Syrianeh
Talibah
Daniel09
Ankhhape
Gilded
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

She Claims to Have the Dark Mark? - Page 2 Empty Re: She Claims to Have the Dark Mark?

Post by ToBeSilent 12.05.09 2:29

Daniel09 wrote:I find that coincidences happen much less often than meaningful occurrences. The scarab probably was symbolical of your future interest in Concubines. It may even be similar to how I have had a glass-encased scorpion on my key-chain for years, and I happen to feel closely connected with Guardians. (:

I agree with you here Daniel. I have never believed in coincidences, everything brought forward in life has been done so for a reason.
ToBeSilent
ToBeSilent
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

She Claims to Have the Dark Mark? - Page 2 Empty Re: She Claims to Have the Dark Mark?

Post by Ankhhape 13.05.09 13:07

" . . . the use of the symbol (Ankh) as adornment and jewelry in different subcultures, especially occult communities, even by people without any profound relation with the symbol, its culture and past. This situation is something that is generally very criticized by followers of the Asetian tradition, who consider this vulgarization of the sacred ankh a lack of respect, meaning, and above all, a great lack of personality. . . "

- Asetian Bible Pt.I Ch:3 P.67
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsC_U_N_T 22.05.09 14:01

some people jsut don't think when they get shit tattooed on there bodys. thats a fine example of stupididy in my eyes
devilsC_U_N_T
devilsC_U_N_T
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 23.05.09 9:53

devilsC_U_N_T wrote:some people jsut don't think when they get shit tattooed on there bodys. thats a fine example of stupididy in my eyes

Are you referring to the Dark Mark as shit?

And yes, it is quite sickening when people get occult and meaningful tattoos on their skin but never know the meaning behind it, never even cherish the symbol itself enough. Quite a disgusting move from that being, I must say. It is good how she will walk around with a mark of disrespect, ignorance and, shame on her skin, forever. Though, she deserves worse...

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 23.05.09 23:34

[quote="Aghrab"][quote="devilsC_U_N_T"]It is good how she will walk around with a mark of disrespect, ignorance and, shame on her skin, forever. Though, she deserves worse.../quote]

I Agree She deserves so much worse.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-04-27

http://www.twitter.com/BleedingDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerreiv 10.11.13 8:18

I do not understand why this discussion.

Most people make up their tattos of what they like or who they like, most of the time is a sign of respect and admiration, not forgetting that there are clans that has their own tatoos.

Of course there are always idiots who think that having these same tattos in body they are part of this clan. Idiots are unimportant.

Now, you go here to discuss the sex of angels because of something ridiculous .... Be jealous? Have not, just do a tatto .... kkk (just kidding) ...

I doubt that anyone who belongs to the clan Aset worry about it, they do not need a tattoo to be what they are.
Guerreiv
Guerreiv
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Filia Noctis 11.11.13 8:37

Guerreiv wrote:I do not understand why this discussion.

Most people make up their tattos of what they like or who they like, most of the time is a sign of respect and admiration
I actually agree with this. Christians don't mind if people tattoo a cross on their body, wiccans don't say it's disrespectful if someone has a tattoo of a pentagram although they may laugh if the person doesn't understand the meaning of it and then again wicca is a (newage) belief rather than a religion, so this may not be the best example.
The only thing that, in my opinion, makes the fact that this person has a tattoo of the dark mark offensive is what she says about it:
...Aset Ka is becoming one of the more known vampiric "religions" and I figured what better way to buy my acceptance and hold it firmly...
In the end it there are only two possible outcomes;
1. She has actually taken some time to learn about Asetianism and its beliefs and she will either be happy with her tattoo or -the more likely possibility- realize how ignorant she used to be, or
2. she changed her mind about her beliefs and will either be reminded of her stupidity and ignorance for the rest of her life, or she will have to go through a rather expensive and painfull process to get rid of the tattoo.
Either way she'll have learned a (rather painful?) lesson, so is there really a problem?

Another thing I'd like to say before I will mind something else is that I think things that shouldn't be used by people outside a certain group shouldn't be made public outside this group, because some people will misuse it.
Filia Noctis
Filia Noctis
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 11.11.13 11:24

I understand what you mean although the examples you provided aren't really comparable. The Dark Mark is a magickal sigil which makes it a symbol of power. Not just a mental thing it's almost an entity. Quite different from the Christian cross or the pentagram that was just adopted by Wiccans recently since it's not even theirs to begin with. The comparable thing would be the standard Egyptian Ankh, which already too many people misuse anyways.

Now I do agree when you say that the only way for symbols or whatever not to be used is for groups to keep them private and not allow public access. On the other hand if they didn't make the sigil public it would not be accessible to the countless Asetianists all over the world who benefit from its energy and respect it dearly. I guess the misuse by ignorants is a price to pay so that we can have it.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 11.11.13 15:18

It is silly! But, man has the right to do as he will.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 11.11.13 22:30

Truth be told none of these tattoos people make on their own are Dark Marks. The Dark Mark may have a tattoo component but it's much more than that. What makes it a Dark Mark is the metaphysics behind it and that tattoo is done on the soul. It really doesn't matter if these people are tattooing the real sigil of the Dark Mark, a real Ankh or even a fake new-age Ankh as some girls did a few years ago thinking they were doing a Dark Mark and be seen as Asetians. None has the energy and magick of the Asetian Dark Mark. They are meaningless.

I understand why some see it as disrespectful but that is the kind of thing that always turns against the practitioner. Fundamentals of high magick. Mess with the wrong sigil or energy and you will get screwed. Same applies to the Asetian mark and many have tasted its poison. There are consequences. Everyone is free to try it out for themselves.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 12.11.13 14:09

Good post, Victor.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerreiv 14.11.13 22:42

still do not understand something, I ask one of you explain to me this,
I, for example, use one Ank hanging around my neck, since long before I was aware of the existence of Aset, I knew it was an Egyptian symbol, symbol of eternal life, the key of knowledge, now, I do not believe this symbol gives me some kind of protection or knowledge or that make me a member Aset, no, never. But for you I'm disrespecting Aset, is that what you think??
Guerreiv
Guerreiv
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.11.13 1:01

Guerreiv wrote: still do not understand something, I ask one of you explain to me this,
I, for example, use one Ank hanging around my neck, since long before I was aware of the existence of Aset, I knew it was an Egyptian symbol, symbol of eternal life, the key of knowledge, now, I do not believe this symbol gives me some kind of protection or knowledge or that make me a member Aset, no, never. But for you I'm disrespecting Aset, is that what you think??
No that's perfectly fine. We were talking about people who use the actual sigil of the Dark Mark, not just the Ankh. Even if someone uses the real Asetian sigil on a necklace or something, as long as they are honest Asetianists honoring the path of the Aset Ka I can't see anything wrong about it. Now if people tattoo it to pretend they are Asetians and deceive others or just out of fashion without respect for the Aset Ka then that's where the problem begins. At least for me.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerreiv 15.11.13 22:07

To be honest, I'm considering making the Ank tattoo, I do not see where this it is disrespectful ... I think what it is wrong is to use the symbol for the wrong reasons. But that is my opinion.
Guerreiv
Guerreiv
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 16.11.13 0:55

Guerreiv,
You do understand that there is the "ankh symbol" (that most common men and women are aware of,) and then there is the "Asetian dark mark" which are not the same thing? Oo

N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerreiv 16.11.13 9:33

yes, I know.
Guerreiv
Guerreiv
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2