Dangerous?

5 posters

Go down

Dangerous? Empty Dangerous?

Post by Tempesta 23.09.18 16:40

As I've skimmed this forum, I've noticed several mentions to how dangerous Aset Ka is.

Is this dangerous in the sense that any heavy self-exploration work is dangerous? Is it dangerous in the sense that frivolously opening up portals to demons or invoking spirits you are not ready to handle is dangerous? Is there something else entirely at play that makes it dangerous?

I'm interested in reading the book but want to be aware of the risk.

Tempesta
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-09-21

Back to top Go down

Dangerous? Empty Re: Dangerous?

Post by Nightshade 23.09.18 17:12

Both aspects you mentioned would be part of why people consider Asetianism a dangerous path.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekhensahka 23.09.18 19:49

In my experience, just reading books like the Asetian Bible can open your mind and soul to new possibilities that some might not be entirely prepared for. I've experienced many life changes that occurred after completing the book, yet most were positive.
Perhaps all were positive in the long run, though somethings aren't always clear to our conscious selves. A deeper connection with one's higher self would make these things more understandable.
As you gain a true understanding of the unseen world, new experiences will open up to you. Just be prepared for that.

As Nightshade stated, both aspects you mentioned are correct. Both of those aspects and many more would make the literature dangerous, but reading a book and understanding a book are two different things entirely. In a way, if there really is anything one is not ready for at their current level of understanding, it is my belief that one could read the text and not comprehend the meaning enough to do any harm in most cases, but definitely not in all cases.
Practicing something you're not familiar with is always the greatest danger, but the Asetian Bible will guide you along and tell you what to be weary of. That, and your intuition will usually be a good guide depending on the individual.

Powerful occult literature is always full of dangers.
The Picatrix would be a nice example here.
Nekhensahka
Nekhensahka
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempesta 23.09.18 20:44

Thanks everyone.

I'm not familiar with the Picatrix.

To my knowledge, the possibility of coming face to face with too much raw truth and the possibility of summoning forces beyond your control are concerns for anyone looking into the occult, though, aren't they? I'm not sure that's unique to the Asetian Bible, but this site does make it sound as if there's something new/extra/different to the Asetian Bible that isn't there with other book.

Tempesta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 23.09.18 21:15

It's a powerful system of magic, and its intensity can be deeply felt with even a slight amount of energy sensitivity. I can think of a lot of dangers, one of them being complacency. You know, something like "I found this Asetianism, now I know all the answers" or the whole false elitism of dismissing everyone as inferior cattle, very far removed from the real elitism spoken of.
Complacency can lead into stagnation when one blindly accepts stuff because it's cool, because it's shiny and looks very alluring. That can in turn cause problems, like "now I'm powerful, look at me" and so on. An incredibly deep illusion of absolute superiority can be created, quite easily and quickly. This illusion creates the sense of being at the pinnacle of power and evolution, which leads to a lack of motion - stagnation, which is opposed to spiritual growth and leads deceitfully to a lasting death. A lot of people don't seem to see that facet, only being able to absorb the shiny allure of pretentious supremacy.
There are other things that have been observed over time from various individuals and their reactions to Asetianism. Even the so-called "elder voices" of the vampiric communities react quite strongly to Asetianism. Few seem completely indifferent to it. Michelle Belanger campaigned against the Aset Ka in the past, and now maintains that Luis Marques plagiarized all of her material despite her system being worthless and lacking in real magic - one person deemed "powerful" by many others who reacted viscerally to this path. (It's a well-discussed topic so I'll leave it there.) But anyway, it just shows that current always surrounding this path.

Ultimately, I think Asetianism can either cause your understanding and knowledge of self to increase vastly, leading to greater mastery over the subtle (no matter what your soul's nature is, by the way), or it can completely drown you in oblivion. That signature magic it carries has this uncanny ability to magnify the true parts of the soul, while anything not genuine goes up in unquenchable and irreversible flames. Not everyone can survive that death, instead fracturing and becoming greatly damaged under the pressure. And they cannot let go of those counterfeit parts of their being, so they cling to something in decay which causes their own personal decline.
Even some who really want to follow this path don't always last. Asetianism inevitably knocks the initiate down, almost certainly multiple times, as it works its alchemy on the soul. One has to be a warrior... a real warrior, not just someone saying they are one, of course. A delicate balance of courage, strength, tenacity, honor, and love is required to get back up from the dirt again, spit some of it out of your mouth, and resolutely keep going.
There are other hidden dangers, as that is natural to any real occult path, I believe.
I agree with Nekhensahka when she says that your intuition will be a good guide. It really is a huge help to just listen to the inner voice and what it's telling you. And fear shouldn't be a deterrent to the decision of beginning a path, not if the intuition and Self guide you in that direction and indicate you should give it a try. However, only you can decide what that intuition whispers into your ear.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempesta 23.09.18 22:07

I'm not too worried about the explosive ego trap of things. I think a healthy dose of confidence would be good for me, though.

As far as the issue of not letting false things go, I think therapy has been helpful for that so far. My therapist is very cool and doesn't pathologize my occult experiences. I honestly think if I went to her all "I picked up this book and the fabric of my lies is decaying around me," I'd get some support, even if she might not know what to do from an occult standpoint.

That said, I do want to read it for myself as I've seen people get really excited about a work before only to not be so enthused myself.

Should I start with the Violet Thorn, or is starting with the Asetian Bible better?

Tempesta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempesta 23.09.18 22:07

Sorry not Violet Thorn. What is it actually called? I don't remember.

Tempesta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempesta 23.09.18 22:08

Violet Throne!

Tempesta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 24.09.18 4:14

The Violet Throne is a much more complete book, especially as you have some experience with the occult and aren't exactly new to metaphysics. The Asetian Bible is a fine book but it's much more introductory and aimed at the general public. When possible, I highly recommend the Violet Throne above all other Asetian books.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 24.09.18 4:15

Oh and I forgot to mention, it's also a highly magickal grimoire. In that sense, it is indeed truly unique as an occult tome. But I leave that up to you for discovery...
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 24.09.18 12:57

In my opinion the powerful magick of Heka - the power of words - infused into the grimoires of Luis Marques such as the Violet Throne, which is more comprehensive by the way and includes several of previously published works, is methodically crafted with a unique Asetian signature which is known to face the feared mirror of revelation to your very soul where, as mentioned above by Rhea Kaye, may burn away all falsehood, reveal it for what it is. Now that is a powerful form of initiatory magick and nothing to be taken lightly. We all carry inner defects, darkness and bad qualities. One needs the profundity of mastered balance in mind and psyche, relentless honesty and a matured sense of responsibility in dealing with the forces it unleashes as well as inner strength, control of Self and courage. Asetianism is also a path of discipline for the soul, and as Luis Marques often likens it, an internal martial arts. Hope this helps.

Em Hotep.

PS: Oh, did you also read the Aset Ka website?
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempesta 27.09.18 19:32

I did look at the Aset Ka website.

Basically what I get from that is a lot of stuff that sort of talks about how great yet challenging and selective the book and path overall are. It doesn't say anything that really influences me in one direction or the other.

Tempesta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 27.09.18 19:41

Ah, well, the best advice I would give you then is whether you want to look into it or not. But you can read previews of the books, the introductory chapters or so, from their website.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down