Helliana
Saylamine
Aghrab
12 posters

Go down

Greetings to All Empty Greetings to All

Post by Vrykolakas 05.10.08 14:59

Greetings,

My (nick-)name is Vrykolakas and I'm a new member of this forum. One of my favorite subjects of study is Vampirism and all vampire-related folklore, and I wish to exchange some knowledge and/or experiences about these issues.

Also, I would like to deepen my – still weak – understanding of what Aset Ka and the Asetian Tradition really are, since I was introduced to this subject very recently.

Regards,
Vrykolakas
Vrykolakas
Vrykolakas
Banned

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Greetings to All Empty Re: Greetings to All

Post by Aghrab 05.10.08 15:02

Welcome to the community, Vrykolakas. It is never too late to learn what the Order Aset Ka is. I am sure you will learn a lot in this forum.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Saylamine 05.10.08 21:03

Em hotep and welcome Vrykolakas. Pharaoh I hope you enjoy your stay in the forum.
Saylamine
Saylamine
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Helliana 05.10.08 23:45

Hello and welcome Vrykolakas, enjoy your time while here.
Helliana
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 06.10.08 4:15

Welcome to the forum!!

Are you Greek, as your nick implies?

I too hope you find a lot of enlightening information here. I certainly did.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrykolakas 06.10.08 13:57

Hello Syrianeh,

No, I'm not Greek. However, I *do* love the Greek history, language, and mythology Smile

Best regards,
Vrykolakas
Vrykolakas
Vrykolakas
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellen 07.10.08 0:21

Hello Vrykolakas ,

welcome to the forum .

Indeed the etimology is not greek but very possibly serbian (vylx + dlaka which means 'with wolf hair' ) and because it's a mythical being found in much in romanian lore it could be born also from daco-getic prehistoric mythology through the cult of the wolf.

Hellen
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 07.10.08 10:25

Welcome Vrykolakas. Nice that you could make it to the forum.

As far as the Greek mythology and history goes, I personally feel it sucks. Twisted Evil
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrykolakas 07.10.08 13:59

Hi Hellen,

Hellen wrote:Indeed the etimology is not greek but very possibly serbian (vylx + dlaka which means 'with wolf hair' ) and because it's a mythical being found in much in romanian lore it could be born also from daco-getic prehistoric mythology through the cult of the wolf.
Yes, I've also heard of that theory. Isn't there a romanian word --possibly meaning werewolf or vampire-- somewhat similar to "Vrykolakas", like Vărcolaci or something like that?

Thanks!
V.
Vrykolakas
Vrykolakas
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellen 07.10.08 15:50

Vrykolakas wrote:Hi Hellen,

Hellen wrote:Indeed the etimology is not greek but very possibly serbian (vylx + dlaka which means 'with wolf hair' ) and because it's a mythical being found in much in romanian lore it could be born also from daco-getic prehistoric mythology through the cult of the wolf.
Yes, I've also heard of that theory. Isn't there a romanian word --possibly meaning werewolf or vampire-- somewhat similar to "Vrykolakas", like Vărcolaci or something like that?

Thanks!
V.

Yes ,this is the plural , the singular is Varcolac .
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Maktub 09.10.08 15:23

Vrykolakas wrote:
My (nick-)name is Vrykolakas and I'm a new member of this forum. One of my favorite subjects of study is Vampirism and all vampire-related folklore, and I wish to exchange some knowledge and/or experiences about these issues.

Also, I would like to deepen my – still weak – understanding of what Aset Ka and the Asetian Tradition really are, since I was introduced to this subject very recently.
You came to the right place then. Welcome to Vampirism community, it is always a pleasure to see new members joining the group.

Victor wrote:
As far as the Greek mythology and history goes, I personally feel it sucks. Twisted Evil
Come on... the Greeks are the biggest culture robbers in history of mankind. Laughing

Maktub
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 09.10.08 16:09

Welcome to the forum, Vrykolakas. I hope you'll find what you're looking for.

The Greeks are fairly closer than the Romans.

The Greeks were physically influenced by the Kemetic tradition, but they were also great admirers of their mysteries. We can obviously state that if we stare at all the pictures with Kemetic symbols (that mostly they didn't even understand), giving birth to a great deal of thoughts. Pythagoras, for instance, was highly influenced by the Kemetic Mathematicians. Of course these "Kemetic Mathematicians" weren't only mathematicians, but also architects, artists, alchemists, astrologists, etc. Back Then, all Sciences worked as a Whole. Well, the Pythagoreans were deeply esoteric and metaphyisical. If you go check their beliefs, you'll see some coincidences.
Of course this had to bring us to a man called Plato. He was highly interested in Kemeticism, studying them a lot. He was also influenced by the Pythagoreans, so he must have had quite a lot to study about. People can say whatever they want, but Plato was the origin of Hermeticism. Hermiticism is Rosacrucianism, Freemasonry, Esoteric Christianity, etc. From nothing, we started talking about Christianity. Well, the origin is a mad man, who claimed the name Akhenaten.

The origin, is the Origin.

Then the Romans stole the Greeks.

Laughing

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 09.10.08 18:11

Karnath wrote:Welcome to the forum, Vrykolakas. I hope you'll find what you're looking for.

The Greeks are fairly closer than the Romans.

The Greeks were physically influenced by the Kemetic tradition, but they were also great admirers of their mysteries. We can obviously state that if we stare at all the pictures with Kemetic symbols (that mostly they didn't even understand), giving birth to a great deal of thoughts. Pythagoras, for instance, was highly influenced by the Kemetic Mathematicians. Of course these "Kemetic Mathematicians" weren't only mathematicians, but also architects, artists, alchemists, astrologists, etc. Back Then, all Sciences worked as a Whole. Well, the Pythagoreans were deeply esoteric and metaphyisical. If you go check their beliefs, you'll see some coincidences.
Of course this had to bring us to a man called Plato. He was highly interested in Kemeticism, studying them a lot. He was also influenced by the Pythagoreans, so he must have had quite a lot to study about. People can say whatever they want, but Plato was the origin of Hermeticism. Hermiticism is Rosacrucianism, Freemasonry, Esoteric Christianity, etc. From nothing, we started talking about Christianity. Well, the origin is a mad man, who claimed the name Akhenaten.

Then the Romans stole the Greeks.

Laughing

Best regards,
Karnath.
The Greeks were physically influenced by the Kemetic tradition, but they were also great admirers of their mysteries.
They were much more than physically influenced, of course they were also spiritually influenced.
. . . pictures with Kemetic symbols (that mostly they didn't even understand)
How do you know what they understood and didn't? I don't find that a fair examination of this scenario.
But there is so little proof of these origins, scientists to this day all argue between Sumerian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Indian origins of things, there just isn't any positive scientific proof yet.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Greetings to All Empty confused regarding comment

Post by Maxx 09.10.08 20:01

I am confused after reading your comment below.

People can say whatever they want, but Plato was the origin of Hermeticism. Hermiticism is Rosacrucianism, Freemasonry, Esoteric Christianity, etc. From nothing, we started talking about Christianity. Well, the origin is a mad man, who claimed the name Akhenaten

Are you saying that Plato and Akhenaten were one and the same and insane? I am not able to follow that thought yet?

Thanks,

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 10.10.08 12:49

A'nen Sedjet wrote:
Karnath wrote:
But there is so little proof of these origins, scientists to this day all argue between Sumerian, Assyrian, Egyptian, Indian origins of things, there just isn't any positive scientific proof yet.
Maybe you should not rely so much in what scientists claim. Science has become numb in modern times, unaware and blind. Besides, this is no place for direct scientific proof, since science itself denies the greatest forces that we deal with in here, as subtle energy as the core and framework of life and magick.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Elendor 10.10.08 16:46

I will create a thread to give more chance for this subject to be debated in a proper place, out of the Off Topic section.

Maktub did an amazing post, which I thank him for, that actually brought up quite important questions on which all of us should dwell into.

Maybe more of a scholarly inclined thread, not much metaphysical in content, but great subject.

I will copy that part to another thread... please follow it there. Meanwhile this one becomes locked, for organization purposes.

Elendor
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-06-01

https://www.vampirismforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: