The blood of Aset

+2
Ankhhape
Syrianeh
6 posters

Go down

The blood of Aset Empty The blood of Aset

Post by Syrianeh 07.08.09 12:27

Going over the Asetian Sigils I have noticed one interesting fact about the Ib or "heart" Sigil. This is the seventh Sigil mentioned in the Asetian Bible, and represents the heart that is weighed in the afterlife against the feather of Ma'at. According to some texts, the heart was believed to be a drop from the heart of the mother of a child at conception. This would signify a drop of blood... and also represented immortality.

The other interesting Sigil is the Tyet, or knot - signifying the "Blood of Aset". In some texts I have found that it has also been found to signify the "magical menstrual blood" of the Goddess as per her fertile/magical properties. It was deemed so powerful that it was worn as an amulet (in red jasper stone) to ward off enemies.

This leaves me thinking that these two Sigils are much more important than they seem, as they both represent Aset's blood.. the Key to the Afterlife and to Magic.

In this sense I can see how both these Sigils would be of extremely importance in Asetian rituals such as the Dark Kiss...
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

The blood of Aset Empty Re: The blood of Aset

Post by Ankhhape 07.08.09 13:02

Great finds Syrianeh! Thanks
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Elendor 07.08.09 23:46

Good awareness, paying attention to those details, Syrianeh.
The secrets hidden behind sigils, symbols and code represent a central part of the Asetian tradition and hold keys to their powers over the Universal dynamics.

Elendor
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-06-01

https://www.vampirismforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 08.08.09 15:48

Thanks for brining awareness into this. It is a very interesting subject to me.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ladymoontear 13.03.10 16:05

Blood is important in most ritauls. Though in the pagan community it is only used in the most strongest of spells or darkest. It can also be used in healing spells. But we are warned to stay away from rituals when we are on our cycles do to the potency of our blood. Ineresting considering those two things you brought up and how the pagan community warns against it. Just food for thought. Not preaching or anything. I used to be a practicing pagan so I am pretty well versed in their ideas. I still do practice to some extent.
ladymoontear
ladymoontear
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-11

http://mamamoont@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 19.03.10 22:01

The magical menstrual blood of a goddess is a recurrent theme in the legends of early-historic Sumerian culture. Here, the monthly blood of an Anunnaki goddess is fed to mortals of the ruling class, greatly enhancing life span and other abilities.
After the departure of the Sumerian Anunnaki, old and middle kingdom Egyptian pharoahs are rumored in some anecdotal accounts to have ingested the "white powder of gold" which replaced the blood of the Anunnaki goddesses. This enabled them to become gods.
Nowdays, there is some internet chatter about "orbitally rearranged monatomic elements" (ormes), which are chemically unique states of platinum group metals, and are purported to transform a mortal human into a "light being". Several internet and eBay vendors sell powder which is supposedly this rare substance, that I beleive is fradulent.
Getting back to Syrianeh's original post, she was most perceptive in her observation and, IMO, a Forum member worth heeding.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down