Meditation Causing Colors

4 posters

Go down

Meditation Causing Colors Empty Meditation Causing Colors

Post by Daniel09 27.05.09 23:28

I don't think this is metaphysical, magickal, religious, or spiritual, but because it started as a result of meditating, I'll ask my question here.

Has anyone you've known suddenly started seeing vivid colors, like actually seeing them, when they've been meditating? If yes or no, what the heck could it mean?

See, a couple years back I began to meditate because my friend said it was good for me, and I was interested in martial arts, a site about which was saying meditation is a great tool for focusing and gathering energy. I meditate simply by sitting down and ceasing my thoughts, focusing on emptiness and purity. It's nice to do. Anyway, I was doing this for about a week or two, and I had started using a variation of a hand sign from the TV show Naruto, while on the bus. Completely zoned out in my meditative state, and totally ignoring the people talking about me (they've forgotten by now, which shows how important it was to them *sarcasm*), when green clouded across my vision. It kinda freaked me out. I mean, my eyes were closed, there were no strange lights, and even then it's usually orange or yellow. I did not want to lose it though, though I went straight back to meditating and was happy to see the color blue as well, just clouding through. It would pulse from green to blue over and over. For the first few days, I could only see it when meditating, but after that, I began to see them whenever I closed my eyes.

Since I stopped meditating, I don't see them as often, but they are still vivid as ever, and sometimes when I'm staring at one place for a while, they can even manifest while my eyes are open. It's like a strange mist of color across my eye, and I have no clue what it really means.

I've theorized that it may be a form of synesthesia, invoked by emotions of calmness or strong thoughts rather than an audial stimulation or by touch.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Meditation Causing Colors Empty Re: Meditation Causing Colors

Post by Daniel09 27.05.09 23:30

when I say "though, though" it's meant to say "though, so"
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsC_U_N_T 28.05.09 21:13

i've been haveing the same thing happen but i also get visions into the future which always come true. when i medatate i get connceted with my thooghts. for soem reason i also get dreams about medatation then it always follows to something that will happen in the future.

try going to ur inner thoughts and picture it as clearly as u can
devilsC_U_N_T
devilsC_U_N_T
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsC_U_N_T 28.05.09 21:22

what i think ur doing is chakra medatation. iot would explain the colors
devilsC_U_N_T
devilsC_U_N_T
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 28.05.09 21:42

But it doesn't explain why I see them without meditating. It's more like a synesthetic reaction. As for connecting with my thoughts and seeing the future, I have an almost purely visual mind. Just by thinking about it, I can imagine an extremely detailed scene of anything, and it will have dolby digital surround sound, HD quality, and very cool stuff in general. My thoughts are not prophetic because I can use them to think of anything that can happen. It helps sometimes when I want to make art or write a good piece of literature. I just start the story in my head and let my imagination do the rest.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsC_U_N_T 29.05.09 22:04

well it could be just synesthetic reaction like u said. but i really can;t tell u much about it. there could be a million reasons ur having colors come when u close ur eyes
devilsC_U_N_T
devilsC_U_N_T
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 07.06.09 1:19

Interesting. I've just started meditation practices but I do it differently. When you open your eyes and see these colors, do they look different if you look directly at a person? Do the colors react at all to people in your vision or thoughts you may be thinking? Or do they just simply pass through your vision regardless of who you are looking at or what you are thinking?
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 07.06.09 5:17

They just pass through regardless. It's more like a veil than anything else.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Thjoce 07.06.09 21:02

I can also see colors...i've seen them since i was a kid and i don't know why...i see them most when i try to sleep...
Thjoce
Thjoce
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 08.06.09 4:26

It is comforting to know I'm not totally alone in my unnatural sights. I've found just one other person who can see them, and I haven't seen him in some time.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 14.06.09 6:52

Well don't know much to say about this then... I've only seen this a couple of times myself, probably more but it seems quite natural so i may have begun to ignore it.
In a psychic sense, perhaps you may be seeing flashes of your own aura. Other than that, they seem like a visual phenomena. The few times i've acknowledged experienceing this, nothing i did could make the colors react in any form.

Im stumped.
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 14.06.09 13:49

I can't really make them react, but I can make them appear with more intensity, ie brighter or deeper rather than grayer and hard to see. I just, I dunno, focus like I would with meditation. I tighten the muscles around the solar plexus and focus on the colors, and they become more vivid. Again, I have no idea why the are there or what they do, if anything at all.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 16.06.09 3:44

Well...I guess since you can control intensity it is most likely flashes of your aura you are seeing. Or perhaps these are the colors of 'your' meditation. Whatever it is, i'd say its a good sign of your progression with whatever it is you work on after or during meditation.
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 16.06.09 4:07

Haha, I don't do anything after or during meditation. It's just me learning to focus on nothing, and when I think about it, it does come in handy when I need to remain calm in a difficult situation, though I do find it far more refreshing to do something loud and obnoxious when people at school annoy me (especially my dingbat yearbook teacher). I find it funny how I can get away with just about anything. Dunno if I'm just a smooth talker or what, I just... heh, you know, I really have never thought about this. I always get my way with people. (inner thought) I wonder why?
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down