Michelle Belanger caught in acts of vandalism and self-promotion once more.

+2
Jonathan
LadyHeather
6 posters

Go down

Michelle Belanger caught in acts of vandalism and self-promotion once more. Empty Michelle Belanger caught in acts of vandalism and self-promotion once more.

Post by LadyHeather 16.03.09 19:11

Belanger was again caught by Wikipedia editors spamming articles promoting herself, plagiarizing established texts and vandalizing articles on vampirism for personal profit and notability.

Proof follows in the link below. History log of her latest edit on Wikipedia. The red highlights are the parts she changed:

https://2img.net/h/oi44.tinypic.com/8y7zhc.jpg

Pay attention to detail, the words she changed, how she completely grabbed a text written by Wikipedia editors and turned it into a self-promoting article in a rude attempt to bring notability upon her book. Simply impressive, huh?
Well, we all know the nickname Sethanikeem is used by Michelle Belanger for long. Any simple Google search can show us that. Her personal blog, among other of her websites, is registered under that handle. Wikipedia has discovered this long ago and already warned her about her acts of vandalism and self-promotion that go strictly against Wikipedia policies, classifying her internally as a self-promoting user. They went as far as shutting down her article and fully deleting it from their content and servers because of her actions, self-promotion and spam all over Wikipedia. Just give it a look on the logs of her edits and all her promotion becomes clear in front of your eyes. Sucks when people don't know they are being logged, no? Twisted Evil

I discovered this when reading the Wikipedia editor's comment for her latest edits that I showed on that picture. The tag connected to her edits is:

Undid revision 276645901 by Sethanikeem Vandalism. Author keeps trying to self-promote herself. Check deletion log for Michelle Belanger article.

Well, and that's what I did... I went to check the deletion log for her article, and lets see what is that Wikipedia editors and users have found about her actions over the time on Wikipedia. Wink

I will paste here some quotes from that discussion on Wikipedia, where editors have decided to delete her article and identified the user Sethanikeem as Michelle Belanger trying to spam articles and promoting herself:

The article is just the author self-promoting herself. Clearly fails at notability and it is by no means encyclopedic knowledge. To support these claims, we can see the same author, Michelle Belanger, spamming Wikipedia with her own books and trying to take down credibility from other works. For this check history of edits in the Energy Vampire article (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Energy_vampire&action=history) and see all the edits by the user Sethanikeem promoting Michelle's books, ideas and hatred towards other views and works. Then do a simple search on the Sethanikeem nick online and see it is used by Michelle Belanger, the author, in several forums and online services (A few examples are Flick, LiveJournal and the Witches Voice, among many many others. Any simple search will easily show this.) This kind of attitudes is fully against Wikipedia policies and nothing more than self-promotion in trying to gain notability for personal gain. More attitudes from this author against the same works that she tried to take credibility in her Wikipedia edits can be found also across the web, mostly in forums. Her use of several different nicknames for her own manipulative agendas is a common thing, that again, can be easily verified by online research. So in the end this is a non notable author, publishing teen-oriented nonsense about the existence of vampires, by the use of occultist overtones to manipulate people over her views, that in the end have no credibility and are not supported by any well established and believable scholars or publications. In no way this can be justified for a Wikipedia article.

Delete - no independent reliable source to establish notability. Promotional.

Speedy Delete - The reasons for deletion seem to be valid and I can't really see enough notability in this article for being considered encyclopedic knowledge. Not to mention that seems to be touching on the realms of a hoax.
In support of the mentioned reasons for deletion, I also found this article about the supposed author, on Encyclopedia Dramatica. The nick Set Hanikeem is refered as being her alter-ego, and some form of pre-historical priest that she is trying to create a new cult based on. For further research on Michelle Belanger, the article can be found on the link: http://www[dot]encyclopediadramatica[dot]com/Michelle_Belanger

Delete. Undoubtedly Promotional.

Delete. This article fails in NPOV (self-promotion).

Delete , This article fails at Wikipedia:NOTABILITY.
As it is described in Wikipedia's official policies and guidelines, as one of its first pillars (check WP:5P):
"Wikipedia is not the place to insert personal opinions, experiences, or arguments. Wikipedia is not an indiscriminate collection of information. Wikipedia is not a soapbox; an advertising platform; a vanity press; an experiment in anarchy or democracy; or a web directory. It is not a newspaper or a collection of source documents; these kinds of content should be contributed to the Wikimedia sister projects."
Despite all of this, the article can be considered Wikipedia:PROMOTION and based on the research information provided in the deletion request, seems like all of this is connected with Wikipedia:Conflict of interest.
The fact of the author self-promoting herself and spreading links, texts and references about her own book, which can be verified in Wikipedia history logs, represent more than enough reason for deletion.

