The meaning of my nickname

3 posters

Go down

The meaning of my nickname Empty The meaning of my nickname

Post by Syrianeh 25.05.09 2:45

I didn't know where to put this question, so it goes in off-topic.

Just recently, someone from Lebanon told me that my nickname, Syrianeh, is actually an Arabic word that means some sort of old Christian religion. He was not fully able to explain what it measn, only that it is some pre-Catholic tradition of Christianity and that it is followed by a great number of people in the Middle East.

Previously, someone had written to me saying that the Syrianeh were a race of "Arabic vampire hunters"!!! Of course, I hadn't paid any attention to that.

Now, when I thought up a name I wasn't looking for specific meaning, just something with a sound and intonation I liked. The name just popped into my mind and I liked it.

I don't know to what extent what these people are claiming is true, but it certainly does not really match my personal path. Can someone enlighten me? I can't seem to find information anywhere that would confirm all that.

Thanks.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

The meaning of my nickname Empty Re: The meaning of my nickname

Post by Vertigo 31.05.09 4:44

I believe your first friend meant the Syrians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian/Chaldean/Syriac_people
Vertigo
Vertigo
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 31.05.09 5:01

Thanks, Laiko. I had already considered that, and I did ask him. He says he is unsure whether it has anything to do with Syria, but I believe "Syrianeh" might just be an Arab word that somehow is related to Syrian christianity. Who knows.

Anyway, it is just strange how you might think up a name in your head thinking it means nothing and suddenly all sorts of meanings appear.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertigo 31.05.09 5:04

Syrianeh wrote:Thanks, Laiko. I had already considered that, and I did ask him. He says he is unsure whether it has anything to do with Syria, but I believe "Syrianeh" might just be an Arab word that somehow is related to Syrian christianity. Who knows.

Anyway, it is just strange how you might think up a name in your head thinking it means nothing and suddenly all sorts of meanings appear.

Tell me about it...

I just made research on my name and found out that that the last part of my nickname is also the name of a cartoon character...
Vertigo
Vertigo
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 31.05.09 15:07

Well you have a cartoon avatar, so it is somehow coherent after all Smile
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 31.05.09 21:41

The name I created doesn't seem to have any meaning, but another did. It was Epherum or Exepherum. Found out it's a lot like some really religious name or something of that sort. The name I made a long time ago that doesn't seem to have a meaning is Varemia or Varemian.

I dunno how important any of it is, but it's always interesting when something that sounds good to someone was thought up long ago as a description of something significant. Reminds me of vibrational harmonics and their effects on the universe at large.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 01.06.09 0:44

True, Daniel. It could also have to do with some reverberation of memory... the implications are very large.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down