Astrology and Occultist

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Astrology and Occultist

Post by empress2k on 03.07.09 13:50

I have being a student of Astrology for many many years and have always struggled with finding much information on how the stars play out in the chart of Metaphysically gifted individuals. Last night I had a conversation with a professional astrologer who happened to be a transmedium as well. We both agreed that there is no unified source of such information available. So one has to collect bit and pieces here and there. So I would love to see where you guys are on it and what your experience with astrology has been, if any.
avatar
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Age : 49
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Jonathan on 03.07.09 17:14

Personally I am not that much interested in Astrology, especially when it comes to signs and chart readings... I really don't believe the star alignments can define the dynamics of what we are.
I think there was already an open topic on Astrology somewhere in this forum, not sure if you read it already?
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2316
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Daniel09 on 04.07.09 1:31

From my experience, Neptune is the planet whose aspects define a person's metaphysical abilities. It is not, however, definitive. Other things can affect it. Myself, I am highly gifted with intuition according to my father's readings of my chart, but I am not readily aware of a lot of it, attributing it to other things. This is represent by my grand earth trines, I think. They also make me extremely creative and such.

Sorry I'm not a very strong source of information. My father is the expert on this subject.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Ankhhape on 04.07.09 7:31

There are only three systems of 'Astrology' I have ever considered worthwhile and sirius (pun intended), they are the Decanic system of ancient Egypt, the Ghayat al Hikam and the Yatukan system found in the Zend-Avesta.
avatar
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Location : Not here Anymore
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by empress2k on 04.07.09 13:01

Daniel09 wrote:From my experience, Neptune is the planet whose aspects define a person's metaphysical abilities.

My father is the expert on this subject.

You are right about Neptune. There is such an ancient notion in astrology as Oriental (Guiding) Planet. "The Oriental planet is the planet rising just before the sun in your chart. Find your sun in your natal chart and move clockwise to the first planet. That is your Oriental planet. The oriental planet represents the spiritual foundation of this particular life. It is what you must graduate from and go beyond. Areas associated with your Oriental planet have to be completed. There are certain minimal requirements that your Oriental planet demands of you."

My Oriental planet is Neptune - hence my metaphysical abilities. However, it is not the only one placement that shows that in my chart.

Also something else I recently read about Vampirism and Astrology. Someone has done some limited study with Vampires of various kind and discovered that they all have strong aspects with black holes. So I checked my chart in relationship to black holes and discovered that besides many aspects with various black holes. My Sun conjuncts a black hole. That I think plays a role in why I am so sensitive to Solar energy and why it impacts me in such a negative way.
avatar
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Age : 49
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Daniel09 on 04.07.09 13:10

I can't understand the circle charts. I'm used to the astrological setup my dad uses. By your information, my oriental planet is Mercury, meaning that my ability to communicate is enhanced, allowing me to say the right things at the right time to get what I want. That's purely speculative though, I don't really know what it means.

How are you aware of black hole placement?
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Jonathan on 04.07.09 16:48

empress2k, how can you chart black holes in astrology analysis when most black holes are not properly identified yet and the ones that are, rely on very advanced mathematics to be properly outlined? I did not get it.
Besides the working scale is so astronomically different than the mapping chart for planets that I honestly can't see it being possible to parallel those conjectures with the values and locations of black holes. Not to mention that planets have their cyclical movements within the Solar system and black holes have internal spinning, obeying radically different physical rules, which would not give them the regular cyclic movements used in astrological analysis.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2316
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by empress2k on 04.07.09 18:01

Daniel09 wrote:I can't understand the circle charts. I'm used to the astrological setup my dad uses. By your information, my oriental planet is Mercury, meaning that my ability to communicate is enhanced, allowing me to say the right things at the right time to get what I want. That's purely speculative though, I don't really know what it means.

Read this...Smile It sounds so much like you...lol

http://www.khaldea.com/planets/oriental_mercury.shtml


Daniel09 wrote:How are you aware of black hole placement?

You can purchase a report on line which is pretty detailed. Or you can get your chart on www.astro.com They use very advance programs and astrologers around the world use this site. But you kind of have to know how to do it. Ask your dad, he can help you. The report is quite worthwile though. If intereste, I can look up the link of the site where I got mine. Also here's another worthy link: http://www.kathleengoodyear.com/articles/Astrological_Aspects_of_Black_Holes.pdf
avatar
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Age : 49
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by empress2k on 04.07.09 18:05

Jonathan wrote:empress2k, how can you chart black holes in astrology analysis when most black holes are not properly identified yet and the ones that are, rely on very advanced mathematics to be properly outlined? I did not get it.
Besides the working scale is so astronomically different than the mapping chart for planets that I honestly can't see it being possible to parallel those conjectures with the values and locations of black holes. Not to mention that planets have their cyclical movements within the Solar system and black holes have internal spinning, obeying radically different physical rules, which would not give them the regular cyclic movements used in astrological analysis.

I have been using www.astro.com to creat various charts for many years. Also there are reports available. More and more astrologers are now paying attention to the "dead stars", aka black holes and their effect on us..Smile This particular charts are called Galactic Profiles and include black holes, asteroids, etc.
avatar
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Age : 49
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Daniel09 on 04.07.09 18:16

Thanks for the info, it's very informative. My Mercury is merely one degree behind my Sun, so I represent the description quite well. I have inherited grand mental facilities from my parents, so I can put it to good use, like in school I'm constantly being put in overly advanced classes because I'm bored and want to challenge myself.

Honestly, since I've gotten the book, my interest in Asetians has dwindled. I simply see no more mystery in it, analyzed it from so many angles that it's very unlikely I've missed anything. I'm a problem solver, and the Asetian mystery proved to be a problem I wished to solve, just as Ancient Egypt has been a fascination because I want to solve it. I don't actually have any true interests. Just ways to pass the time and enjoy myself. I constantly digress from topic subjects however. Astrology is endlessly entertaining to me, because it's so complicated and abstract that I can pore over it for years and not have all the answers.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Victor on 04.07.09 19:32

Daniel09 wrote:Honestly, since I've gotten the book, my interest in Asetians has dwindled. I simply see no more mystery in it, analyzed it from so many angles that it's very unlikely I've missed anything. I'm a problem solver, and the Asetian mystery proved to be a problem I wished to solve, just as Ancient Egypt has been a fascination because I want to solve it. I don't actually have any true interests. Just ways to pass the time and enjoy myself. I constantly digress from topic subjects however. Astrology is endlessly entertaining to me, because it's so complicated and abstract that I can pore over it for years and not have all the answers.

That does not sound much like a problem solver to me.

You say you wanted to solve the mystery of the Asetians, and yet you buy a book and after a few weeks you say you lost interest because it's very unlikely that you have missed something? That sounds like a very ignorant statement to make, and only proves that you not only missed something, as probably missed the whole point. You are talking about a subject that Occult scholars study for decades and still find pieces of the puzzle missing, a mystery, as you call it, that has people like Maktub working on the field in Egypt for years, studying all the hidden evidence, going intimate with several occult societies, just to find more and more evidence, more knowledge, an added piece to the overall puzzle... and you, without any background and proper knowledge of metaphysics, the occult, history and symbolism say that in 2 weeks you lost interest because there is no more mystery to it? Because you analyzed it from so many angles that it's unlikely you've missed anything? A book like the AB that even the most experienced occultists are still working on all the angles, interpretations and puzzling codes? That is an insult to many of the people that actually spend their lives learning and dedicate them to find true answers to the mysteries out there, instead of staying home making some random drawings on a piece of paper and pretending to find delusional solutions.

If you want to be a problem solver you still have much to learn and to grow. Or then maybe try to look for other type of mysteries, that you may actually have the skills to solve.

I am sorry to say it, but it is in situations like this that your age comes to surface and when you should strive to find some more maturity.

I have stayed shut for a several threads around this forum lately, because I do not intend to create any problems, but I believe there is a time where someone must take a little more proactive stance for the sake and future of this community. I know I am being harsh, but don't take my post as a personal attack. Take it as a way to learn. If you can do that, you will have conquered something already...
avatar
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 527
Location : A pool filled with naked horny vampire girls.
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by empress2k on 04.07.09 19:49

Victor,

While I do understand where you are coming from, you also need to remember that just because someone has spent years studying a subject and penetrating various societies does not make their awareness necessarily more evolved then someone who just entered the world of occult in this lifetime and is very young, yet spent hundreds of lifetimes serving as a priest, alchemist, magician, etc. I for one often read something and realize that all I need is just to pick up few pieces to recollect what I already know. The true knowledge is not in the books, it is within us, our goal is to develop connection to the Higher Consciousness and then it will always be availalbe. We have seen many examples of this simple fact in the history of sciences where a beginning student would show brilliance way beyond his/her professors and discover things that were unimaginable before.
avatar
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Age : 49
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Victor on 04.07.09 19:52

Those cases are possible, Milena, but that does not invalidate all of my point in the former post.
avatar
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 527
Location : A pool filled with naked horny vampire girls.
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Daniel09 on 04.07.09 19:59

Yeah, yeah, you make it sound like I'm an ignorant fool. All I'm saying is that it doesn't dominate my time now, and I have examined parts of it very thoroughly to an extent that satisfies me enough to allow myself to put it into the background of my mind. I have not stopped thinking about it, and I know for certain that there are many things I will never know, but it's because of that knowledge of unknowing that I choose not to consider it a high priority at this time. I am in a position in which I must focus on events that will impact me for the rest of my current existence. Asetianism is simply not important enough. I must focus on schooling, driving, jobs, social standing, mental development, moralities, and more at the moment. I can only multitask so far before I start forcing myself to lose interest in subjects which fascinate me. There's a time to be frivolous about a subject I cannot grasp for lack of experience and connection, and a time to be responsible about things that I can readily effect in my life. I am not a silly 2 year old teenager bent on making himself feel important and shouting "woe is me" to the far corners of the Earth.

Sorry I got a little upset Victor. I mean no disrespect, I just have a hard time conveying what I really mean when I put in little tidbits on this adult forum. Many times I act without thinking of what others will perceive of my actions. I simply try to do the best with what I am given, and as a human, I make many mistakes.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by empress2k on 04.07.09 20:01

I completely understand your point. Also lets acknowledge that often times we could be passing by information that would pick our interest for a while and then we just move on because it no longer nourishes our Spirit. Such is I think the case with Daniel. The only thing I would attribute to his age is how he phrased his experience. I sense that it did not come off the way he intended...Smile
avatar
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Age : 49
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by empress2k on 04.07.09 20:05

Daniel09 wrote:.....I just have a hard time conveying what I really mean when I put in little tidbits on this adult forum. Many times I act without thinking of what others will perceive of my actions. I simply try to do the best with what I am given, and as a human, I make many mistakes.

That's what I meant when I said that there was misunderstanding..Smile Funny thing you posted your response the same time I did mine and mine got kicked out ... so I had to go back and repost it again. This is a good opportunity for you to learn how to communicate effectively with your readers inmind.
avatar
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Age : 49
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Daniel09 on 04.07.09 20:09

I find it troublesome to have to worry about offending people. I'd think evolved beings would be able to exist without being offended by a child's opinions of things, correctly represented or not.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by empress2k on 04.07.09 20:17

You are not surrounded by evolved beings at this point..Smile But most importantly knowing how to correctly communicate your thoughts leads to better understanding and insuring nothing you say is distored.
avatar
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Age : 49
Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Victor on 04.07.09 20:23

Daniel09 wrote:I find it troublesome to have to worry about offending people. I'd think evolved beings would be able to exist without being offended by a child's opinions of things, correctly represented or not.
It is not a matter if you insulted anyone or not. The example that I mentioned, Maktub, did not even comment on your post, and probably will never bother to do so. The issue in here is precisely on what you just said, a child's opinion of things. This community has reached so far precisely because of being different from so many others, and trying to avoid that type of mentality. Besides, in here there is no such thing as a child's opinion, we treat everyone the same, so for a child to strive in a grown ups world, he must learn on how to be mature as well. Otherwise he can't complain of being treated as a child. My comments and remarks were precisely to enhance that growth, so we would not have to treat anyone as a child, and continuing to treat all users as adults, independently of their age.
People sometimes should think before they talk (or type). Learning how to proper express in public is something of central importance to anyone in this world, where communication is vital. Maybe then you will understand how when you say "correctly represented or not" actually doesn't make much sense... and how important it is to properly represent what we mean and think.
avatar
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 527
Location : A pool filled with naked horny vampire girls.
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Daniel09 on 04.07.09 20:42

As it is so, I shall do one last childish thing, in full knowledge of it's non-maturity. I shall respectfully cease activity in this forum, until such a time that I am mature enough that I have the ability to convey what I think in a way that adults will not misinterpret or consider childish, regardless of how I am viewed by my superiors. Respect for wiser, more experienced individuals is key in development, so I'll refrain from doing anything to disrespect them.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Ankhhape on 04.07.09 20:48

Yawns . . .
avatar
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Location : Not here Anymore
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Victor on 04.07.09 20:50

The very irony of your tone in this reply is deeply immature.
But as always, some people can never take some criticism to actually grow, but have to take it arrogantly or ironically.

I am no one's superior, but it is attitudes like this that express the typical attitude of the mundane society in a reflection of the lack of evolution.

To be honest, I thought you would had the skills and wisdom to take more than this out of my remarks. I was undoubtedly mistaken...
avatar
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 527
Location : A pool filled with naked horny vampire girls.
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Helliana on 04.07.09 21:15

I will not say much here but I will say that I did expect a little more maturity from you, Daniel. While I do see where you're coming from with having trouble expressing yourself, there really is no call for the way you handled the responses.
Maybe you do need to take a break from here to think and get things lined out. If you do leave, take care and I wish you luck, and hope that you return in the future.
avatar
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 156
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Texas
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Helliana on 04.07.09 21:22

Actually I forgot to ask, Milena what did you mean by 'You are not surrounded by evolved beings at this point' ?
avatar
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 156
Age : 26
Location : Somewhere in Texas
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Jonathan on 04.07.09 21:29

This reaction was certainly unexpected, Daniel. From most of your posts and attitudes around here, I never thought you would have this type of reaction in this forum. Certainly a primer.
Maybe you do need a time off to clear your mind and grow up a little. I am sure that someday you will look back and see it differently, what Victor said, and understand what he meant.

Now, I was wondering the same as Helliana. What did you mean by that, Milena?
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2316
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Astrology and Occultist

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum