[Article] We Need To Talk

4 posters

Go down

[Article] We Need To Talk Empty [Article] We Need To Talk

Post by Ramla-Meryt 30.12.18 8:43

The process of spiritual self-discovery is an incredibly intimate, long and surprisingly complex one.

I used to dismiss the idea that occult work is sometimes actually about transforming the practitioner more than the outside world, but now… now, that seems more valuable than gold.

I also used to believe and practice almost everything I found out there…Wrong… You will never find magic, it finds you. You could read a book million times and never find a piece of wisdom but one day could drop the book on a random page and it will reveal itself. Nobody is going to show you how to use powers you’re demonstrably not ready for. When the student is ready the master shall arrive.

There are no shortcuts on the path of magic. Either you understand what is going on or just give up.

Everything is cause and effect, everything happens because every variable possible aligned and made it happen, everything in your life is there because you allow it to be there. This is Magick. YOU.

Keep this in mind, experience is the only reality you will ever know. If someone is telling you they are going to teach you the one real and true way to practice magic, tell them you can think of a good place for them to stick their ceremonial dagger.

Also, keep in mind; this isn’t Dungeons & Dragons either. You will never be a world-shattering Magician. You will never throw a fireball. You have no ability to hurt reality or much else for that matter. So feel free to experiment and have fun. You can’t do much damage beyond yourself. You can be burned by your own fire. Literally and metaphorically.

But do not stop learning. Knowledge is power, and more importantly, the ability to not be annihilated.

There are a zillion resources on magic that will tell you all sorts of things you “must” do or “should” do or even “would do if you were good.” These are written primarily for their authors to believe it as much as anyone because that works for them, but if it doesn’t work for you. Find out what works for you. Magic can really only be proved by doing, unfortunately.

A lot of the time, people who get into the occult end up with an over-inflated ego, believing themselves to be superior to those around them while becoming ever more dependent on the occult in their lives. The ego is good at hiding itself, and arrogance becomes a way of life. In my own experience, increased arrogance is the biggest effect that the occult has on people, even those who think they keep it in check.

This is because the more you know about the occult, the more powerful you feel. The more powerful you feel/think you are, the more arrogant you can become. In a way, it’s like a drug; Not for everyone of course, but for many.

The occults biggest weakness is that many use it to allow the justification of delusions. I’ve met too many Occultist who thinks they’re super powerful, able to get whatever they want with no effort, or think they’re problems aren’t real because they’re masters of their own will.

Whats that the fucking point of the occult? Is to change your self into a better person. To self reflect and correct the character flaws that one may have. It’s not about being superior over others. It’s about working on yourself.

Magick isn’t a fix your problems with a blink of an eye. It requires action on your part. And here lies the problem. Many people approach it as an escape. And that doesn’t do anyone good. Or worst, they use it to justify their failed strategies, non-flexibility, and shoddy behavior. Ignore them…….

Do the work. Meditate daily. Write something down every day, it almost doesn’t matter what. Watch your dreams closely. Changes really happen and growth really occurs, your path will find you when your feet are moving. There is absolutely no substitute for effort, sorry. I wish it were easier, but it couldn’t possibly be.

Go deeper.

Experience more.

Do the work.

Do thy Will.

(link)

I have bolded parts that I thought to be of particular relevance or personal 'yes, this' responses. Disclaimer: I did not write the article.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

[Article] We Need To Talk Empty Re: [Article] We Need To Talk

Post by Nightshade 30.12.18 9:14

Thanks for sharing this, I enjoyed reading it.

Do you know who wrote it?
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 30.12.18 9:26

Nightshade wrote:Thanks for sharing this, I enjoyed reading it.

Do you know who wrote it?

Not personally but here is a link to other articles that they have written via that blog: link.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 30.12.18 10:29

It's a great article. I especially like that bolded part regarding books.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 30.12.18 10:35

Also it highlights an extremely important point: a journey into the occult is about self-discovery and changing yourself, mastering yourself. Turning it inward rather than outward is valuable and more productive.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 30.12.18 11:43

If wisdom is to instruct ignorance, it must be capable of appreciating the state of ignorance as truly as the state of knowledge. If the mind has raised itself above the consciousness of ignorance, it will never be able to impart wisdom to the ignorant. To instruct the minds of others it is necessary to approach them along the lines of the familiar; they must be reached on a thought level commensurate with their own, otherwise, they cannot grasp the problems presented.

Excerpt from Lectures On Ancient Philosophy, page 54

Manly Palmer Hall
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 30.12.18 11:48

Maxx wrote:If wisdom is to instruct ignorance, it must be capable of appreciating the state of ignorance as truly as the state of knowledge. If the mind has raised itself above the consciousness of ignorance, it will never be able to impart wisdom to the ignorant. To instruct the minds of others it is necessary to approach them along the lines of the familiar; they must be reached on a thought level commensurate with their own, otherwise, they cannot grasp the problems presented.

Excerpt from Lectures On Ancient Philosophy, page 54

Manly Palmer Hall

I have made a note of the book for future intended reading Smile
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content