I think we need to revise the Dark Mark

+2
Kahina
Karnath
6 posters

Go down

I think we need to revise the Dark Mark Empty I think we need to revise the Dark Mark

Post by Daniel09 30.10.09 20:35

I think we need to revise what we think we know about the Dark Mark.

The first thing that must be accepted is that the book does not say which wrist it is tattooed on. Saying the left only is an assumption.

Second, I will now quote the AB:

"Unlike most of the symbols tattooed on the wrist, the Asetian Dark Mark is always tattooed facing the Asetian, with the lower end of the Ankh pointing to the inner arm and the Rays of Isis pointing out to the hand and into the outer world... perfectly seen by the Asetian at all times, but usually seen inverted by the common world."

Now, examining this, I find that when it says "facing the Asetian," in conjunction with "unlike most of the symbols tattooed on the wrist," this makes the assumption most here have to appear to be, well, wrong. This seems to say that the Mark is not on the inside of the wrist over the main veins like previously thought, because that is the way almost all wrist tattoos are. Those veins are not always seen, because they are usually facing down, away from the Asetian. "perfectly seen... at all times." Just think about it, there are only a few places visible on your wrist at all times, "seen inverted by the common world."
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

I think we need to revise the Dark Mark Empty Re: I think we need to revise the Dark Mark

Post by Karnath 31.10.09 11:48

Greetings, Daniel.

I find if quite interesting you should have questioned the very concept of the Dark Mark just now. It's good to have some thoughts about things, but I shall inform you about it. I don't know for how long you've been following the Asetian Tradition, but probably not long enough for you to have seen a previous version of www.asetka.org in which there was a picture of a wrist and hand, with the exact disposition of the Dark Mark, highly beautiful.

Perfectly seen at all times, is obviously related to the perfect vision of the Ankh in vertical position as they are originally seen, with the lower end pointing to the byceps and the Rays of Isis and Wings pointing to the hand.
Now, imagine They had the Ankh that way, but in the outer side of the wrist... Well, everyone would see it inverted, including the Self, unless They always had their arms up to see it vertically well.

What Master Luis Marques wanted to describe in His marvellous book, is that by the Asetian it was seen in a perfect way, the original way, when he looked to his inner side of the wrist, while the others would see it inverted. He didn't mean it would be always visible at all times, but -seen- in a perfect way everytime They would see it. People around them would indeed see it as an Inverted Cross or something (therefore "common world"; someone from the context would perfectly understand the idea: It was a special Ankh). The "common world" usually sees the Ankh as a Cross. Remember?

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

I think we need to revise the Dark Mark Empty Re: I think we need to revise the Dark Mark

Post by Kalb 31.10.09 12:51

Good post Karnath. I share with the Sacred Dark Mark.
I think we need to revise the Dark Mark Darkmarkg
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahina 31.10.09 13:04

Great post Karnath. Thank you for sharing this photo Stalker. Smile
Kahina
Kahina
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 31.10.09 14:01

If that was true then there would be no secrets about the Mark. I believe that is not a true representation. It may have even been released as it was on purpose. You know the Aset Ka does that, they say they do. One needs to look past the obvious and read in between the lines. Don't take anything on faith, especially when nothing but a picture (which can very easily be created digitally) supports it. I am not saying to throw out the idea of a wrist tattoo, but the placement of it in the picture is exactly like almost every wrist tattoo I've ever seen. Keep an open mind and question everything, including yourself. That's a lesson the Asetian Bible tries to make very clear.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 31.10.09 14:39

Greetings again, Daniel.

I would dare to say the arm of that picture probably isn't that of an Asetian. I say this, because the Aset Ka would never give the world such an honor. But of course it's an informative representation, and probably a door for remembrance.
But it's great that you have such deep thoughts about the mind of an Asetian. But it's very true, though, that the left inner-side wrist is of particular importance within the Asetian Tradition. It's something that's known, even if there's no confirmation from the Aset Ka. Anyway, the Remark says there's no trustable source besides that of the Asetian Bible and of asetka.org. And there you go, the source of that picture is asetka.org.
Those who have delved deep into the Asetian Tradition probably know as I do (I've delved into the studies of it, no more than that) that the Dark Mark is placed upon the inner side of the Left Wrist.

Thanks for remembering us of the picture, Stalker.

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 31.10.09 14:51

I will continue to be skeptical on this matter. While there is a picture, it was removed from the official website and there is no remark about the image. The future may hold more answers, but for now I stand by my words.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 31.10.09 15:14

Hello again.

Well, I think that's a good scientific position, but I think a revision on the Dark Mark isn't something you would be able to do. If you have any more ideas, share them with us.

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 31.10.09 18:51

The image posted by Stalker, although being present on the Aset Ka official website some years ago, it is well known for being a digital creation and not a real Dark Mark. Victor has confirmed this for us long time ago in some other thread on the Dark Mark I believe.
The order would not make something like the Dark Mark so easily reachable, being now the most well known representation of the Vampire in the world. But yet, still one surrounded with mystery and secrecy.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 31.10.09 20:24

As you know the Dark Mark is something exclusively,profound and Sacred. Much information has been debated about
the concept of the Dark Mark over time, and much speculation about it exists even nowadays.

Dear Daniel, do you think the Aset Ka will expose the Sacred Dark Mark for us? The Asetians give us an idea of what is Dark Mark.. And this is really sweet. They don't trust us. We are Asetianist.. Only this. The true mysteries only the Asetian know..
I believe They open doors for who prove the Honor, Respect and Love for them. A good example are Keepers or Asetian Disciples.

Remenber.. The human kind don't want the knowledge of Gods.. Only few people want.

I have many examples for give you but i will give you one.

Look at the Ankh..
I think we need to revise the Dark Mark 321px-Ankh.svg
The years passed... and look what the humand mind do...
I think we need to revise the Dark Mark 180px-Christian_cross
Excellent Work. Do you agree with me? Razz
This is a small example of what people do with Symbols... Other people do not like this style and create the own syle.. Satanic version...
I think we need to revise the Dark Mark Cruz8cols4

If Asetians share with us the Sacred Dark Mark what do you think the people do? Smile
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 31.10.09 21:03

Very true, Stalker. One can even wonder if some of the symbol altering was pushed by the ROS to help obscure the true images and scatter the influence of the Aset Ka's silent power.

I am constantly humbled by the Asetian Bible and people like Luis Marques. The work and wisdom he shares is so strong, yet only just barely the tip of the iceberg. I can only do my best to be as amazing, and it is difficult. The human condition is one that is geared towards making mistakes, and society currently encourages mistakes and disrespect. It has really caused me many problems throughout my life. I naturally hate doing wrong things, messing up. I feel that I have the ability to do it perfectly, and that if I am making mistakes, that it is a lack of will. Regardless of what I am told, I always break down when I cannot do something right the first time. If I improve dramatically with a little practice, then I can feel better, and I can allow myself one mistake for any action I have never practiced. It can be anything from a game to remembering a piece of paper. If I have forgotten or messed up in the past, then a repeat mistake is unforgivable. It has led to many near-suicides, but I have persevered and evolved from it.

Anyone, Asetian or not, who can live life flawlessly, is someone I am instantly respectful beyond anything, or who has managed to get past hectic waters and emerge a shining being. It really does impress me, and I idolize those who can do that. I do the best that I can to be like that, whether it's possible or not. If I am not and can never be Asetian, I want to be like one. Heh, it never helps that when I want to give up I am reminded by the veins on my hand that I should never even think about giving up. Hope and love are two curiously entwined things, and they extend past the meanings most think when they imagine the ideas.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 06.11.09 19:41

I will concur with Karnath to the extent that the picture formally posted on the Ak website is only a representation. Correct wrist or not, it is a symbol of what most of us respect and admire. I continue to find this picture moving and inspring each time I view it - a reminder of what, someday, we each may be.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.01.10 16:59

I read this thread before I recieved my membership. One thing I wanted to point out, that better not be on the hand of an Asentian lol, cause it's on the RIGHT hand. Unless of course that image was mirrored to be on the right hand and then posted.

Daniel, as to what you say about respecting people who can live life flawlessly,

If someone can, they're either lucky or they haven't been exposed to much. But this, is just my opinion. And I love what you stated about respecting them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down