Is energy work addicting?

4 posters

Go down

Is energy work addicting? Empty Is energy work addicting?

Post by Daniel09 16.11.09 13:17

So I've been practicing energy work for a number of years now, and I've laid off it for a while, because my health was declining (probably from burning all my energy pointlessly). Anyway, today at school I was explaining a little about energy to a boy I knew, and so I decided to try something. I hadn't done anything in a while, so I closed my eyes and focused energy into my arm to my hand. It made a warm-like feeling throughout the arm and hand. Then I touched two of my fingers to his arm and focused on channeling some energy into it. He instantly felt something and said it felt funny, tingly and such, for minutes afterward. But as I was heading home, I ended up wasting a good amount of energy on shielding and making energy hover around my hand. It was like after doing it once, my body wanted to use it for every little thing, making my sense of smell less sensitive, making the cold less chilly, etc.

I finally stopped, and I think my levels are still moderate, but it's annoying that I wasted so much in so little time. Do you think it's addicting to use energy?
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Is energy work addicting? Empty Re: Is energy work addicting?

Post by Karnath 16.11.09 15:11

Greetings, Daniel09.

Of course using energy is energy. It's just like thinking and physically exercising. The more you do it, the more you need to do it to keep it exercised. The more you use it, the healthier you are, except if you do it in idiot ways, like trying to do telekinesis, which is quite useless, since you can move things with your body. Also, it is a very physical way to use energy.
The thing is, it looks to me that you think using energy daily is a thing to avoid. One should always do energy work, to keep it healthy and working. If you stop using it, your Shen Centers will function in a wrong way, and you will eventually create energy blockages, and your health will decline.
You should always exercise.

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 16.11.09 15:12

I'm sorry for my mistake.

Of course using energy is addictive.

Best regards.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 16.11.09 15:18

I always have a sense of using energy everyday...I do not want to let go of the thought of energy or exercising it so I use it more to keep myself at it...To me it can be addicting but I know how to control myself...As long as you keep your energy levels high enough you should be mentally and spiritually stable... Don't just let the energy whither away and be forgotten...It should part of everyday life...
Azrael
Azrael
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 16.11.09 16:55

Yes, I understand. I don't stop using it, I tend to subconsciously use it often, just not in big magical workings, because those drain me a lot. My most often practice is to expand my energy and "feel" everything and everyone around me. It's like a second vision and I get a feel for how to act and such around people. I just dislike using energy recklessly and draining myself. Shields are hard for me to keep up consistently. I can't help but make them overly complicated when I do decide to make them. The energy weaved into them drains me very quickly.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 17.11.09 3:18

Hello again.

Daniel09, shielding isn't always a necessary tool, and it might indeed drain you, and will make it harder to recover energy, since you'll have a shield around you. Of course you can always make a shield with different kinds of behavior, but that's usually more difficult to program than you might think at once.
Many persons in the occult say that energy follows thought. Well, there's a limit, and it will make something differ from slightly real, and overly real. It comes a time when technique will make a great difference. Of course most of the people in the world doesn't need it, even though they'd wish they'd need it.

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 17.11.09 4:03

Yes, in that regard I have run into particular road-blocks. I have figured out how to develop certain types of filter shields, but I don't have a method of making a more dynamic energy absorbing shield or something. My fundamental understanding of energy is still quite limited, regardless of my experience in manipulating it.

On a slightly different tone, Gods I love this book. I got the urge to snatch it up and open it, and I flipped exactly to the pages on shielding, what convenience!
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by AkashaofKemet 17.11.23 10:33

I believe it can be if that is how one feeds.
AkashaofKemet
AkashaofKemet
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2022-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down