, since Asetian vampires are the first vampires that existed. Their blood roots back to the ancient times, long forgotten...

OliviaLucus wrote:1) How is a modern vampire different from what we all know of the mythical vampire?

The true vampire is really nothing like the fiction has taught us. Although they do have a few things in common, but again, nothing like in the vampires seen on movies and read about in books. For example, the myth about vampires hating the Sun and its rays, can make some sense, if you look at it through an Ancient Egyptian view. In Ancient Egypt, Ra was known as one of the leaders of the Elder Gods and it was known that Aset, the Mother of the Asetian vampires, poisoned the Sun God, Ra, and by making him speak his “secret name” (the secret to his abilities), she got access to his terrible powers and in this way, became the Goddess of all Gods, with astonishing powers. However, vampires do not die under the rays of the Sun, they simply become weaker, and their metaphysical abilities and powers are not as strong as it would be if done at night, or simply not under the direct force of the Sun. In a worse, more rare case, a vampire can even collapse under the strong rays of the Sun.

Another thing vampires in myth have in common, in a way, with true vampires, is their abilities to shape shift. Vampires are known as highly manipulative beings, able to project of themselves whatever they wish for the target to see in them. This ability alone can make others “see” the vampire the way he wishes to be seen, so their advanced and inborn manipulation reflects that details about vampires in myth.

OliviaLucus wrote:2) Do you or your group believe in a higher power like god?

Before I answer this, I have to say that we here are not the Order of Aset Ka, but many are simply Asetianists, meaning we study Asetianism and thrive for knowledge and enlightenment in this divine and dark path.

Yes, the Asetians do believe in a higher power – Aset.

OliviaLucus wrote:3) Is it true that modern vampires wear all black and worship the devil?

Vampires do usually wear black clothing, but their reasons are not just fashion, but metaphysical. Black is not a color; it is the absence of color, therefore it absorbs all of the colors in the visible spectrum, reflecting nothing of it. Dressing in all black gives the vampires a better sense of the energy surrounding them, when on the other hand, dressing in white would be a great way for them to block energies, like a shield, making them more “blind” to the energies around them and their environment.

The part about worshiping the devil... Vampires do not worship the devil. If you mean Satanism, then to be honest, that has nothing, at all, to do with vampirism. Although many believe that Satan is just another name for the Ancient Egyptian God Seth.

OliviaLucus wrote:4) Is there a religion such as wicken that vampires belong to?

The oldest vampires are the Asetian vampires, with Asetianism as their religion, and the Sethian vampires, with Sethianism as their religion. However, in modern days you can find vampires that are from other religions, or follow different paths, but I am only pointing out the oldest religion and path in vampirism.

OliviaLucus wrote:5) How do you address the people who doubt what you are?

True vampires, by no means, wish for others to believe in them. They believe that if the society is not aware of their existence, that it means more powers in their hands... and they are right. A true vampire will never show that he has a certain unique ability, just so he can prove to someone that he is a vampire. They see this as against evolution of the Soul. So how they would address people who doubt what they are, perhaps, is simply “humans”.

OliviaLucus wrote:6) As an outsider it's hard to believe that modern vampires are immortal, are they? If not, is there an afterlife for vampires or do they reincarnate?

Vampires, even the most ancient ones as Asetians and Sethians, are not psychically immortal, but their Souls are. Yes, there is an afterlife for vampires, and yes, they do reincarnate. This is the immortality that exists within true vampires, the immortality of their Ba – Soul.

OliviaLucus wrote:7) Do you believe that vampirism is a choice or just born apart of who you are?

If you mean vampirism, as in one being a vampire, is something that the vampire is either born with, and awakens to it, or it can be earned, in the form of the Dark Kiss, which can only be performed by an Elder Asetian. A Dark Kiss is what is called to the gift that an Elder Asetian can bless a human Soul with, although not only with his own powers, but with the acceptance of Aset herself. This is an act in which the human Soul dies and the Asetian one awakens, where the human Soul, which can dissipate, will become immortal.

This was a very long post, but I hope it gave you some basic information about vampirism to finish your assignment.

I believe you would find all the answers to your question about vampirism, in the Asetian Bible, being a solid reference on vampirism.

Good luck on your essay.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.03.09 9:20

OliviaLucus wrote:
1) How is a modern vampire different from what we all know of the mythical vampire?
Very different, however I would not call him modern vampire, but real vampire. They don't die in the sun, they don't need blood to live, they need energy. They do have magickal powers but not the strength of 10 men. That all is just myth.
OliviaLucus wrote:
2) Do you or your group believe in a higher power like god?
I am not part of a group, but solitary. However, yes, most of us do believe in higher powers, usually the Ancient Egyptian pantheon, where Aset and Seth are seen as the mother and father of vampires. Of two distinctive bloodlines, though.
OliviaLucus wrote:
3) Is it true that modern vampires wear all black and worship the devil?
Not at all. No vampire worships the devil, most don't even believe in a true evil, but simply in different faces of power. Not all vampires wear back and it surely is not a condition for a vampire, however many do tend to enjoy wearing dark clothes because of what Aghrab already explained.
OliviaLucus wrote:
4) Is there a religion such as wicken that vampires belong to?
Yes, Asetianism.
Aghrab mentioned Sethianism but that is not entirely correct. There is no such thing as Sethianism from what I understood so far, since Sethians themselves also follow Asetianism, like the Keepers and many other beings.
OliviaLucus wrote:
5) How do you address the people who doubt what you are?
I don't. I rarely share my views with people from the outside, they lack the ability to understand this world.
OliviaLucus wrote:
6) As an outsider it's hard to believe that modern vampires are immortal, are they? If not, is there an afterlife for vampires or do they reincarnate?
No vampire is physically immortal. The immortality of a vampire refers to his soul. Unlike humans, their soul never ages and never dies. That is what the immortality of a vampire refers to.
OliviaLucus wrote:
7) Do you believe that vampirism is a choice or just born apart of who you are?
I believe vampirism to be something you are born with.

I hope this could be of any help.
Good luck with your essay. Smile

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaina 16.03.09 6:07

Hello Nicole, the others have really nailed the questions so far. We do all have different opinions and also different walks of life.
If you need more information we will be willing to give you our answers, and if we are uncomfortable with the question we will let you know, so ask away.
Other than that, why dont you visit the Other Topics page and introduce yourself, telling us a little more about you.
Elaina
Elaina
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by OliviaLucus 16.03.09 8:38

I just want to thank all of you for being so honest with me. You have all helped me very much and after this essay I plan to learn even more.
OliviaLucus
OliviaLucus
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 16.03.09 8:51

No problem at all, it is a pleasure to help clearing up some misconceptions.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down