Keepers were the Jedi of the Ancient World.

+14
Hierophant
Jonathan
Kate
Divine 277
Syrianeh
ladymoontear
Xedoc
ElizabethBathory
Azrael
Arkanos
Hellen
Karnath
Maktub
Victor
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Keepers were the Jedi of the Ancient World. Empty Keepers were the Jedi of the Ancient World.

Post by Victor 20.06.08 11:47

Keepers used to be not just friends and protectors of the Asetians, but also like a special force of the Aset Ka, entrusted with the most bizzarre missions, that could be enlightening or simply unethical as an assassination. However they were mostly used in missions to protect specific Asetians, especially important Elders.

I can see many parallels between the Keepers of the Aset Ka and the Jedi of StarWars.

What do you think?
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Keepers were the Jedi of the Ancient World. Empty Re: Keepers were the Jedi of the Ancient World.

Post by Jonathan 20.06.08 16:19

I have never thought about that in such a perspective. But doesn't seem to be a ridiculous parallel, I believe I can see it that way...

I am curious about the opinion from someone more knowledgeable into the subject of Keepers.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Keepers were the Jedi of the Ancient World. Empty Re: Keepers were the Jedi of the Ancient World.

Post by Karnath 20.06.08 17:12

Greetings.

I actually laughed a bit. I think that's a funny comparison...
Anyway, I agree with what you said. Keepers were more than that, but they also were what you said.

Jedi is cool. Rolling Eyes *lol*

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maktub 20.06.08 17:49

Although I personally dislike this kind of comparisons, between something as serious, complex and historical with something from fiction, I can understand what you mean with the parallel you drew. Unlike what Jonathan said, I have already been approached with this idea, since it has been made in other occasions and under the same light of the Keepers.

Keepers are beings of a developed sense of spirituality and highly meditative natures. Many of them were powerful sorcerers, and also great in the secret abilities of dueling, fighting and war. The elite of the Keepers were fearless beings and quite deadly, therefore also your parallel with Jedis. They were entrusted with the protection and safeguard of many Asetians. Being ultimately loyal to the Asetian family and committed to their missions.
Also, Keepers in the old days used to be organized into the Council of Anubis. A secretive sect inside the Aset Ka structure that was responsible for the organization of the Keepers lineage and society, their formation and guidance, as long as to properly answer to the demands of the Asetian Empire when it came to the services of the Children of Anubis.

But we cannot forget a hugely important factor. We cannot forget that there was, and still is, a sect in the Aset Ka known as the Imperial Guard. Those were the real elite forces from the Order, and their secret services.
Although I can see countless missions, and even assassinations, being easily accomplished by the Keepers, we must never forget that the Imperial Guard was the most feared and devastating metaphysical force, as well as physical army, to ever put their feet on this Earth.

Still, Keepers are highly honorable beings, ultimately loyal to the Asetians and very feared among many sects of the underground. They are effective and wise. And their ethereal ways may remind us those of the Jedis.

I am curious to more people's opinions on this. It is a weird, but still interesting debate, if taken with maturity and an open mind.

Maktub
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 20.06.08 17:56

Just a small note.

I don't really see why you'd describe an assassination as being unethical. I think it would highly depend on the context. Being a direct order, it would become unethical, from the point of view of a Keeper, to disobey. Besides being unethical, it would be non-sense.

Best wishes.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellen 20.11.08 15:18

Since this thread caught my attention I must say that i did search for Star Wars series and saw them again to be sure , and yes there are lots of parallels one can make .
Especially it caught my attention their phrase 'May the Force be with You “ which is similar with the Asetian “May the Ka be with your Ba “
The similarity between Seth and Sith .
And how in the last series , The Force is forgotten and seen like just an old myth, which many don't trust .
Until they feel it !
(This was like deja vu .)
Lord of the Rings series is another example of parallels with the Asetian past .
In fact we can clearly see many parallels especially in literature and visual arts .
And this was emphasized also in the Asetian Bible- i think we all noticed the many excerpts from world literature of different ages (which for some seemed unusual )
I think the list of parallels is really vast.
Another fact is the knowledge kids are receiving from cartoon series , which i am sure many parents don't notice because don't have the time , don't have the knowledge or are not aware .You mustn't be surprised when a kid comes to you , looks inside the book you're reading and tells you : this is Aset i know her , and if you pay attention, you notice the same kid has knowledge about vampires ,chakras , energy work or shamanic practices about which if you ask the parents ,they don't !
It looks like stealth and silent knowledge existing in everything , or permeating everything , not only in the actual times but also in the past .I am curious how do you feel about this ? Is it conscious information from the authors ? Channeled information ? Intentional ?Simple coincidence ?
I would like to know your thoughts about this .
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanos 22.11.08 3:31

I enjoyed reading this (Hellen)... It made me remember a project I once had of seeing if I could tie certain things together along these same type of lines.

I can refer to my own voyage through literature, popular culture, and the like (not to mention through things more overtly philosophical or religious). The effect really is like whispers of truth or facets revealed. It makes sense that an individual would find things in culture in which his comprehension of truth (not only adding to that comprehension) is revealed, but, as to how things get out there in the first place, I can imagine only a couple of ways. One is that the content-creators have a deep, unconscious memory, however peripheral to the source, of what was involved. The other is that these things come straight from Aset (but through the minds of those creating), which isn't surprising since She is undoubtedly of All Imagining. One way (if that's the right word) that is perhaps impossible to imagine is that these things occur according to something which is mentioned in the AB (but which I'm not in a position to locate right now): the idea of Asetians for whom the world is truly a microcosm to their macrocosm, of they who are truly gods.

Beginning with my youth, here's a brief, truncated journey through my (mainstream-type) cultural obsessions --

SPOCK (TV): my idea of the quintessential outsider, in but above mankind, tuned to logic and, one would think paradoxically, wielder of quasi-supernatural powers (in a way, tuned into "The Force" before it became named as such), also born of a desert planet and one with a strong, ritualistic culture

THE NEW GODS (Comic Books): Two planets, one shining, one virulent, locked into a single embrace, a "god" of each exchanged in order to learn and grow in the ways of the other

THE PHANTOM (Comic Books): loved that purple (Violet?) suit, his two rings (one to punish, one to reward -- VERY Egyptian it turns out); intrigued by the idea of a father/son descent in which a single identity is maintained -- shades of reincarnation?

STAR WARS (Film): the reference to The Force, as mentioned, and other elements

STARGATE (Film): more an anti-obsession since I was "laughingly pissed" that it included some essential elements to a story I had lived with for seven years but never did anything with. You can add to this GHOSTBUSTERS and one or two others I can't remember right now

... and, more recently, VAMPIRES (Books and Film): in a way, cycling back to Spock -- neck-pinch = vampire bite, vampire charm/hypnosis = mind-meld, having superior strength, etc.

Perhaps you can all get a sense from the above of why I was ripe to find the Asetian Bible so attractive.

Anywayz... Smile
Arkanos
Arkanos
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkanos 22.11.08 4:02

P.S., I'd be interested in hearing other people's thoughts of what they may have culturally tuned into and that they find reflective of what they've gathered from the Asetian Bible. It's a Fascinating Wink topic (but one that needs a new thread, I imagine).

As far as this thread goes, I'm still trying to work out the idea of Keepers vs. Guardians as Jedi (this is mainly just a bit of fun here, I recognize, but there's nothing wrong with letting one's imagination roam).

