Aset and mortals...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aset and mortals...

Post by Nebibi on 11.12.09 16:08

Simple Question:

I have read the Asetian Bible with this question in mind and didn't get an answer. I hope that someone will please enlighten me....Well, I was wondering: would Aset take interest or help or interact in anyway with a human? Just curious...

(And if so, how? If any of you have any personal experiences please share!)

Thank you.
avatar
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Age : 27
Location : New York
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by godofbattle on 11.12.09 16:14

I would think probably so to some extent. The concubines are a representation of this. as they are a part of her
avatar
godofbattle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 184
Location : Detroit MI
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Daniel09 on 11.12.09 22:47

Being a Goddess, she has interest in every being who will pay her respect. Immortals are not her only children. Otherkin, Asetians, and humans alike are welcome under her wings.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Aleina on 29.12.09 1:31

Daniel09 wrote:Being a Goddess, she has interest in every being who will pay her respect. Immortals are not her only children. Otherkin, Asetians, and humans alike are welcome under her wings.

I am not sure if that is how it is... I mean, Aset is a Goddess who Loves her Asetian Children, and views them as a great pat of her... I don't think that she will just take any random person under her wings. I believe that it would take some connection and respect to her children first, in order for her to "see" that someone is calling for her. She is too High and Mighty to be there for just about anyone.

This is only my viewpoint.
avatar
Aleina
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 102
Location : US
Registration date : 2009-10-25

http://www.twitter.com/AleinaTheBitten

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Daniel09 on 29.12.09 9:59

I apologize for not explaining what I meant properly. What I was saying is that there is not one branch of being which Aset will restrict her blessings to. She is willing to reach out to any being that earns it.

In my personal point of view, I feel that it is a great disrespect to invoke the Goddess constantly. Or any God for that matter. I give my respects to her, and thank her, but I will not invoke her unless there is something seriously wrong and I need her guidance. Even then I will not expect her to show herself, for who am I to call on her. There is a time and place I suppose, is what I mean. If one's problems can be solved by a mortal mind, there is no need to call upon divinity. But I'm sure others will differ.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by AnaInDark on 02.01.10 18:08

I don't think Aset can ever be invoked by humans. She is too mighty. No one probably can invoke such Gods. Maybe her children can, but humans? I doubt highly.
avatar
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 137
Age : 27
Location : U.S
Registration date : 2009-09-11

http://www.twitter.com/AnaInDark

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Divine 277 on 02.03.10 0:43

AnaInDark wrote:I don't think Aset can ever be invoked by humans. She is too mighty. No one probably can invoke such Gods. Maybe her children can, but humans? I doubt highly.

Manny Wiccans do this and they say it woks, she aids them in magic.
Its lots of wiccan spells out there, that invoke isis.
avatar
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 951
Age : 36
Location : Gate between heaven and hell.
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Nebibi on 02.03.10 5:46

I must say that looking back at it now, I know the answer to my question. Although I am still on the path of evolution and do not know what the nature of my soul is, I can say that Aset would help a mortal. I do not invoke her, I never have, but I do pray to her and I can boldly say that she answers (sometimes in odd ways) but she does. I think its just a matter of you really wanting to change, and allowing her to change you. I think its a matter of how sincere you are and how loyal you are, not only to her but also to her children.
avatar
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Age : 27
Location : New York
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Jonathan on 02.03.10 6:28

I think it is important to see the difference in here between praying/talking with/ritualizing/meditating/honoring and invoking/evoking. I believe anyone who is respectful enough, dedicated and honorable, particularly towards her children (the Asetians), can be helped by Aset, one way or another... and is entitled to pray to her, meditate around her energies, dedicate rituals to her and honor her Violet Flame in any ways they find appropriate. However, I don't believe people can invoke her. Aset is one of the higher deities/Gods from the higher realms of the divinity plane, in the Duat. She can't simply be summoned by someone in need of help or wanting to commune with the Gods. I believe that form of direct evocation and calling can probably only be done by her own children, who have a direct connection to her soul and energy, or I would dare say maybe only the Elders would know how to do it.
I do know that Wiccans play with all sorts of evocations, they have rituals to evoke literally any sort of deities represented in history. That does not mean they actually accomplish it. Most of Wiccan magick is highly eclectic new-age stuff, mostly based on ritual drama and sometimes a bit of chaos magick. In most cases they accomplish things by faith/belief, not by actually understanding the metaphysical mechanisms of what they are doing. Pretty much like some Christians actually accomplish magick in prayer just because of their deep and strong belief, that turns their inner Will into action, not because their techniques and procedures are actually valid in terms of metaphysics.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2244
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Nebibi on 02.03.10 6:44

Thank you Johnathan for you clarification.
avatar
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Age : 27
Location : New York
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Jonathan on 02.03.10 10:32

Please keep in mind that this is just my personal opinion on the subject you were discussing. By all means I do not speak for the Asetians nor do I claim to know their definitive views on it.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2244
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Divine 277 on 02.03.10 11:34

Jonathan wrote:I think it is important to see the difference in here between praying/talking with/ritualizing/meditating/honoring and invoking/evoking. I believe anyone who is respectful enough, dedicated and honorable, particularly towards her children (the Asetians), can be helped by Aset, one way or another... and is entitled to pray to her, meditate around her energies, dedicate rituals to her and honor her Violet Flame in any ways they find appropriate. However, I don't believe people can invoke her. Aset is one of the higher deities/Gods from the higher realms of the divinity plane, in the Duat. She can't simply be summoned by someone in need of help or wanting to commune with the Gods. I believe that form of direct evocation and calling can probably only be done by her own children, who have a direct connection to her soul and energy, or I would dare say maybe only the Elders would know how to do it.
I do know that Wiccans play with all sorts of evocations, they have rituals to evoke literally any sort of deities represented in history. That does not mean they actually accomplish it. Most of Wiccan magick is highly eclectic new-age stuff, mostly based on ritual drama and sometimes a bit of chaos magick. In most cases they accomplish things by faith/belief, not by actually understanding the metaphysical mechanisms of what they are doing. Pretty much like some Christians actually accomplish magick in prayer just because of their deep and strong belief, that turns their inner Will into action, not because their techniques and procedures are actually valid in terms of metaphysics.


in my own humble opinion ... I have played whit magic of all sorts since i was 12 years old( and know I'm turning 29 ) , from most religions and have played and experimented whit all kinds of tings , I'm extremely curious you see and I know a lot of history and dark corners of agent religions , prophecies and so on because of this ....... and my spells always worked ... But I will however tell you that, I have not done spells and chants and so on in a very long time.

It simply isn't necessary anymore... But I'm still curios and I haven't heard about this asetians before... but have lots of info about agent Egypt and is hierarchy.

So I signed opp, to hoply learn more Smile

This is my point ... Isis is known by many names and many religions (ether they like it or not ) has some kind of connection to her, so if she is the sacred feminine, I'm sure she dos not favor any beings ... since she also is a part of them Smile
avatar
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 951
Age : 36
Location : Gate between heaven and hell.
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Jonathan on 02.03.10 13:22

Isis (Aset) is not the "sacred feminine" that we see in the new age traditions. She was described as that in much later times, and being seen as the "Mother Goddess" was actually a Greek creation and adulteration of the Ancient Egyptian Isis. In Egypt, Isis wasn't that peaceful lady that would protect the pregnant ladies and aid the young children. She was a powerful leader deity that even attacked the Sun God himself to gain his power. There was much more of a darker nature in Isis than what history ended up telling thanks to the later dynasties, the Romans and the Greeks. Isis is even a Greek name, when the true Egyptian name is Aset. And Aset was worshipped from the very early times, however her views changed in time, like with most of the other aspects from the Egyptian religion, all was changed, and most of the true concepts were lost. That is one of the big obstacles in this path, to seek the origins, but also one of the things that makes it so compelling and mysterious.

But please keep that in mind. When we discuss Asetianism, we aren't dealing with the most modern form of Isis, the holy mother, the sacred feminine and representation of all women and children. No, we are dealing with the ancient form of Aset, her true form, in her beautiful but also dark and dangerous nature. This is certainly not how Wiccans see Aset, since for them, she is only but a Goddess, and in their religious views the world has a God and a Goddess, and all deities are a face of that one same divinity. Egyptians didn't see it that way, their deities are independent and have their own personality and traits, probably each has their own soul, if the concept applies. Isis is not just a happy Goddess of light that is here to help everyone. She is protective but at the same time fierce and evil, as well as vengeful. Remember that Gods have duality as well...
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2244
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Divine 277 on 02.03.10 14:01

Jonathan wrote:Isis (Aset) is not the "sacred feminine" that we see in the new age traditions. She was described as that in much later times, and being seen as the "Mother Goddess" was actually a Greek creation and adulteration of the Ancient Egyptian Isis. In Egypt, Isis wasn't that peaceful lady that would protect the pregnant ladies and aid the young children. She was a powerful leader deity that even attacked the Sun God himself to gain his power. There was much more of a darker nature in Isis than what history ended up telling thanks to the later dynasties, the Romans and the Greeks. Isis is even a Greek name, when the true Egyptian name is Aset. And Aset was worshipped from the very early times, however her views changed in time, like with most of the other aspects from the Egyptian religion, all was changed, and most of the true concepts were lost. That is one of the big obstacles in this path, to seek the origins, but also one of the things that makes it so compelling and mysterious.

