Syrianeh
Aghrab
Kotaro
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shielding Yourself - Page 2 Empty Re: Shielding Yourself

Post by ElizabethBathory 27.12.09 17:23

I've never really thought about it either. It just happened when I was practicing.

When I was reading through the Asetian Bible, there was a passage on how vampires do this, and it was a nice reassurance that it's not something I came up with out of nowhere, but something I remembered doing.

I'm sure that's just the basics. Like I didn't even think of something like a body-contouring shield. That's far more clever, and practical.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 27.12.09 17:48

Vertigo, please keep in mind that servitors are not artificial souls. In fact, they have no soul at all and are not even living beings. They are a concentration of energy based on intent and Will, similar to constructs, although fairly more complex.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3026
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertigo 27.12.09 18:04

Jonathan wrote:Vertigo, please keep in mind that servitors are not artificial souls. In fact, they have no soul at all and are not even living beings. They are a concentration of energy based on intent and Will, similar to constructs, although fairly more complex.

Sorry, just that iam a bit sensitive about things like that.

Its just that iam an artist who have created a whole (fictional, of course) universe and many characters, worlds and creatures to it.

For me, everything have a soul, even the wood I work in for my amulets and swords and even the knife I carve with.

I believe that the more love you put into your work the better it will become, whether its an spell or object.
Vertigo
Vertigo
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 27.12.09 20:24

Vertigo wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Vertigo, please keep in mind that servitors are not artificial souls. In fact, they have no soul at all and are not even living beings. They are a concentration of energy based on intent and Will, similar to constructs, although fairly more complex.

For me, everything have a soul, even the wood I work in for my amulets and swords and even the knife I carve with.

I believe that the more love you put into your work the better it will become, whether its an spell or object.

That is such a beautiful thing to say.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 27.12.09 22:54

Even though the idea of actual souls isn't likely true, it is a fact that the more you work with anything, the more of "you" is entwined into it, so especially if your energy is chaotic, there would be the feeling of a separate soul in everything. It's not wrong, and it's not right, it's just how it is.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 28.12.09 2:38

Regarding servitors, I have to agree with Vertigo on this point. One of the reasons I said that working with a permanent servitor may be a little dangerous is because they can get some kind of independent existence. When this happens the servitor will became a sort of "vampiric" creature that will feed on life force in order to sustain his astral body.

The concept of "soul" is a tricky one. In this context it just means an astral body.

A servitor is thus a living being. It may be very "low-life", an elemental and very simple life form, but it is life. The fact that it has a soul means that it is living, as the astral body is the vehicle for the more subtle aspects of material life.

It is even possible to "give" them a spirit, whatever that may mean. Probably such a servitor should be connected to a god in some way. I´m thinking on the Royal Servitors of the Asetians here, that probably they are connected to Aset and thus have a spirit.

But you can also share Jonathan´s views and regard all this as mere energy and Will. Well, that works also nice. Maybe it is just a matter of perspective when it comes to what is life and what it´s not.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 12.08.15 16:40

I have learned that when I don't want people's attention, I can learn to do an invisibility shield. It doesn't make you invisible, but if you badly don't want attention from a crowd, just sit some where and imagine that no one can see you. It usually works for those with no special ability or talent, anyone with any kind of ability can sense you there, but naturally they would keep on moving or stop to talk to you. you can also leave a sense that there is something there, but they would just think it was nothing.
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2015-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 12.08.15 16:42

I meant anyone with no magickal ability-sorry.
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Horus9990 21.08.15 7:18

Your better to connect to your higher self and shield just visualize anything really as long it keeps out psychic attacks,vampirsim,cords and connection ect,so just do your own shields and then programme them say like this "i decree i make this shield internally impegable and impregnible then say "so be it" that way it wont break even if your under great attack! i hope this helps.

Horus9990
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 21.08.15 7:38

Thanks Horus9990. Your advice really helps. Thanks for responding.
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 21.08.15 18:41

Sorry but Horus9990, I find this to be highly inaccurate. The notion that one can simply "decree" to make their shield that way goes against metaphysical mechanics. If things were as easy as simply saying "my shield is impenetrable" psychic attacks and spiritual warfare would not be nearly as serious, threatening, or occasionally unnerving as they are. This is serious. People study for years and years and years, heck... multiple lifetimes, to learn this stuff. Shielding is not always easy, especially if the person who is tearing it down knows what they are doing.

Now for the programming... to me simply saying that it has a certain function is akin to saying to a calculator: "I have input this function and now I shall have an answer" instead of actually pressing the buttons and doing the work.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 22.08.15 10:20

I agree with you Rhea Kaye. I find that my 'invisible' shielding comes to me easier based on the fact that I am a background type of person. I have tried my shield before and it works effectively without my having to try. Also when I leave and come back I noticed that energy is still there that I can use to rebuild it. Often times I would leave it behind so it would be easier to build back up with more practice.
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Horus9990 02.09.15 9:00

Hey there guys shields are good to be used from your higher self which nobody knows apart from you!,so they wont be reprogrammed or tapped into by other vampires and humans just connect with your higher self then follow your gut instict to make shields the Tower of Light is a good shield,so is a gold breastplate over the breast from psychic attacks! make the shield permanament by programming it then make sure nobody can deprogramme it hope this helps guys!

Horus9990
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Horus9990 14.09.15 9:28

use my eye for psychic protection on your brow!! then blink the eye or programme it

Horus9990
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 14.09.15 12:06

Umm, I might need to add that building a shield can come easily if only one has the ability or gift to do so. I know a friend of mine who has built a shield with knights and long swords. All it takes is a will of spirit and the means to which you think a shield can protect you. They are your own interpretation so really, anyone can build what they think will protect them.
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 17.09.15 23:04

I tend to grow somewhat wary of theories claiming that someone just has to think of something they believe will protect them...

Especially due to the fact that anyone experienced can simply view the energy and then tear the shield down or deprogram it in whichever way they choose. I suppose it depends on the skill level of the person shielding and how good the other person is at offensive techniques. And also, if they sense whatever nasty, defensive programming the person has in their shield, I'd imagine that affects its durability. I keep imagining a circumstance where someone would surround themselves with white knights of purity or some other programming and then become the recipient of an energetic attack. They are still thinking these white knights are there, perhaps... because of their perception of the shield's infallibility. But what if the person already eliminated that energy?

I have heard of situations where someone believes their shield is perfect, but then a few days later they claim to have received some kind of damage.

Thoughts, anyone? If I seem too far off base, anyone can feel free to jump in and correct me.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 17.09.15 23:14

No I agree with you.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3026
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Faroah 17.05.16 19:00

Obviously, I am new here and very, very late to the party. After reading through the thread I felt like sharing my own experience with shielding:

For years, shielding was a problem, and as a child everything got in. Thoughts, voices, energy attacks, mood manipulations, everything. It took some time and practice and a very well versed mentor to help me center, find my own "voice" if you will and begin to defend myself.

I do not visualize any specific shield- no knights in shining armor or super powered attack dogs, no eggshells or thin layers.

I center myself, draw on all the energy around me and push the energy outward. I have found, that rather than it being a forceful shield, it becomes a rather intricate warning system. I rarely feel anyone or anything I don't want to, and on the rare occasions I do, I have ample time to quell the attack or redirect the energies elsewhere.

I suggest to people, look for someone who can help you learn, in person.

Faroah
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 17.05.16 19:05

or build your personal energy to the point that the attacks are senseless and no effect against you.  Not a big issue at all but most people make it one.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Faroah 17.05.16 19:11

Maxx wrote:or build your personal energy to the point that the attacks are senseless and no effect against you.  Not a big issue at all but most people make it one.

I was actually a little hesitant to go there, you know, being the new guy around here. lol

Faroah
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by adrenochrome_rush 04.09.22 13:46

The real vampires have hologram shields. Beautiful woman, or ancient alien?

Shielding Yourself - Page 2 Screen10
adrenochrome_rush
adrenochrome_rush
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2022-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 04.09.22 18:02

This post isn't relevant to the topic so please refrain from posting unnecessary things. That looks like a human woman to me no matter how symmetrically well composed and standard wise beautiful. Just because you enter a forum centered around vampirism, don't begin to see vampires in mere human aesthetics wherever you go. Stay to topic and don't troll as it appears you're coming off doing and you'll be more than fine.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by adrenochrome_rush 04.09.22 19:28

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:This post isn't relevant to the topic so please refrain from posting unnecessary things. That looks like a human woman to me no matter how symmetrically well composed and standard wise beautiful. Just because you enter a forum centered around vampirism, don't begin to see vampires in mere human aesthetics wherever you go. Stay to topic and don't troll as it appears you're coming off doing and you'll be more than fine.

Firstly, promiscuous girl is very special song for me. I connect with the message, and it’s very inspiring. I am sharing something something very special with you, from my heart. You might not be able to see it, but maybe one day. I have hope for all of humanity to awaken and see the truth.
adrenochrome_rush
adrenochrome_rush
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2022-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehom 13.11.23 8:36

I Love this thread. Thanks so much Daniel, Aghrab, Jonathan, Syrianeh, others.
Tehom
Tehom
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2