Delete as a Wikipedia:PROMOTIONAL article. Well-writen, but lacks notability. Wikipedia's aim is keeping a record of encyclopedic knowledge, not advertisement.

Since the author herself is spamming different Wikipedia articles with publicity on her book to try and bring some notability and fuss around her pseudo-intelectual work, I believe that Wikipedia:Conflict of interest applies. As a Wikipedia Editor just mentioned in a commentary above, although COI alone does not warrant an article deletion, it can reinforce the other reasons for a positive and obvious deletion of a strictly promotional article, that serves only the author's purposes.
Wikipedia:PROMOTION is the key in here, added to the spam in other articles that is easily verifiable.

Now take your own conclusions...

~ Heather

LadyHeather
Banned

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Michelle Belanger caught in acts of vandalism and self-promotion once more. Empty Re: Michelle Belanger caught in acts of vandalism and self-promotion once more.

Post by Jonathan 17.03.09 8:18

I cannot believe it, that woman is really obsessed about the Asetian Bible. I bet she can't even sleep at night just thinking about it.
lol!

It's really stupid how far some people are willing to go and well, if we doubted some of the stuff Maxx and Victor have said about her, now we have undeniable facts.
Ridiculous...

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Michelle Belanger caught in acts of vandalism and self-promotion once more. Empty Re: Michelle Belanger caught in acts of vandalism and self-promotion once more.

Post by Elaina 17.03.09 8:45

Again I think it is so interesting how the Asetian Bible effects all that read it. She really does make the case against her easy.
Elaina
Elaina
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 17.03.09 9:54

She is just so sick... But as Elaina said, it is very interesting to see the effect the AB has on people, and how it moves the weakest of minds. She tries to gain something from all of these insane moves, but yet she is burning herself more than ever.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaina 17.03.09 9:56

I agree, all she is doing is hurting herself and helping everyone else. She is making herself look even less knowledgable and reliable. So even those that trust and look to her will eventually see her for what she is and turn from her too.
Elaina
Elaina
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 17.03.09 10:43

Jonathan, I really don't see this as something to laugh at and joke from. But something to pity.
These exposed actions are simply disgusting. I have no other word to describe it.

Elaina and Aghrab, I agree with your words on how the Asetian Bible moves people, having its very own natural dynamics. As I said for several times before and how the book also explain to us, it affects people, in ways that they don't even notice it. Belanger's continuous attempts to discredit the AB and its author easily proves that to anyone, how most of all, she was simple overpowered by its magick. If she was really superior to it and trusted her own Self, she would simply move on, but no, she can't do that, and so she lingers wasting her life, her time and her energy trying to attack the things she feels threatened by.
It is a natural condition of humans to try and fight the things they cannot understand and feel it as a threat. That has become obvious in this case and personally I can only wish for the day when she will finally grow up, evolve and start living her own life instead of living it only to damage others.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Elendor 17.03.09 12:49

I ask for a bit of maturity in here.

We are a community that strives for knowledge and evolution. We don't support flaming threads like this.

I understand that some people feel insulted by these actions, and I can understand the contents reflected in here don't show a very noble action. I also wish to remind you all that everyone has the right to make mistakes. I am sure that every single one of you has done them in the past. So instead of insulting and flaming, lets just try to bring who is wrong to reason and to help them being more righteous in the future. By flaming back and forth we are only being like them. But we can be better, can't we? Isn't that what makes us so much different and evolved when compared to the unaware stagnated society?

LadyHeather, as for you, I simply want to state that we don't tolerate users that register in this community simply for creating even more flames in an already flamed subject. Despite the point of what you presented in the contents of your post, the underlaying attitude is something we cannot ever accept among us. So for a fresh start, please go on the Off Topic section and present yourself to the community. Start by doing more positive and productive threads, sharing your knowledge and experiences in the occult, instead of simply presenting information to stir the crowd. Otherwise, you will be banned. Consider yourself warned.

Everyone, don't take me wrong. I don't support the exposed actions and thoughts on this. But the whole administration of this forum believes we should give the example. It's not by chance that we are such a different and recognizably mature community and forum. Think about it.

I will lock this thread so we can all move on to more enlightened and healthy discussions, where people can actually learn and share real experiences.
Thank you.

Elendor
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-06-01

https://www.vampirismforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down