+3
Laura
Daniel09
Divine 277
7 posters

Go down

Inner Self Empty Inner Self

Post by Laura 07.08.10 18:40

Just thought it would be interesting to share and talk about how each one of us get in contact with our Inner Self. I know it can be very personal at times, but would help to get some ideas on how to do it.
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Inner Self Empty Re: Inner Self

Post by Laura 07.08.10 18:48

It seems only fair if I begin the sharing......
To get in contact with my inner self I begin by meditating, focuss all of my will until the outside world has nomeaning or importance any more. After that I start having a feeling of falling from a great hight (might have to do with the fact that I killed myself this way in a past life), and I see myself falling. The thing is I never hit the ground, at the point where I should hit the ground I begin to go through it, kind of like busying myself in the ground. After a while I keep on falling but it is as if the world urnned around and instead of going deeper into the earth I am going out. Finally I find myself on a beach, with the ocean a blue/violet color, the sun is about to set and there I find I can liten to my Inner Self.....
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 10.08.10 14:45

I'm sorry, I'm not ready to sheer that information ..

Sincerely Divine 277
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura 10.08.10 15:25

I understand, as I said, I know it can be very personal at times. And notice I do not comment about what I learn from my Inner Self, just how I make the contact with it. But thanks anyway Divine
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 10.08.10 15:42

Smile
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 10.08.10 15:42

you are very welcome Smile
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 12.08.10 15:56

It just happens sometimes. Everything feels a certain clarity, and my personality is a bit careless toward other people. It is kind of like merely existing as myself, no emotions, no cares, just living and finding pleasant things to do with my time, though honestly my memory is hazy when it comes to that.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura 12.08.10 21:36

Thanks for sharing Dan!
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebibi 17.08.10 11:25

Interesting..
I have a memory, or dying as well, or perhaps it was an initiation I am not sure.
I am underwater and then everything disappears, I havent gone further than this but something tells me this will lead me towards my inner self.
I have tried meditating on it and havent gone so far.
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura 17.08.10 17:46

I did not find it easy to get over the falling sensation...... Took me a long time to be able to get over it.... I used to be meditating and when I started to fall I would stop the meditation.... What might be of some help is letting go of your fears....
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebibi 17.08.10 21:05

Laura, I have also felt this 'falling' sensation, but I dont know if I should blame it on a past moment or perhaps it is the energy body leaving the physical one..
I usually feel this before waking, and I also feel the sense of flying. Perhaps it is different for us both.

But yes, recently reaching my inner self has been hard, but it is well worth it.
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 20.08.10 3:16

A technique I have used some times and which has often been successful is to, after a relaxation exercise, imagine a stairway going up into your mind, towards the third eye. Once you are fully relaxed, breathing properly and concentrated, you visualize yourself going up this stairway. At the top there is a door (which you can imagine any way it fancies you). Concentrate on opening this door, then step out towards the unknown Smile
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura 21.08.10 0:08

Thank you Syrianeh! Very useful and good technique
I used to do it that way also, but the stairs went down, into the depths of my inner self.... just depends on one's perspective. But I found that falling into my true self works a bit better for me
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 21.08.10 3:37

Laura wrote:Thank you Syrianeh! Very useful and good technique
I used to do it that way also, but the stairs went down, into the depths of my inner self.... just depends on one's perspective. But I found that falling into my true self works a bit better for me

Are you saying that the inner self and the true self are separate realms for you?
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura 25.08.10 20:47

No, just using them as sinonims
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 26.08.10 2:07

Ok! Smile
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by xnotus 26.10.13 8:36

The inner self has many aspects. It would take a lifetime to discover everything about who we are. Its ironic. To keep in touch with our inner self we must always be in pursuit of self discovery. Meditation is a brilliant way to do so.

Question everything you do. Look at your past, present. Define your existence and what it means to you.

We are forever changing. Our primal instinct pushes us to break ourselves down and rebuild stronger. This is how survival works. We change and adapt to the world around us. Each day we experience new things and learn new things thus our self gains more depth to explore.

To be truly in touch with the self requires us to clear ourselves of all delusions. Whether we admit it or not there will always be things we do not like about who we are and we need to courage to face them with truth.

The key here is constant pursuit. If you wish to know your inner self you must look into yourself.

I have a meditation technique where I visualize myself on a high remote mountain and into the void is my inner self. As I look into the void I dissect my thoughts and feelings.
xnotus
xnotus
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 26.10.13 12:17

Laura, I use a falling sensation to 'fall' from the grasp of the physical realm into a trance where I can connect with my spirit self.

Usually I will imagine my third eye looking inwards, and then collapsing and becoming my ethereal body to connect with my inner self. This technique usually takes me various places within my mind, the most common being a library, a forest, and a mountain range.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: