Physical Universe.

On the
Asetian tradition, the four elements are part of the Kemetic theology and can
be understood behind the concept of the Four Sons of Horus. Each of these
elementals that are entrusted with the control and mastery of one of the four
natural elements is part of the essence of Horus. - Asetian Bible

Well, I
have some question.. One of them is… Why Nephthys protects the fourth
elemental? Hapi. What is the relation between Horus and Nephthys?
Other thing that put me think is the Asetian history has always been triple. Not only because the primordial Elders created from the essence of Aset were three, but also considering they developed in three distinct ways; each with their own specific qualities, unbalances and characteristics, especially in an energetic way. (Page 101. - Asetian Bible)
(...) Each of these powerful elementals is also connected with a specific cardinal point, according to the way they can summoned, and they also manifest in a particular color on a subtle energy level(...)
Sooo,

- Yellow is the domiant color and the goddess Neith protects it.
- Red is the dominant color and the goddess Isis protects it.
- Blue is the dominant color and the goddess Serket protects it.
(Yellow, Red and Blue are primary color)

Do you have any ideia why goddess Neith and Serket protects the elements Duamutef and Qebehsenuf? What is your vision about Watchtowers?
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Watchtowers Empty Re: Watchtowers

Post by Pyrene 27.05.10 13:26

Stalker,

I should warn you that the color attributions to the Sons of Horus as used in the Asetian Tradition don't seem to have roots in ancient Kemet, but in modern ceremonial Magick. Usually, in Modern Magick, the colors attributed to the four aristotelian elements and the cardinal points are Yellow = Air = East, Red = Fire = South, Blue = Water = West, and Green (or sometimes Black) = Earth = North. As you can see, this modern system is simply applied to the symbology of the Four Sons of Horus, without regarding their meaning and their symbols (jackal, human, hawk, and baboon) in the ancient Kemetic religion(s).

An alternative system, which *is* based on Kemetic sources, is the following:
- Duamutef (jackal-headed), protected by Neith = White = East;
- Imseti (human), protected by Isis = Green = South;
- Qebehsenuf (hawk-headed), protected by Serket = Red = West;
- and Hapi (baboon-headed), protected by Nephthys = Yellow = North;

I found these color attributions in Wikipedia. But even though Wikipedia isn't, properly speaking, a "Kemetic source", it does have some very interesting information. I honestly invite you to visit this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_sons_of_Horus

This is the image in the same Wikipedia article:

Watchtowers 300px-Four_sons_of_Horus.svg

Besides, in the Papyrus of Ani there is a clear image where you can see the Sons of Horus, with precisely those colors I referred to. The only possible confusion is between Imseti (human) and Hapi (baboon), both appearing to be colored Green:

Watchtowers Fils_horus_ani

Regards,
Pyr.
Pyrene
Pyrene
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 27.05.10 13:42

Hi Stalker and thank you for your post. Smile

I believe the Four Sons of Horus represent the core foundations of the Universe. Which are also known as the 4 Elementals and the Watchtowers. They represent 4 very distinctive forces who govern and influence the physical plane.
The connections between each of this force (Son of Horus) and a deity, like Serket and Neith, has probably a deeper theological connection that only the initiates are aware, and taught within the Order of Aset Ka. We can speculate about it, but I don't think we can really know why those connections exist. Maybe each of those deities, while incarnated, would have the power to control such elements? Who knows... this is just wild guessing.
Either way, I find the subject of the Watchtowers very interesting, and how it can be applied and interpreted in terms of practical magick, invocation and energy manipulation. Together with the 7 Sacred Pillars I believe they represent to each Asetian very powerful tools to control and manipulate his environment by magickal means, as well as to understand the Universe itself.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3026
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 27.05.10 15:09

Thank you Jonathan.

Pyr, the clear image of Papyrus of Ani is very amazing. Thank you for sharing. I understand what you said and your point Jonathan. In reality i think we have some details. Goddess Neith is an Asetian Guardian, a warrior of Imperial Guard. Goddess Serket is a demon, Leader of Imperial Guard!
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by godofbattle 27.05.10 17:17

I would like to add that Nieth has also been compared to Isis and Bastet. Nieth is a war godess as well as she is seen as a mother figure or a nursing figure. Perhaps she is one of the many faces of Aset. Maybe this has something to do with that.
godofbattle
godofbattle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrene 29.05.10 5:45

Stalker wrote:In reality i think we have some details. Goddess Neith is an Asetian Guardian, a warrior of Imperial Guard. Goddess Serket is a demon, Leader of Imperial Guard!
That's an interesting detail. As you can see, both Neith and Serket correspond to opposite, or complementary, directions: East & West. The same happens with Aset (Isis) and Nephthys, who correspond to South & North. There was someone in this forum who said that Nephthys is like the "shadow" or "dark side" of Aset: and I tend to agree with that point of view, since it sheds some light on certain Kemetic images of those two goddesses.

See, for instance, this (unfortunately low-quality) image:

Watchtowers Osiris_&_isis_&_nephthys
Pyrene
Pyrene
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 30.05.10 17:02

godofbattle wrote:I would like to add that Nieth has also been compared to Isis and Bastet. Nieth is a war godess as well as she is seen as a mother figure or a nursing figure. Perhaps she is one of the many faces of Aset. Maybe this has something to do with that.

air fire wather eath , and sometimes soul or metal.
Depends on with theology......

"Some thing" has to hold the force of creation.... like the "Thoth" that "tinked" its self alive.
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 30.05.10 17:06

Pyrene wrote:
Stalker wrote:In reality i think we have some details. Goddess Neith is an Asetian Guardian, a warrior of Imperial Guard. Goddess Serket is a demon, Leader of Imperial Guard!
That's an interesting detail. As you can see, both Neith and Serket correspond to opposite, or complementary, directions: East & West. The same happens with Aset (Isis) and Nephthys, who correspond to South & North. There was someone in this forum who said that Nephthys is like the "shadow" or "dark side" of Aset: and I tend to agree with that point of view, since it sheds some light on certain Kemetic images of those two goddesses.

See, for instance, this (unfortunately low-quality) image:

Watchtowers Osiris_&_isis_&_nephthys

I call that balancing chaos.

Or Libra if you may prefer.
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 11.06.10 15:49

or yin and yang, its i fine balance between lite and dark, chaos and order, madness and truth. everything around you has a counter part......
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 11.06.10 15:50

Its the balance that's an art form.
Divine 277