Awareness (open your eyes)

+2
Syrianeh
Helliana
6 posters

Go down

Awareness (open your eyes) Empty Awareness (open your eyes)

Post by Nebibi 03.10.10 17:49

Em Hotep,

I simply want to remind everyone that awareness is key on this path. I have been reading the recent posts and feel that a short reminder wouldn't hurt. I will not judge anyone, since everyone's mind is a separate world, but frankly a little awareness and self 'inspection' would not hurt anyone. This goes for those who claim to be something without studying it, for those who lie, for those who deceive just to be deceitful. I also stress that Asetians surely do not want followers and those who like to 'preach to the choir' need a serious reality check.

May your eyes, mind and soul be opened.
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Awareness (open your eyes) Empty Re: Awareness (open your eyes)

Post by Helliana 04.10.10 9:48

A good, true reminder for growth upon an individual's path and a gentle way of giving a dose of reality back to people as opposed to what reality itself could actually do.
Helliana
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebibi 04.10.10 9:55

Helliana I simply refuse to see anyone else I truly care for leave just because people want to fuel their ego's.
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 04.10.10 10:01

to quote Master Luis Marques:

When you lie, there is only one person you are letting down: yourself.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 04.10.10 11:09

I too would like to add something that I feel is important for us all to remember. I think it is very important to refrain from excessive usage of generalizations especially when it comes to trying to further understand the Asetians. When we overly generalize the Asetians, not only do we set our own false self-chosen limitations on them, but we completely limit our capacity for understanding them. And actually, by overly generalizing, we are also misleading others to assume accuracy of falsely claimed opinionated assumptions.

Here is some text form the AB about lineages, "It can easily be perceived that it is not possible to define a whole accurate line of personality for the Asetian vampires. Like everyone else they are very diverse, but some hallmarks are easily found within their own culture." (page 95)

"The following definitions and concepts, about the three Asetian lineages, are just a framework in an attempt to categorize the bloodlines. It is by no means final, static or decisive. The vampires from a specific lineage are not expected to have all the conditions described below, and they sure have different characteristics that are not mentioned in these texts." Further down in the paragraph, it also states, "This does not mean that there cannot be an Asetian from one of these lineages who does not possess those characteristics or simply does not fit in the model because, as stated, it is just a very simple approach to the Asetian framework, which is not supposed to be firmly defined by words." (Page 103) For more on this, please go back and read the last paragraph on page 103, I won't post the whole paragraph.

Thus, we can conclude that not all Asetians are XYZ, not all Viperines are XYQ, not all Guardians are XYX, not all Concubines are XYY. Every Asetian is his or her own individual.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 04.10.10 12:41

Well said, N. I think it can be vaguely compared to an ethnicity. While most Jewish people have say, big noses, not all have the big noses and they are not a defining characteristic, just a hallmark. ^^
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebibi 04.10.10 14:20

N, I completely agree, and to be honest we have all fallen prey to this.

Meditation and discussion of the lineages is fine, but as you have noted we must open our minds in order to understand them (as much as we possibly can). Let us not limit our minds, and let us not insult the Asetians by limiting their bodies, souls, and minds. They are much more than a list of characteristics.

Thank you N, for pointing that out, it is something to always keep in mind when studying Asetianism.
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 04.10.10 23:06

It is important not to define an Asetian or his Lineage by just a list of characteristics, that is true, but it is also important to keep in mind their most fundamental hallmarks.
It is very easy for any of us to relate with some of the characteristics of a Lineage, but when it comes to a few details that can be more extreme and defined about them, we think oh well these are just guidelines, an Asetian doesn't need to have all those characteristics. I'm sure many do this and think this way, very particularly when it comes to the Guardian Lineage, that is so extreme and different from all humans, but at the same time so attractive and alluring... it might be easy to think that we also care for love, that we are also protective and all that, and dismiss their most deep and extreme characteristics simply because we don't have them or can't understand them. That's a mistake.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 04.06.11 7:53

I agree with you Jonathan, and those are good points you mention as well. This was a good thread, and awareness is always a topic that must be revisited. Smile
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 04.06.11 7:54

Oh also, I think this would be a good thread for a sticky.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 04.06.11 9:06

Thank you, and I agree with you.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down