What I haven't gotten into yet is The Lord of the Rings trilogy, which I must read one day.
Arkanos
Arkanos
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 27.11.09 16:14

Maybe this is right. Jedi means Watchers, but I doubt the Aset Ka would use something as obvious as Watchers for a category when revealing things to the public. So Keepers could be a term that really means Watchers.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 27.11.09 18:07

ElizabethBathory wrote:Maybe this is right. Jedi means Watchers, but I doubt the Aset Ka would use something as obvious as Watchers for a category when revealing things to the public. So Keepers could be a term that really means Watchers.
Good point, actually...
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 05.12.09 9:39

The Sith have some vampiric relations...
Azrael
Azrael
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 06.12.09 15:56

Jedi and Sith... does it ring any bell on my Asetianist friends? Wink
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 06.12.09 18:22

It was like on the other topic , Jonathan.... where you were talking about both Sethians and Asetians basically following the same beliefs... you sort of brought a thought into me that I basically never thought of before... Both kin, much like the Sith and Jedi, have ancient connections... both lost through the eras essentially blinding many... But both still war amongst one another, they fight for their brothers and philosophies that the other side may not...
Azrael
Azrael
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 06.12.09 18:33

Azrael wrote:It was like on the other topic , Jonathan.... where you were talking about both Sethians and Asetians basically following the same beliefs... you sort of brought a thought into me that I basically never thought of before... Both kin, much like the Sith and Jedi, have ancient connections... both lost through the eras essentially blinding many... But both still war amongst one another, they fight for their brothers and philosophies that the other side may not...

This is something someone once said to me, and I thought it was so smart that I've had it saved in a file all these years.

"i choose no side fo i believe studying one is narrow minded and
ignorant..i am Neutral..i use the lightside's knowledge and the
darkside's power...however there is no denying what i truly am."
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 06.12.09 19:11

That is actually a pretty deep and meaningful quote...
Azrael
Azrael
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 07.12.09 12:33

I don't agree that this can apply to Sethians and Asetians. We can't study them with the usual mindset. Like it was explained many times, they don't represent shadow and light or good and evil. They are beyond such concepts. Both can be terrible beings of darkness and death, as well as light beings of healing and love. However, I don't believe in this case there is a chance at being neutral. There is no such thing in the Sethian/Asetian world. That is because they represent two incompatible forces, and that incompatibility was enforced throughout the ages. I don't believe there was ever anyone powerful that stayed neutral in this war and between these sides, they eventually took one side or the other, depending on their nature and views. There is no middle term between a Sethian and an Asetian, none represents good and none represents evil. They are natural forces that destroy one another.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 07.12.09 15:43

Neutral, perhaps branching off from the two... because you can "not" take either side and fight or not fight them if you do not believe in their philosophies... this may not be making sense but in a way it does... They both may destroy each other... but have you ever considered someone who wished to destroy both or quite the opposite... to not belong to either side through their own individual philosophies and beliefs...
Azrael
Azrael
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethBathory 07.12.09 21:04

In the Koran it says Allah made angels of light and djinn of fire (and humans, too). I take it the djinn only became darkness once Lucifer decided to rebel against the angels (he was allowed to live with) and oppose Allah. I also take the "dark" is more of a declaration of opposition than anything.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Xedoc 05.02.10 11:20

I see Keepers more as a mix of Jedi with Sith.
Xedoc
Xedoc
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ladymoontear 21.03.10 17:36

I've read both, they both make valid points to their side of things. As to jedi, sith or whatever, I would have to agree with the Imperial Guard being more likely their jedi. I am not saying anything against the Keepers, they have my utmost respect. As for chosing a side or not chosing a side, I think in the end it would end up being more of a moral issue. And here is some food for thought, maybe not all, but by being here, most have already chosen a side.
ladymoontear
ladymoontear
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-11

http://mamamoont@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 05.09.10 5:45

ElizabethBathory wrote:In the Koran it says Allah made angels of light and djinn of fire (and humans, too). I take it the djinn only became darkness once Lucifer decided to rebel against the angels (he was allowed to live with) and oppose Allah. I also take the "dark" is more of a declaration of opposition than anything.

Once they did decide that the only word that was worth following was gods, and no one was more wiser or intelligent then GOD, they let there hole world be decided out of a single force and HIS word of truth...

The last time I checked , humans do have free will, and whit that also comes the intelligent mind .... Razz Yes , THE INTELLIGENT self thinking mind ..

