One half of my family

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One half of my family

Post by Sammy_UK on 05.06.17 7:33

Hi,

I'm completely new to this stuff, but was doing some research and found this forum by accident while looking into the other half of my family. I don't really believe in the supernatural side of this, but it's the closest thing I could find to what I was looking for and I wonder if the idea of vampires is based on actual biological traits in some families.

My family on my cousin's side are a bit odd. Both my aunt (my mum's step-sister) and the uncle's family are from very old French/norman lines. All the kids (they have huge families) are a bit unusual and they teach them an old version of some pagan-jewish-christian mixture (I haven't found a name for it after years of research). They all live a pretty long time, despite very unhealthy lifestyles, and are very very intelligent (lots of engineers, professors, financiers, business owners, etc). Their grandfather won medals in the mind olympics and was a member of Mensa. He worked (we think) as a world class professional gambler, but on behalf of rich people, and had an incredible memory. Then moved abroad and disappeared in his late 80s. The grandmother was a pianist and singer and also disappeared when the son (my uncle) was in his early 20s. They were very wealthy and had a very rich lifestyle in the early 1900s. But both were incredibly private outside of family. Their name literally means strong tooth, both were very pale and the grandmother couldn't spend much time outside due to a 'skin condition' (never diagnosed, so not sure what). The younger generations inherited the same condition and cannot spend too long outdoors without heavy sunblock. The son had 3 children, who are all very intelligent and also wealthy in their own right. They were all taught this same odd religion from birth (my cousin once tried to explain some of it to me, but I was too young to really take it in).

On the mother's side, the family are very old basque lineage. They have a similar belief system, and also share the traits of the father's side (very pale, burn easily, very intelligent, very healthy). All the family are very into meat (one cousin owns a butcher shop, although he doesn't work there), preferably blue/rare and kill and eat their own animals. The woman have problems with aneamia if they do not eat enough meat (one cousin once tried to go vegetarian during college and ended up in ER) and the boys will actually drink the blood as if it's gravy and say they love the taste. They are otherwise extremely healthy and never get sick (despite smoking, drinking, drugs, etc). They all live long healthy lives past 90 (no inherited illnesses, cancer, etc), bar one of the wives who killed herself after marrying into the family and having children. They are very tall and abnormally strong (even the women). In fact, I remember my aunt winning drinks for beating men at arm wrestling in a bar when I was small. Even at 60, she is still a very tall and strong woman and has no problem lifting very heavy things that I would struggle with.

They are very friendly to my side of the family, but generally keep themselves to themselves and follow their own rules. They run their finances like a dynasty, with a trust that they all pay into and use. I can imagine a family like theirs giving rise to the mythical idea of 'vampires' back in 'olden times'.

Sammy_UK
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: One half of my family

Post by Heruset on 05.06.17 9:12

They don't sound like vampires to me; perhaps, like you said, fearful people created myths.
Heruset
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Re: One half of my family

Post by WhiteCrow813 on 05.06.17 16:16

Yeah honestly just sounds like you rolled a pretty interesting life and your family's prone to genetic conditions (assuming you're being 100% honest). The men could have Renfield's syndrome (but I'm not a healthcare professional, I'm a front desk lady at a hotel). Since your country actually has a semi-functional healthcare system I'd get karyotyped if I were you. I'm curious about the religion bit, though; care to elaborate?
WhiteCrow813
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2017-05-28

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum