Recommended readings/video's/interview's/web sites

+3
Nebibi
Aleina
Jonathan
7 posters

Go down

Recommended readings/video's/interview's/web sites Empty Recommended readings/video's/interview's/web sites

Post by N.Augusta 06.06.10 21:37

I have an idea, though I know not how to go about this. I was thinking, when you are new to this kind of information, it is seriously overwhelming.
So, I was thinking that it would be nice to have a detailed post for recommended readings, web sites, videos and interviews for several categories in which we all contribute to that will be easy to find. Having input from older members would also be incredibly helpful. As you all know, we cover a lot of subjects here...

Learning about crystals, and their usages: "The Crystal Bible" is a good book to have on hand.

Learning about chakra's: "The Chakra Bible" is a good book to start with.

Astral projection: As it has been recommended here, Robert Bruce is good source. He has a web site, a couple of books, and his interviews can be found on You Tube.

Ancient Egyptian videos, on the mystical side: Anything from John Anthony West, and or the "Pyramid Codex".

Of course there are numerous other topics, but I guess that is enough to get the post going. So please contribute so that we can all continue to help one another. Good idea? Yes? No?

Cheers!
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Recommended readings/video's/interview's/web sites Empty Re: Recommended readings/video's/interview's/web sites

Post by Jonathan 07.06.10 3:38

This is a good idea, thank you.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Recommended readings/video's/interview's/web sites Empty Re: Recommended readings/video's/interview's/web sites

Post by Aleina 07.06.10 4:12

Thank you for sharing that.
Aleina
Aleina
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-10-25

http://www.twitter.com/AleinaTheBitten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebibi 07.06.10 18:54

Good idea!

Here goes nothing:

http://drhawass.com/node/486
- Zahi Hawass is always posting new finds on Twitter, if you are interested please be sure to folllow!

http://www.hermetism.info/oht/public.html
- For all of you who are interested in Hermeticism this site is chock full of grimoires and other works in the occult.

http://www.psipog.net/articles.html
-This site (and many other Psionic sites) is helpful in terms of energy work, whether it be offensive, defensive, or healing

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/magical-egypt/
-This is very insightful

http://www.spiritualsatanist.com/occultbooks.html
- Although this site was created by a Satanist, Venus has posted up many grimoires, essays and other texts that can help a beginner into the occult.

I hope this was helpful, and I look forward to what everyone has to input.
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 07.06.10 20:37

Sacred-texts.com Is another good site with numerous amounts of books to read for FREE online
http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/index.htm <-- That section is for books on ancient Egypt.>
You can Find such books as the "Book of the Dead" and the "Pyramid Texts" there.
( I think it is a good place to start. There may be better versions, I really don't know.)
However, you can also find many other subjects on the site, such as on Thelema and Theosophy, Esoteric and Occult, and then
even check out info on UFO's and Free Masonry, etc. should you like :-)

And, if anyone stumbles on older posts that do have recommendations, then please copy and post them over here. That would be helpful too.

Thanks, for your input. I hope this will help to help others.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 08.06.10 17:27

Good idea, N. Augusta

I have some recommendations, but I prefer to wait until I go home to list them.

Here are some posts from the past that mention reading material:

There are many more, but I don't have the time right now. Ah, the woes of work...

RudraShiva wrote:Hello Laiko Su Katara.

If you want dark material, I will give you pretty nasty stuff. Nowadays there is an occult author who is getting very, very famous: E. A. Koetting.
He has 2 books on dark magic: Works of Darkness and Baneful Magick. The last one is about killing by magic. You can get information on his books on www.ixaxaar.com . Also he sometimes participates on www.evocationforums.com.

The Temple of the Black Light is pretty nasty too. Liber Falixfer is now a myth within the esoteric community. Very hard to find and VERY expensive, it is a book on VERY dark stuff.

Get some information on:
www.templeoftheblacklight.net

You also have the infamous Order of Nine Angles. A lot of their materials is available for free on the internet (look for "NAOS" and "The Order of Nine Angles: various manuscripts"). VERY interesting and one of my main influences.

You also have a very oriented ONA temple in America. In fact it is a "vampire temple" (although I would say they are not within the "vampire community"). They are called Tempel ov Blood and have very dark stuff too. Try to look for some of their material on the net.
If you donĀ“t find anything but still are interesting, try again www.ixaxaar.com , they have material available.

These are not "hippy darks" as Konstantinos, but the "real thing". This goes beyond "the occult" and will get you into the divine madness of reality. Be serious when approaching these three orders.

Arkanos wrote:Had an interesting, possibly illuminating dream the other morning -- my mind was telling me that certain centers of consciousness that were manifesting in my sleeping brain as productive characters toward understanding were in fact Neteru -- "gods", as it were. One might simply refer to them as archetypes, but what felt new was the recognition of a kind of centered consciousness behind the term; I've had this feeling before without naming it -- that, though certain elements in my dreams were obviously of my own construction, there were others that are more like doorways, themselves conscious somehow, and from a consciousness outside.

In any event, my imagination has been stirred and I'm looking into boning up on the Neteru and Egyptian religion, as well as Egyptian history, in general.

In searching the Internet, I've tripped across the existence of one Moustafa Gadalla, author, and I'm finding myself drawn to reading his works (and with an eye toward formulating in my mind possible tidbits of Asetianism).

One interesting thing that I had already been half-looking for was something that illuminated any existing parallels between Ancient Egyptians and the so-called gypsies (some of this partly by way recognizing that the Aset Ka is centered in Portugal and may have a more than a coincidental relation to them, though I really have no idea). That the author I mentioned has written a book on just this topic (entitled Egyptian Romany) I take as a clue that I really should read this guy.

Here's something interesting from that book's preface that I found online --

"Chapter two, Our Heavenly Mother, shows how Ancient Egypt and Iberia share the intense love for the Virgin Mother (known in Ancient Egypt as Auset (Isis) and in Christianity as Mary/Maria). A shortened version of the story of Auset and Ausar is presented, so as to draw parallels between the Ancient Egyptian Auset and the Virgin Mary. The role of Mary/Auset formed the basis for the matrilineal/matriarchal societal framework. This chapter also show the role of the bull in Ancient Egypt and Iberia, and that the practices of bullfights and running of the bulls in Iberia can only be found in Ancient Egypt, since at least 5,000 years ago."

Very suggestive! Also, I find it more than interesting that the original meaning of KA (so I've read) is "bull."

I'm curious to know who on these forums might have read the author mentioned and could possibly recommend him. Also, I'm wondering if there are any books (besides the AB, of course, and besides Egyptian source-texts, which I am looking into) that posters here have found helpful in (possibly!) teasing out a peculiarly Asetian comprehension.

Many thanks.

Maxx wrote:I had forgotten about some of E.A Koetting materials as I had come across them in the past. Since your reminder, I have reserved a new copy of Baneful Magick when it comes out in the fall of this year.

Then my next read will be the Liber Falixfer. I see it is up for 140 euros.

Do you have either of these tomes?

Maxx

Maxx wrote:I might give you some of M. Fords words from his book of Luciferian Witchcraft....Authors Note.....

The book of the Serpent is a grimoire which presents, refines and explores a modern appoach to the Adversary and Magick. In most recent times we have seen the shadow aspects of man and woman being pushed to the side, denied and hidden away. So-called Witches ignore their roots and foundations, placing credit in unbalanced perceptions of a Light and Fluffy world of blantant inconsistencies and little if any magical practice or power. Let me first state the intentions of the grimoire as it is here presented. The aim of the witch or sorcerer is to build a foundation of balance that is by material and spiritual aims. Do not ignore either as one cannot trully develop properly if consistency is not shown. Discipline applied with the triad of Will-Desire-Belief is essential in creating individual systems of sorcery. As a Luciferian, I decided early on based on my developing work that I could adhere to no single system, as my dreams guided me elsewhere. As i began practicing Magick based on what I perceived and appreciated from Aleister Crowley, Anton Szandor LaVey and Austin Osman Spare as well as the grimoire tradititons, my own formulation of the Witches Sabbat as a living initiatory model could be founded. The Adversary of Satan speaks to us in dreams, it is made viable in our blood and our individual lives. The challenges of Luciferian Witchcraft are many; it is a path where the practitioner becomes like Cain who leaves an outsted or solitary life outside the natural order of the world around us. The witch becomes different from all others and holds pride in that fact. The path challenges, continually making the self stronger, better and a little more knowledgable - Magickal power comes firstly within and through the actual application of practice.
This book is meant as an introduction and complete grimoire into the Left hand path of Witchcraft, the gnosis of the fallen angels and the very powers of both darkness and light. Please take care, when you first step within and cast the circle of Cain, be prepared to change, willing to dive the depths of your own created hell and form the world according to your will.
There are no words which I may write here to describe what will come of your journey through Luciferian Witchcraft, only that you shall awaken something which you may or may not be prepared to deal with. I take no responsibility for the misuse of this grimoire; I treat it a s a living Daemon Cunning Craft, to Persian Yatuvidah and Ahrimanic Magick, to Sethanic Adversarial rites-- the path grows and expands through darkness as a torch first seen in the dead of night.

So there you have his words. He indicates that his type of magick is of the magick of Seth or Set. He throughly believes in what he is doing and certainly is no slouch in what he brings to the forefront.

"This is not a path of prayer and supplication, but recognition of the sorcerer's own inherant powers. The forces of Darkness are called upon as a means of self-expression, self-empowerment, and self-deification. This is something common to many paths of genuine magick and sorcery, from the possession cults of Voodoo to the "god forms" of the Golden Dawn. The various Archetypes, or Mysteries, are called into focus through ritual."

I hope this will give you, Talibah, and those who know nothing of what we have been talking about, a little more info as to what Mr. Ford will advocate.

There is no comparison between this man and M. Bellinger. Both write books. All books are written to make a profit. But there is no comparison
as to the result and efforts taken to complete those books. M. Fords main person he was taken with, as I understand it, was Austin Osman Spare who has extensive writings out there you might want to look at.

Maxxx

Maxx wrote:There are many asking questions about various things here and it seems as if many are really seeking direction in their life. In addition to the Asetian Bible, which all here should have a copy, I think an excellent little tome to use as a follow up would be "The Kybalion". It is a study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece. Says the author was Hermes or Thoth. More than likely the present little book was put together by Paul Case and two others. But........It has the seven truths that all religions or groups use to advance individually. It is worth the effort to consider the writing within. And well worth your time.

My effort to help before you ask..............think about it. Wink
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 09.06.10 3:21

Some of my suggestions:

- The Tree of Life, an Annotated Study in Magic, by Israel Regardie
- Liber Null & Psychonaut, by Peter J. Carroll (Chaos Magic)
- Initiation into Hermetics, by Franz Bardon
- Thelema for Heretics, by Gerald del Campo
- The Book of Thoth, by Aleister Crowley
- Isis Unveiled, by H.P. Blavatsky
- The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt, by Richard H. Wilkison

Also, in the Asetian Bible you can find a bibliography that can come in very handy.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 09.06.10 7:18

This is the only site I can think to recommend that hasn't been listed yet:

http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/

It has all sorts of Ancient Egypt info in an easy to navigate fashion and also includes an extensive hieroglyph section, which reminds me of one other site:

http://hieroglyphs.net/

This one's a very in depth website all about hieroglyphs. Includes a dictionary in English and Hieroglyphics (transliteration searching of course).
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by AndreiaLi 10.06.10 3:48

I loved all of your suggestions. I thank you for the sharing Smile
AndreiaLi
AndreiaLi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 10.06.10 23:40

Thank you all so much for your contributions. This is awesome...
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down