Retaining Energy

3 posters

Go down

Retaining Energy Empty Retaining Energy

Post by Veiled One 31.08.18 23:07

I've been experimenting with different practices of manipulating energy. What the limiting factor has been for me recently is not my ability to take or transmute energy, but that I have difficulty retaining any energy that is not my own for any significant period of time (regardless of whether it's from nature, a human, or a spirit). Usually this caps at one or two hours. This is frustrating, to say the least.

Do any of you have suggestions for intentions, practices, or techniques that can help with this? I always try to stay in a place of inner silence where I am emotionally neutral, and spend a lot of time working on my internal energy balance.
Veiled One
Veiled One
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2017-12-15

Back to top Go down

Retaining Energy Empty Re: Retaining Energy

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 01.09.18 6:35

Tricky question. People's energy systems might be different. Say a vampire and a werewolf, those two should be different from each other. But, retention of energy, if you are draining it from nature for instance, why and for what should you retain it? Why not just absorb it? Maybe the issue is that you are trying to retain it however I do not have much experience with trying to retain energy. Feeding should absorb energy, not aim to retain it, really. There is a huge difference. Maybe that is why, because you are trying to retain the energy without absorption it leaks out like excessively and non integrated energy.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 01.09.18 8:25

Energy naturally cycles, our systems give off exhaust, and some who claim the label vampire, express this problem, but vampires, according to Asetianist don't have such an energy deficiency, not naturally anyway.

Don't try to force energy against it's nature. It is fluid, it must flow. Otherwise it may stagnate and cause you more problems.
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2017-06-07

http://reality-of-identity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 01.09.18 8:26

For some, our output is more than exhaust/waste energy.. * I assume this is what you're describing?
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Veiled One 01.09.18 14:40

A.Nightside wrote:For some, our output is more than exhaust/waste energy.. * I assume this is what you're describing?

Can you clarify what you mean by that?

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:why and for what should you retain it? Why not just absorb it?

I'm not sure the precise distinction you draw between these terms. I integrate the other energy within myself, use it for strength, fulfillment, magical potentiation. What I'm describing is that I quickly run out of any reserve of this energy and end up again in a baseline state where I lack immersion in my deepest nature/the ability for my intentions to have any real power. Does this mean that I'm not feeding often enough?
Veiled One
Veiled One
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2017-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 06.09.18 20:21

.. We take in energy, that energy is utilized my our systems, whatever is leftover or unusable is sent off naturally, in a healthy system. I imagine, that for some however, they're systems can't or don't process energy as efficiently and what they put off isn't just waste, but more than that, effectively causing a constant condition of "not enough", I suppose it's a twist on the common "leaky bucket" hypothesis that circulates the Vampire Community circles.

I think everyone is different, and in that way, so are vampires. Our need for energy (and blood as it may apply) is for a variety of potential reasons. In the same way that our physical metabolic system can be effected in different ways for different reasons, why not our energetic metabolism? *shrug* Just my opinion/ideas.
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down