But please keep that in mind. When we discuss Asetianism, we aren't dealing with the most modern form of Isis, the holy mother, the sacred feminine and representation of all women and children. No, we are dealing with the ancient form of Aset, her true form, in her beautiful but also dark and dangerous nature. This is certainly not how Wiccans see Aset, since for them, she is only but a Goddess, and in their religious views the world has a God and a Goddess, and all deities are a face of that one same divinity. Egyptians didn't see it that way, their deities are independent and have their own personality and traits, probably each has their own soul, if the concept applies. Isis is not just a happy Goddess of light that is here to help everyone. She is protective but at the same time fierce and evil, as well as vengeful. Remember that Gods have duality as well...

I never said she was, I only said that IF she was Smile
But ether way, I was not only referring to wiccans/ new age, I was referring to most religions... even Buddhism and even back to tiamets (the first serpent goddess ) times. And of course they have difrent personae, look at the world we live in...

And to be quite frank here ... it was not only Egyptians who had more then one Deity ... here in Scandinavia we had several and all whit different traits, as you also referred to so did the Greeks, the romans and hindues and so on...

And as fore the Romans they were compleatly fasinated by the egyptian mythologi and adopted treits from it like they did from the Greeks, BTW Cleopatra was Greek/Macedonian.

further on, the first Egyptian religion had nothing to do whit Aset, the worship t animal like creatures.... Aset/isis came in much later dynasties.

And to just have said it , the first worship that is on file (archeological ) is goddess worship,and there were only one goddess...
avatar
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 951
Age : 36
Location : Gate between heaven and hell.
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Divine 277 on 02.03.10 14:13

BTW I never said I was a wiccan Wink
avatar
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 951
Age : 36
Location : Gate between heaven and hell.
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Phoenix on 02.03.10 21:03

To Ivy,

I have to believe that Aset interacts on some level with the members of the Aset Ka. How would she otherwise impart them with Her immortality?

Given that, I believe any diety one honors, respects and offers sincere homage to will respond to one of his/her followers. This is a relationship that develops over time. Conversely, any diety that fails to honor and reciprocate the adoration and love of a mortal follower is shallow and unworthy. (I say this under the spreading wings of my antique Isis statue.)
avatar
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Location : Sonoran Desert, USA
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Hellen on 03.03.10 15:27

Phoenix wrote:To Ivy,

Conversely, any diety that fails to honor and reciprocate the adoration and love of a mortal follower is shallow and unworthy. (I say this under the spreading wings of my antique Isis statue.)



...Unfortunately ..this last phrase illustrate typical mortal understanding and expectations.



Hellen
avatar
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Location : where vultures roam
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Nebibi on 03.03.10 17:15

Why do you say this Hellen?
avatar
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Age : 27
Location : New York
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Daniel09 on 03.03.10 18:45

I believe perhaps because it appears very mortal to expect anything at all from a God as payment.
avatar
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Age : 26
Location : Nowhere
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Meiyo on 29.03.10 6:19

Daniel09 wrote:I believe perhaps because it appears very mortal to expect anything at all from a God as payment.
Have to say that I'm of the same opinion , it is not the god that is unworthy , but the follower.
avatar
Meiyo
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Location : Germany
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Jonathan on 29.03.10 11:08

I have to agree...
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2244
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Divine 277 on 03.04.10 17:41

I don't know if we can expect anything from anyone ???
unless the respect goes both ways .....
And there would be pre made understanding between the "beings" in question.....
avatar
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 951
Age : 36
Location : Gate between heaven and hell.
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Divine 277 on 06.04.10 15:09

Divine 277 wrote:I don't know if we can expect anything from anyone ???
unless the respect goes both ways .....
And there would be pre made understanding between the "beings" in question.....

because everything has its place Wink
avatar
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 951
Age : 36
Location : Gate between heaven and hell.
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Meiyo on 06.04.10 15:11

Divine 277 wrote:
Divine 277 wrote:I don't know if we can expect anything from anyone ???
unless the respect goes both ways .....
And there would be pre made understanding between the "beings" in question.....

because everything has its place Wink
Because otherwise there would be no balance
avatar
Meiyo
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Location : Germany
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Divine 277 on 07.04.10 0:31

Meiyo wrote:
Divine 277 wrote:
Divine 277 wrote:I don't know if we can expect anything from anyone ???
unless the respect goes both ways .....
And there would be pre made understanding between the "beings" in question.....

because everything has its place Wink
Because otherwise there would be no balance

Exakte mondo Smile
avatar
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 951
Age : 36
Location : Gate between heaven and hell.
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Aset and mortals...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum