Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Syrianeh on 09.07.09 0:22

I will, Aghrab. I will use up the weekend to take it in and come up with my impressions.
avatar
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 706
Location : Spain
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Jonathan on 09.07.09 1:08

Congratulations, Syrianeh! Smile Please share with us all your experiences and views of what you analyse in the book.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2237
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Talibah on 09.07.09 1:11

Same here Syrianeh. I'm looking forward to some really good discussions and thoughts on it. Smile
avatar
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Location : uk
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Syrianeh on 12.07.09 15:04

Well, my first impressions on the Kemet book are many. First there is the feeling of thankfulness for having been allowed to see this trip through the eyes of those who were there, Luis Marques and Tania Fonseca. The spontaneity of the photos add to the feeling. Indeed, it is not a professional book on photography but a diary, a chronicle of what no doubt was a highly emotional and spiritual experience.

I believe Mr. Marques and Ms. Fonseca have taken us to the most secret, best preserved corners of Asetian history. I could see the stories developing along the walls, on the inscriptions in the different Temples and palaces that were visited, on the days and nights on boat along the Nile.

I could also feel their emotion.

I will need more time to go over each photo and get an understanding of all the symbolism within. I feel that there is much more below the surface than what most photos portray.

And lastly, though I might very well be wrong, I would go as far as to say that one of them is in one of the photos. Just barely, as we cannot really see more than half of him.

In all, I have enjoyed the book thoroughly and I will keep on doing so as I discover more of it.

I will welcome any more discussions and imput.
avatar
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 706
Location : Spain
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Jonathan on 12.07.09 18:11

Thank you very much for your input, Syrianeh. I enjoyed the way you expressed your experience so far with this book. I myself am only now venturing this journey and I completely related to what you say about all of the present symbolism and hidden meanings below the surface in most photos. I must dedicate much more time before I can unveil at least a bit of the meanings that are in these photographs. Besides the emotional and spiritual experience that this book reflects, I also would like to add the beauty of each image, the dances of colour and symbols. I'm finding it breathtaking to analyse.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2237
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Victor on 12.07.09 19:27

Even though I am just an outsider, like any of you, when it comes to judging and studying this book, I strongly believe that the Aset Ka would not allow the inclusion of an Asetian in any of the photographs. I believe that maybe a friend, a guide or a security officer would be possible, but an Asetian is very much unlikely. If the photograph points in that direction, then it may have a meaning... like something that we should interpret in that photograph, probably as if the presence of an Asetian was there. I am merely speculating, though.
However, a chance for us to grasp a real living Asetian in a photograph is a gift that I believe the Aset Ka is not willing to offer us.

Also, I did not find the book small at all. It is bigger than the Asetian Bible and fits in the hands. I find it a perfect size for study and most of all, for meditative work, without being too bulky and heavy that would interfere with the meditative process.

Despite the intricate symbolism found in many of the photographs present in this book, that just like Jonathan, I still need more time to properly study and meditate, I would like to comment on a specific one that drew my attention. In the photographs from the structures in Kom Ombo, there is a vertical image (by the side of other two smaller square ones) that presents an image of Thoth (Djehuty) carved in high relief on the walls of a temple. I feel that the time of day, Sun and shadows present in this photograph have a very defined purpose and meaning. Just look at the the image on the walls and the effect of light and shadow with it... it seems like Toth himself is pushing the light forward, into shadow, with his hands and magick. Important to keep in mind that this photograph was taken in Kom Ombo, which is known for being an ancient stronghold of the Red Order of Seth. Therefore the presence of Toth in here could symbolize a specific time in history, where the Sethian powers were forced further to the South and the Asetians took control of their own fortress and temples. Clearly seems like Toth is pushing the light, bringing forth Knowledge and Truth, above the cruelty and anger of their opposers. The image, to me, gives a very distinctive feel of conquer and overpowerment... or even an awakening to Knowledge and the start of a new spiritual stage or era.

Did anyone else noticed this or can feel the same way? I would appreciate other opinions from who is also studying this book.
avatar
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 524
Location : A pool filled with naked horny vampire girls.
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Aghrab on 14.07.09 14:42

Syrianeh wrote:And lastly, though I might very well be wrong, I would go as far as to say that one of them is in one of the photos. Just barely, as we cannot really see more than half of him.

I doubt they would allow such a thing to happen, being themselves such personal and private people. What page are you speaking about?

Aghrab
avatar
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Location : Where there is always Night and Darkness.
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Aghrab on 14.07.09 14:44

Victor wrote:Also, I did not find the book small at all. It is bigger than the Asetian Bible and fits in the hands. I find it a perfect size for study and most of all, for meditative work, without being too bulky and heavy that would interfere with the meditative process.

I agree with this. I believe the book is a prefect size and that the AK realized well that this book will be used for meditative reasons and should not be too large and heavy when held in hands.

Aghrab
avatar
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Location : Where there is always Night and Darkness.
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Syrianeh on 15.07.09 1:08

Aghrab wrote:
I doubt they would allow such a thing to happen, being themselves such personal and private people. What page are you speaking about?

Aghrab

I meant the photo with the camel and the man holding some other guy's cap in his head. This second guy is dressed in dark clothes and smiling at the first man. I'm sorry, I don't have the book with me and in any case the pages are not numbered.

I am probably wrong, though as Victor says it could just be a friend, companion or guide. I just had this feeling that he was part of the group.

And yet, when I first unwrapped the book my first thought was "it's too small!" because I expected a larger format. But after having gone through it I agree that it is just perfect for its purpose.

I will need to find more time and concentration level to take it in fully.
avatar
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 706
Location : Spain
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Victor on 15.07.09 15:08

Syrianeh wrote:
Aghrab wrote:
I doubt they would allow such a thing to happen, being themselves such personal and private people. What page are you speaking about?

Aghrab

I meant the photo with the camel and the man holding some other guy's cap in his head. This second guy is dressed in dark clothes and smiling at the first man. I'm sorry, I don't have the book with me and in any case the pages are not numbered.

I am probably wrong, though as Victor says it could just be a friend, companion or guide. I just had this feeling that he was part of the group.
He seems to be dressed in some sort of dark explorer fashion, but definitely has a strong energy to it. I agree that maybe was part of the group, but not an Asetian. My guess would go to one of their expert guides, someone that would know the terrain well and is very used to wander around in wild Egypt. Also he seems to be quite interacting in a much casual way and talking with the Arab man by his side, who is clearly a local, so that means he would probably know Arabic and get along with the locals.
avatar
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 524
Location : A pool filled with naked horny vampire girls.
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Ankhhape on 15.07.09 18:08

Please stop it. It is not Luis Marques. Trust me.
avatar
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Location : Not here Anymore
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Dreamer on 16.07.09 0:09

I received my Kemet already, I have been drowning with it. So much beauty, it truly is a book to be held and meditated on when you are in your most spiritual state.
And on the “Luis Marques being in the photo”, is impossible... but I have to admit without sounding bad... that I wish it was true. Who wouldn't want to see the beautiful Asetians? Twisted Evil
avatar
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 146
Location : In the Astral...
Registration date : 2009-04-27

http://www.twitter.com/BleedingDreamer

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Syrianeh on 16.07.09 0:20

I never said that was Luis Marques Smile

I just said he seemed to be part of the group.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter that much.
avatar
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 706
Location : Spain
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Jonathan on 16.07.09 11:32

Dreamer wrote:I received my Kemet already, I have been drowning with it. So much beauty, it truly is a book to be held and meditated on when you are in your most spiritual state.
And on the “Luis Marques being in the photo”, is impossible... but I have to admit without sounding bad... that I wish it was true. Who wouldn't want to see the beautiful Asetians? Twisted Evil
Tell us more about your opinions and findings within the book please. Smile
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2237
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Jonathan on 16.07.09 11:38

Victor wrote:Despite the intricate symbolism found in many of the photographs present in this book, that just like Jonathan, I still need more time to properly study and meditate, I would like to comment on a specific one that drew my attention. In the photographs from the structures in Kom Ombo, there is a vertical image (by the side of other two smaller square ones) that presents an image of Thoth (Djehuty) carved in high relief on the walls of a temple. I feel that the time of day, Sun and shadows present in this photograph have a very defined purpose and meaning. Just look at the the image on the walls and the effect of light and shadow with it... it seems like Toth himself is pushing the light forward, into shadow, with his hands and magick. Important to keep in mind that this photograph was taken in Kom Ombo, which is known for being an ancient stronghold of the Red Order of Seth. Therefore the presence of Toth in here could symbolize a specific time in history, where the Sethian powers were forced further to the South and the Asetians took control of their own fortress and temples. Clearly seems like Toth is pushing the light, bringing forth Knowledge and Truth, above the cruelty and anger of their opposers. The image, to me, gives a very distinctive feel of conquer and overpowerment... or even an awakening to Knowledge and the start of a new spiritual stage or era.

Did anyone else noticed this or can feel the same way? I would appreciate other opinions from who is also studying this book.
Amazing detail, Victor. I admit that I did not notice it myself, but now that you point it out and explore the symbolism in that direction, it may make sense. If that is true, it means that Kemet was carefully crafted even in terms of cosmic timing and solar alignment, which would be just incredible. Anyone else has any input on this?
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2237
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Gilded on 16.07.09 22:24

My beloved Kemet only arrived this afternoon. My first impression of it was when I held it and felt so blessed and lucky to be able to be a part of something so beautiful as the path of Asetianism. Also, I believe it is perfect size and weight to be held while meditating on the photos. I've had enough time to only look through a few of the gorgeous photographs. It is simply stunning. Impressive art work.
avatar
Gilded
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 100
Location : On the Golden Sand...
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Insomnia on 19.11.09 15:39

Already have it. Pretty impressive photography. I even see some aura-like things around some temple pillars and walls. Anyone else shares the same experience?

Insomnia
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 12
Location : Lisbon
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Aghrab on 21.11.09 12:24

Insomnia wrote:Already have it. Pretty impressive photography. I even see some aura-like things around some temple pillars and walls. Anyone else shares the same experience?
Certainly. Especially around the few Pyramid photos. It happens to be very strong in their photography.

Aghrab
avatar
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Location : Where there is always Night and Darkness.
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Hioman on 14.12.09 12:53

I'm loving the forum's topics. I must take a look around in it more..=) Bows to Master Marques, to Her Highness Aset and Her BeloveD!
avatar
Hioman
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 36
Location : Brasil
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by Jonathan on 15.12.09 1:16

Hioman wrote:I'm loving the forum's topics. I must take a look around in it more..=) Bows to Master Marques, to Her Highness Aset and Her BeloveD!
Hello Hioman and welcome to the vampire community. Feel free to share with us your views on the other topics and please come by the Off Topic section to introduce yourself. Smile
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2237
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Kemet - The Year of Revelation (Official Preview)

Post by -Amirah- on 03.09.15 14:15

Jonathan wrote:I thought you guys would love it. Very Happy I was pretty stunned by the artwork when I first saw it while I randomly opened the AK page as I do so many times. It was really exciting seeing something new over there and a new project popping up. Especially one dedicated to all of us directly from the Asetians themselves! It's great!

Twisted Evil I'm getting this book for my 31st birthday.
avatar
-Amirah-
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 37
Age : 33
Location : Annapolis
Registration date : 2015-08-30

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/FlashofCloth

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum