Horus as solar deity and Viperine Primordial

5 posters

Go down

Horus as solar deity and Viperine Primordial Empty Horus as solar deity and Viperine Primordial

Post by Kenjutsu 22.03.09 20:38

Greetings everyone! I've been lurking in this forum for several months already and I've read the Asetian Bible a number of times mainly because every time I reread it, more and more occult information are revealed - it's like the book itself is a living tool, a living metaphysical guide that is not static.

I have this question in my mind that I'm unable to find answers even from the Book of Coming Forth by Day or the Asetian Bible itself: Since Horus is the Viperine Primordial, and as per the Asetian Bible, Asetians' subtle energies are incompatible with the sun, how come Horus is worshipped as the Sun God by the Ancient Egyptians?

I was thinking that being a Primordial makes him exempt from the known weakness to the solar energies, but to be venerated as a solar deity is something that I find very confusing. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Kenjutsu
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Horus as solar deity and Viperine Primordial Empty Re: Horus as solar deity and Viperine Primordial

Post by Maktub 23.03.09 10:40

The answer to that question lies hidden within the Asetian Bible.

Horus was many times represented with a Shen hieroglyph above his Crown, in a way to represent his spiritual enlightenment and his inborn divine connection.
That symbolism was later misinterpreted by Egyptologists, assuming that it was representing the Sun and so portraying Horus as a solar deity, which is not entirely correct. The iconography represents his spiritual status, his accomplishment as a God, not really his connection with the Sun. This was more obvious in his earlier accounts in history, but throughout the Dynastic periods all of the Kemetic deities suffered mutations and transformations because of how the human mind interpreted their earlier myths and hidden symbolism. The important thing when analyzing very old symbolism as the one from Ancient Egypt, mostly when trying to interpret Asetian iconography that is metaphysical in nature, is to never look out for the obvious and try to restrain from using a modern western mind. It takes a great depth of knowledge into the theology, the symbolism, awareness of the myriad of religious syncretism, so we can proper identify and interpret each case.

Maktub
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Horus as solar deity and Viperine Primordial Empty Re: Horus as solar deity and Viperine Primordial

Post by Gilded 23.03.09 23:00

Amazing post, as always, Maktub. Thank you for clearing this doubt up.

Now that the subject is Horus and symbolism... I was always wondering, why is it that the God Horus and the Moon God Khonsu both are so similar in symbolism? They are both falcon-headed Gods, and to unaware eyes you sometimes cannot tell the difference between them.
Gilded
Gilded
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 24.03.09 12:58

Maybe they both are faces of the same deity? Like the syncretism used in the Ancient Egyptian pantheon as the Asetian Bible explains. I have checked and they do have very similar symbolism, also both appear to be very ancient deities... but they have some opposed thing about them, almost as if they would complete each other. What do you think?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 25.03.09 10:38

We know that Aset's first born, when arose as a Pharaoh, entitled himself as Horus. But do we know his Prince name? Do we know his Soul name? No... Wink
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down