Dreamer
Kahina
Victor
Aleina
Jonathan
Kalb
12 posters

Go down

Bellydance and Asetian Tradition. Empty Bellydance and Asetian Tradition.

Post by Kalb 06.01.10 7:57

The dance is a form of celebration and joy that both humans and some animals appear to use to express their feelings and emotions. As a form of communication, the dance can be a true universal language, as instinctively uses forms of body language that are common to many people. The Dance also has a strong religious connotation, erotic and sexual therapy.

In essence, the dance is a form of release and connection with the Divine source.

The movements of different parts of the body have a symbolic language, especially the mudras or hand gestures that awaken the codes entered into the collective unconscious.

There are many types of dances, and many religious use the dance to express many things.
In the Old Testament, there are reports of David's dance in veneration of the Ark of the Covenant. In the Eleusinian Mysteries of ancient Greece, were celebrated dance rituals and initiation. The dance of the Dervishes whirling Sufi is a mystic initiation ritual and religious. In Africa and in countries touched by African culture, such as Brazil, the Caribbean and the South, the dance is very much present in the rituals of Vodou, Candomble, Umbanda, etc.. The rain dances are very common in American Indians and some of the people of the desert. In the tradition of India, is very strong cult of Shiva in his manifestation of the king of dancers, or Nataraja. The cosmic dance of Shiva in his circle of fire is a celebration of creation, peace and renewal through destruction. The dance has a separate aesthetic, mystical, erotic, a manifestation of the primordial energy of Shakti. In the early days of Christianity, the churches included in their ritual dances, which were later banned by nature sensual and feminine.
Anyway, my main point here is Bellydance, caught my attention.

Historical evidence shows Egyptian tomb paintings dating from as far back as the fourteenth century BC that depict partially clad dancers whose callisthenic positions appear to be very similar to those used in belly dancing.

On my point of view, the Belly Dance was created by Asetians. The traditional Kemetic system is the first real religion of mankind, from where most of the modern doctrines found around the world trace some roots and draw many adapted dogmas and concepts (Page 61 AB).

Asetians are beings that living their own religion in a more free and personal way and I think the Bellydance is a good way to express their beliefs. Just look at the word that the Ancient Egyptians used for Magick: Heka - The power of Words, both written and spelled. Dance is a form of art too, a very spiritual one. Bellydance originated in the indigenous dances of Ancient Egypt.
For me it is obvious and clear that the Asetians created the Bellydance. I see a powerfull connection.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Bellydance and Asetian Tradition. Empty Re: Bellydance and Asetian Tradition.

Post by Jonathan 06.01.10 13:55

Great post Stalker, thanks for taking your time to write it. It does bring up the subject of bellydance and Asetians, who I do believe have a cultural connection.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleina 09.01.10 2:12

What an enlightening post, Stalker. Thank you for gathering all of this information.

I have to agree that I also believe that the Asetians were the ones who created the art of belly dance. In fact, I believe Aset Herself did, being the most beautiful Goddess of all, it is no surprise that the most ancient and sensual form of Art being created by Her Highness.
Aleina
Aleina
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-10-25

http://www.twitter.com/AleinaTheBitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 09.01.10 9:44

Good post, Stalker.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 09.01.10 12:35

Thank you.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahina 10.01.10 8:40

Greetings Stalker.

You have no ideia, how much I enjoy this post.

On a more general point of view, the origin of bellydance it's cloudy. Nobody knows for sure the origin of this art. There is no sufficient documents or records to prove anything.

But I share the same belief.
All the records of rituals, gatherings, all the subtle magic...

Great post!

Blessings,
Kahina.
Kahina
Kahina
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 29.03.10 21:49

Great information Stalker, thank you.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-04-27

http://www.twitter.com/BleedingDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 30.06.10 23:13

Informative post, Stalker.

When the subject of Asetians and belly dance are brought to my attention, I wonder deeply about how the Asetian women embrace this art form. I am sure that it is extremely different than the new-age approach to the art of belly dance. With much more magick and mystery involved to their every sway.

This post inspired me to open a thread on the discussion of belly dance and the women of the Aset Ka.
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by seeker 20.01.13 9:44

Great post Kalb, very informative and enjoyable. I agree with you, dance can be versatile. I see it as a form of spiritual art, it can be used for rituals, magic, healing and other purposes. It's one of my favorite tools to enter trance and heal myself. I often dance to give gratitude to higher beings who I feel connected to or healing purposes. In fact, it has helped in healing depression and finding a whole new perspective of life.

Belly dance is my favorite dance form, it's sensual and very powerful. I'm not a trained dancer, but I can do a little, strange because I knew it before I heard about it. Whenever I dance I feel a strong connection with myself, earth and the higher worlds. It's a special ritual where I can express my feminine nature through dance.
seeker
seeker
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2013-01-18

https://twitter.com/EternalDarkstar

Back to top Go down

Post by AkashaVanityUniverse 23.05.13 6:44

HELLO! AND THANK YOU KALB FOR THE WONDERFUL INFO! Very Happy
AkashaVanityUniverse
AkashaVanityUniverse
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-05-08

http://Akashavanity@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelahel 07.12.15 21:43

Great post!

I often thought the movement of the body and the flow of emotions while dancing, cleanses it and realigns it.

I have often wondered to myself if the Asetians were responsible for things such as the provision of advanced tools for those in Ancient Egypt to be able to carve their stones with such precision. It would make sense that they also offered innovations in dance and in other cultural aspects.

Thank you Kalb.
Leelahel
Leelahel
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by elizahawk 21.09.16 7:44

Good post and kind new to me without a thought about it. I use bellydance often around in my house when nobody's around. Being fully deaf myself but there's certain something I could not explain the feels needs to do bellydance sometimes. I enjoy the movement so much to stay flexible.
elizahawk
elizahawk
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2016-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 21.09.16 8:04

elizahawk wrote:Good post and kind new to me without a thought about it. I use bellydance often around in my house when nobody's around.  Being fully deaf myself but there's certain something I could not explain the feels needs to do bellydance sometimes.  I enjoy the movement so much to stay flexible.  

You're hearing impaired but still manage to bellydance? That's quite impressive.

I can see the connection between the fluid movement of bellydance and the art of Asetian vampires. Especially when understood as an expression of spirituality.

Doing it privately in your home is not an issue Eliza, in fact doing it not for the purpose of exhibition is probably the only way to make it truly spiritual. Just like you don't see magick rituals being performed publicly for an audience, real ones at least. Smile
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by elizahawk 21.09.16 9:59

Grew up in hearing family. Bonus? My sister who loves play interpret music. Any kind and she would dance. Along with learn yoga/meditation at early age too. Seen many movies that has bellydance include. For some reason I feel close to that type of dance than any others. As one or partner which is extremely rare. Least its where I draw energy from.
elizahawk
elizahawk
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2016-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 21.09.16 15:26

There's definitely a layer of spirituality and magick that can be tied to the practices of bellydance and other artistic formats. However I agree with Nightshade when she explains that magick is not aligned with exhibition. This community had its share of experiences with bellydancers among its members along the years that many surely remember and they can’t be generalized in a fair way, being all so different. From inspiring people that bring only the best in others to petty liars that thankfully have been caught and exposed years ago.

In the end its all about what you feel deep within and honoring that artistic spark in whatever form you chose to express it. Smile
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down