( kinda in a bad mood to day ... lol... It will go away )

Light and dark .... Is a mater of opinion.

know mater what we do or do not believe .... I does not imply that the intentions where good in the first place, it Is a mater off fate or belief you have in your hart.

This is an example :
If someone meant deep in there hart, that Jews where evil and where the ones that damned humanity , then they would probably do everything they could do to destroy it ( cause its human nature ) ...and well Hitler did .

(I'm NOT saying, go Hitler , in fact I see him as a intelligent IDIOT , in the words basic meaning )

The Romans did rely mean that it would be better off, if all the world would be under Rome, so well, the once that didn't agree whit them , got slayed , because as they saw it, was for the grater good of Rome.

But there intentions was good in their own eyes , because they were society and not savages , ergo a good excuse .... ( not rely )

We have lots of wars like these ones true history .... and they are seen to day as well....

I did rely Hope they did learn from past mistakes...... :S

Nothing is ether black or white ......

Sincerely Divine 277

Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 06.09.10 2:17

Divine277, I beg to differ.

In most cases, the religious / apocalyptic reasons that some leaders have offered the world to fuel their political decisions are nothing but manipulation of the masses. In Hitler's case, he was a great manipulator and orator, and knew exactly how to focus his intentions. His main reasons for wanting to exterminate Jews and other ethnic groups, were political. He wanted to build an empire from Germany, and those damnation theories worked perfectly well on a population weary from economical distress after WWI.

Nothing works better on the masses than telling them they're the chosen ones, the elite, the superior race, and everyone else an enemy of their blood and of their god. That is one of the main reasons why the world is still so messed up.

Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 06.09.10 4:04

Syrianeh wrote:Divine277, I beg to differ.

In most cases, the religious / apocalyptic reasons that some leaders have offered the world to fuel their political decisions are nothing but manipulation of the masses. In Hitler's case, he was a great manipulator and orator, and knew exactly how to focus his intentions. His main reasons for wanting to exterminate Jews and other ethnic groups, were political. He wanted to build an empire from Germany, and those damnation theories worked perfectly well on a population weary from economical distress after WWI.

Nothing works better on the masses than telling them they're the chosen ones, the elite, the superior race, and everyone else an enemy of their blood and of their god. That is one of the main reasons why the world is still so messed up.

yes ... exact .... But he did believe in his own propaganda , and he did actually hate Jews... He was a Cristian man , he even got a letter from the pope , that told Hitler , that he had the courage, to do what they never could do again ......

So to sum it up.... The main biggest religions in the world ... believe in the same god .... ++ or -- some texts, and still they are fighting about whats the true voice of god .... or the true people of god .....

At least that is what the masses believe that they are fighting for (in a way ), But as you said there is some fool in the top of this that controls the masses , and usually HE does things for his own good and probably for someone else s good to ...

power, money, withholding Knowledge......

some actually think they are doing the the right thing....... To keep order, in staid of chaos ....

And this is where we live .....

Think about it.... all that anger ....

Sincerely Divine 277

Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate 18.01.11 7:49

Victor wrote:Keepers used to be not just friends and protectors of the Asetians, but also like a special force of the Aset Ka, entrusted with the most bizzarre missions, that could be enlightening or simply unethical as an assassination. However they were mostly used in missions to protect specific Asetians, especially important Elders.

I can see many parallels between the Keepers of the Aset Ka and the Jedi of StarWars.

What do you think?

Your parallel between the Jedi and Keepers is noteworthy. In each instance they are defenders. I believe Keepers were given the ultimate trust; they in turn dedicated themselves to the protection of their charge, who sequentially engaged them for the security and defence of their kind.

Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden
Kate
Kate
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by iMaven 12.09.11 4:26

To say that the people who are running us today are not acting on inherently "evil" or "dark" intentions is ignorant to say the least...

You have to view it this way... Bringing joy is light. bringing suffering is dark..

They know they are causing mass suffering (bankers etc...). But they don't care. It is selfish and lack integrity.
Moral relativism doesn't really exist, sorry to say.

iMaven
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next