Dreamer
Maxx
Laura
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shape Shifting Empty Shape Shifting

Post by Ankhhape 31.07.08 11:57

I would like to get some input from everyone on shape shifting, I am of the belief that this can only happen in the other Planes of Existence and not possible in the Physical Plane? Can anyone verify this or shed some 'dark' on this, please?

Thanks,
A'nen
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Shape Shifting Empty Re: Shape Shifting

Post by Laura 02.08.08 10:45

From what I understand of shape shifting it happens in the astral, I do not think that it can happen in the physical plane like a human turning into a cat. Though I think that a person can manipulate the way the people around them look at them, to make them look more... animal like. Though.. there are many myths of shape shifting in the physical plane (like the Nahuales in Mexico and other parts of Central America who were magicians who could turn into animals) but I think that is just the way humans tried to explain a phenomena that they did not understand.
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 24.09.08 1:06

A'nen Sedjet, if you take a look at p.56 on the Asetian Bible, you can get the answer to your question, second paragraph.

"Real vampires do not fly not shape-shift in the physical realm, even though they can sometimes induce someone's thoughts and minds to imagine those traits, which is a whole different vampiric power - manipulation."

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 24.09.08 5:35

Indeed . . . thank you for pointing that out, I should have known it was in the Book.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Shape Shifting Empty Book of the Witch Moon

Post by Maxx 29.09.08 8:55

I am reading a Michael W. Ford book called Book OF The Witch Moon. When I read this statement in his book I thought about you and your post here. Here is his statement on page 23: "Werewolves in European History"

The werewolf can exist on the physical plane as well as the astral one. The main difference is the form, on the physical plane the wolf attributes are mental, consisting of heightened senses and physical strength. The face and hands may resemble those of a beast.

It is useful to call upon such atavisms when one is in a defensive situation or for physical survival in the extreme cold. I can recall numerous times when I had undertaken some early will training exercises amidst the perils of an extreme winter which often threatened my own personal safety. I had to call upon the wolf then just to carry my mind and body to a heightened sense of strength and power. The werewolf may be invoked with runes or sigils, for which the details are given later in this book.

I thought you might find this interesting.

Regards,

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 29.09.08 11:10

A fine book (as most of his are)

*of course it pales in comparison to the AB
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkLight 23.05.09 15:29

What about states of mind? Mundanes would call it ... Dissociative Personality Disorder, that could very well be a form of shape-shifting, could it not? For those who do not astral, out of fear or caution or ... some other reason that may cause the power/ability to 'shape-shift' to find other ways of expressing itself, flexing its muscles ...??

DarkLight
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Location : Floating in Deep Water trying to grow gills and adapt to the dark
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 23.05.09 23:27

DarkLight wrote:What about states of mind? Mundanes would call it ... Dissociative Personality Disorder, that could very well be a form of shape-shifting, could it not?

Not really... that is more like illusions than shape shifting. Shape shifting is metaphysical, not psychological.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-04-27

http://www.twitter.com/BleedingDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkLight 27.05.09 12:32

What exactly is the difference between metaphysical and psychological? If energy is directed by thought, and all is energy and thoughts are born in the mind then is it not logical to deduce that metaphysicsysics and psychology have some common ground, some grey area where they overlap?

DarkLight
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 27.05.09 13:08

Psychological manifestations occur within the Inner Plane and are just aspects of ourselves, they are non-sentient beings created by our minds while metaphysical manifestations occur within the Astral & (Ethereal, I think?) Planes and are disembodied creatures not incarnated.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 29.05.09 21:59

A'nen Sedjet, having read of (not explored) the astral plane for almost 30 years I would concur with most of the other posts that true shape shifting is a phenomenon of the astral and higher planes. That said, I further agree with Scorpion's post that on our physical plane it is the power of our manipulative will that can induce the impression of shape shifting in other beings. The strength of a focused will is amazing. For what it is worth.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellen 30.05.09 8:49

I wonder if we can consider shape shifting tendrils to happen in 'this' plane , while they happen in the subtle body , not visible , not in the common understanding of shape shifting , but they manifest in 'everyday life'. Pesonally i feel it like shape shift .

Hellen
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkLight 30.05.09 12:28

I still think that a shift of one's personality (inner being/soul) is a form of shape-shifting from someone who has not allowed the ability to take place in astral planes for not having gone there. Its a way of repressed ability to take root somewhere, and anywhere it can.

I have a different question though. Do you think that phantom limbs that some otherkin profess to have, can be a residual effect to shape-shifting or have some connection to it in any way, i.e. phantom fangs and wings, tails ...etc.

DarkLight
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 30.05.09 13:33

Personally, I believe that phantom fangs, tails and the like is all nonsense, but I hope not to insult anyone else around here that may think otherwise. It is just my personal opinion. As well as that most of the Otherkin community is filled with nonsense and ignorant people. Surely there are Otherkin beings out there, even the Asetian Bible tells us about Otherkin and different "races", however, I believe people usually take fantasy one step too far.
In what comes to phantom limbs and the like, I never thought of it being connected to possible shape-shifting, but now that you bring it up, it looks like an interesting possibility that I never realized. Usually I tend to explain phantom limbs and such situations by metaphysical conditions, as effects from strong metaphysical attacks or even remains from past life connections. But if it can be as well connected to astral/spiritual shape-shifting is a good question. Honestly I don't know but you made me think...
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 30.05.09 17:31

Who is this A'nen Sedjet? Smile
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellen 30.05.09 17:34

And which is Scorpion's post scratch ?
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 30.05.09 22:30

Hellen wrote:And which is Scorpion's post scratch ?

Aghrab on 24/9/2008 7:06
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 30.05.09 23:02

I am definitely missing something here . . . LOL
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkLight 13.06.09 22:45

Granted, some otherkin are insincere but to those who are sincere, they have claimed to have these phantom limbs and I wanted to know if they had any connection to shapeshifting, like some sort of ghost feeling, or a residual energy trace or some sort. Glad to give you food for thought ...

DarkLight
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 14.06.09 18:41

Phoenix: I rather not be called “Scorpion”, this is quite misleading to other people, and sometimes even offensive.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 14.06.09 18:47

Ha ha!!
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilded 14.06.09 22:17

Ankhhape wrote:Ha ha!!

What? Shocked
Gilded
Gilded
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Elyon 17.09.09 3:29

actually, speaking first handishly, whenever you shift, ti happens on the subtle body level, wheter your counscious mind is at the moment focused on the physical or astral plane. when you shapeshift and are "not in the astral" the changes that happen are those of energy and mind. Now, it can have effects like hightened senses, greater physical speed or strength, which all stems from the mental input you body recieves, naturally. The person indeed appears quite feral, due to movement and muscle control "inspired" by the animal spirit.

@Jonathan - phantom limbs are not a must-happen-thing, although they can come as a result of visualization and energy manifestation on the subtle body (like Tendrils or energy spheres; to give you an example)
Elyon
Elyon
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 17.09.09 4:03

I do think one must keep in mind that personal experiences are not the epitome of possibilities. I am not discounting you in an way, but just keep that in mind when you talk about how energy works in shape-shifters.

I personally, without anything but compiled knowledge on energy, feel that if one were to shape-shift for long enough in their subtle body, it would reflect slowly into their physical, because the two are intertwined like perpetual lovers in a perfect embrace.

As for heightened senses when one "shifts", this could easily be attributed to a mere increase in energy flowing through the subtle system, and not necessarily a shift in subtle/astral anatomy. I would presume it's a similar effect to the Dark Flame concept.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Elyon 17.09.09 7:16

you drew a very good parallel with the Dark Flame.. and you're also right that changes appear on the body with extensive shapeshifting. Also, I'm not saying that my knowledge of shifters and shapeshifting is absolute. But as a natural shifter who lives with four other shifter, and is friends/and has met with more than a few others, I do have the experience to speak of it and assume this or that from the pattern noted in all the shifters I've met. Nothing in this universe is definite, and this isn't either.. And also the sublte variations on the way someone shift, or how they utilize that energy are as various as the individuals who do it.
Elyon
Elyon
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next