Kate
Talibah
Nebibi
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Asetian Bible - poor grammar - Page 2 Empty Re: Asetian Bible - poor grammar

Post by AndreiaLi 02.08.11 17:25

Are you so desperate to get attention? that you need to use grammar as a subject to get attention? I would like to see how is your grammar in other languages that are not your native ones.
AndreiaLi
AndreiaLi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 02.08.11 17:37

AndreiaLi wrote:Are you so desperate to get attention? that you need to use grammar as a subject to get attention? I would like to see how is your grammar in other languages that are not your native ones.

No need to get flippant, AndreiaLi. If someone upsets you, it is better to ignore him/her rather than give them the attention you think he/she is seeking.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 02.08.11 19:05

Andreia, I think he is entitled to his opinion, as long as he explains it in a respectful way.

Grammar is indeed secondary when compared to the content, layers and depth of an occult book, particularly one on spirituality. But like I explained in my previous post in this thread, those details he considers poor grammar can be pure metaphysical beauty if you understand what I have explained. Something very special, not bad at all. Smile

Maybe it's a beauty only for some to see and few to feel.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 03.08.11 1:23

Asking questions is always a good way of obtaining answers. But sometimes, we can become so intent on creating those questions, that we loose sight of what we actually wanted to understand in the first place...thus, paradoxically, moving further away from any answer.

Some questions are there to be asked out loud and discussed and pondered over. This is healthy, and an excellent way to bond together those who share a common interest. But some, are for inward contemplation. It is worth taking the time to discover the secrets behind this I think.

Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by AndreiaLi 03.08.11 11:08

I know I understood after I posted I got a bit carried away. I apologize.
AndreiaLi
AndreiaLi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 03.08.11 11:17

AndreiaLi wrote:I know I understood after I posted I got a bit carried away. I apologize.
No need to apologize. I understand and respect your passion over this subject. Smile
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Akh -Ba 09.08.11 13:26

Good to see so many thoughts around this. Im not a god speller either but i think its better not to judge by words but just read and understand the teachings in the AB. and not be caught up by grammar mistakes. who knows maybe it is not mistakes at all but, just an spiritual uplift if you can get the meaning of the sentence right..

Im just saying this to take the topic at the border; that maybe the analphabets have an upper hand when they read it...............

Just adding my thoughts too.

Akh -Ba

Akh -Ba
Akh -Ba
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Hierophant 20.08.11 7:56

I just wanted to clarify, that it was only an observation.

I was not trying to infer the metaphysical knowledge imparted was in error or inferior.

They say the Koran is the most beautiful and poetic book of the Arabic language. But Mohammed was illiterate. He simply relayed the verses and scribes wrote them down.

There is no shame in employing editors, or improving the language. Perhaps they can release a 2nd edition in future.

Hierophant
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 20.08.11 8:07

Hierophant wrote:I just wanted to clarify, that it was only an observation.

I was not trying to infer the metaphysical knowledge imparted was in error or inferior.

They say the Koran is the most beautiful and poetic book of the Arabic language. But Mohammed was illiterate. He simply relayed the verses and scribes wrote them down.

There is no shame in employing editors, or improving the language. Perhaps they can release a 2nd edition in future.

It is referenced within the book that there will be follow-up versions.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Xedoc 29.08.11 19:04

Not all the people interesting in the Aset Ka Bible are borned in countries which english is the first language. I'm from Portugal living in France and as you can see none of these countries use English. Luis Marques didn't use poor grammar, he just used the right grammer to people who are not especialized in English. Like me Smile. I understand english, i read english, i write english. There are a lot of words that i need to translate, if i have had to translate all the book thanks to the rich grammer i would be fucked up. Smile

Luis words are incredible, he is the best writter in the world in my opinion and i'm not saying this just because he is an Asetian, i would say the same thing even if he was human.

He's just perfect!
Xedoc
Xedoc
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Hioman 29.08.11 20:25

No word in the Asetian Bible is unnecessary or brought in vain.

Its language is consistent, concise and simple.

However, only the most attentive observers, who see with the eyes of the heart and soul, are able to feel the true essence that exists between every syllable, every word, every line, every paragraph, every page of this Sacred Book.

Its Author at the same time speaks for many, as well as for few. Shines the Sacred Heka for those who feel and understand Its contents.
Writing is only one way to implement and materialize a Sacred Knowledge ...that is the Ancient Asetianism.

At most, Its language for the popular mass is shown as more one book of the occult to be studied.

I found very disrespectful the statemente that said that the Asetian Bible has a "poor grammar".

Have more respect for what you read. Because you will want others to have the same respect for what you write.

Criticize, but constructively and respectfully.
Hioman
Hioman
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hioman 29.08.11 20:28

And i also agree fully with Stalker, Talibah and sungodaurora.
Hioman
Hioman
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hierophant 30.08.11 3:27

Xedoc wrote:Not all the people interesting in the Aset Ka Bible are borned in countries which english is the first language. I'm from Portugal living in France and as you can see none of these countries use English. Luis Marques didn't use poor grammar, he just used the right grammer to people who are not especialized in English. Like me Smile.

Don't peddle Bullshit.

There are very strict rules for the English language. It's difficult. None of us are experts. The grammar used is poor in relation the standards set in the basic English language.

If I started writing in broken Portuguese, you wouldn't include that as acceptable standard for your language.

I'm about half way through the bible. I've even found wrong words used like 'thought' instead of 'though' etc.

I was taught in High School to correct bad grammar. When we write assignments, we have to correct our own grammar. My wife is better than me and checks my assignments.

Luis needs to exploy a better proof reader or editor, it's that simple.

Look, it may be that I have a low tolerance for this stuff. In the workplace I proof read my Employer's letters and correct them too. I'm always the guy who actually reads the contracts and points out the errors. We've had some of the largest Insurance companies in the world in our office bring me stuff, and I will say to their face: Look you made a mistake here and there (in their official publications).

I've read the 'Psychic Vampire Codex" and the language used is perfect. Except the content of the book is garbage.

I'm really enjoying the content of the Asetian Bible, but the reality is it needs a reprint to correct spelling and grammar mistakes.

Hierophant
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata Anika Asti 30.08.11 4:24

I understand all points being made in this discussion. Yet, I feel this is getting out of hand and doesn't warrant any further debate. There are grammatical rules to every written language that should be followed, particularly in business and scholastic environments. Unless something in the universe has changed to which I have become oblivious, the Asetian Bible is generally not going to be found in either setting aforementioned. Quite frankly, the "errors" within the Asetian Bible are not important. If the message or any "hidden" meaning is meant for a soul to comprehend, it will be understood in any visible medium of communication; even cuneiform. On another note, some of the defense of grammatical error contains a cacophonous sentiment eerily similar to the fundamentalist type of following this forum conclusively protests. Debate is one thing, supercilious airs are quite another. If there were to be a member of the Aset Ka reading any of this thread, I personally believe they would be laughing in disgust. Asetians, whether lost or within the organization at this point in history are not weak, nor do they need defense, especially not with something as minor as grammar. From all I have learned thus far, I would think any lost Asetian or Asetianist would be better served using energy to continue on the path of enlightenment.
Sinata Anika Asti
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 30.08.11 5:09

Talibah wrote:If all you are seeing and concentrating on in the Asetian Bible, are details of grammar, then you are not really seeing it at all.

There are some things which have been written with specific intentions in mind, but these are not of a grammatical nature.

Try not to let language, in all its forms, become a barrier to your understanding.

I love you
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 30.08.11 5:57

I agree Sinata, this has gotten way out of hand. This has become ridiculous!

Hierophant, obviously, is interested in learning about this knowledge thus he spent earned money on the book and is trying to participate on the forum. Wink He noticed some errors/flaws in the AB and expressed that, which also proves he is paying attention while reading it. Wink He has made it clear already (a couple of times) that he was not trying to offend anyone, just was stating an observation. Any additional post was a poke at his opinion and that is not right! Those errors/flaws (or whatever we want to call them) are there. So, drop it already! Don't ostracize and turn away a seeker.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hierophant 30.08.11 6:35

N.Augusta wrote:I agree Sinata, this has gotten way out of hand. This has become ridiculous!

Hierophant, obviously, is interested in learning about this knowledge thus he spent earned money on the book and is trying to participate on the forum. Wink He noticed some errors/flaws in the AB and expressed that, which also proves he is paying attention while reading it. Wink He has made it clear already (a couple of times) that he was not trying to offend anyone, just was stating an observation. Any additional post was a poke at his opinion and that is not right! Those errors/flaws (or whatever we want to call them) are there. So, drop it already! Don't ostracize and turn away a seeker.

Thank you! Very Happy

I'm even happy for mods to close thread if they wish.

Hierophant
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata Anika Asti 30.08.11 9:16

Clap
Sinata Anika Asti
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 30.08.11 9:51

Good to see strong minds working together again on this forum. Smile
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 30.08.11 12:28

What I do find silly is a 3 page long thread over something insignificant.

You're all too worried about surface instead of dedicating to the study of content and its many layers.

I understand that every language has its own set of rules, but let me tell you a little secret from someone who has been in the occult for some decades now. The occult has its own language, wether be it manifested through the aid of English, Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese. That language is the language of energy and symbol. This might be confusing to students of linguistics but it is quite clear to occultists. The language used in the occult is meant to bend thought and to touch places of the mind and spirit that regular language can't reach. This is far from being exclusive to the Aset Ka. Michael Ford has many published books, some have decent content, but they are all plagued with grammatical issues and a nightmare in structure. Yet, English is his main language, something I am sure he masters. There are so many other examples. Even Aleister Crowley himself, in many of his wanderings through the realms of Old English is known for language errors of every dimension.
I find it hard to believe that all of those occultists are doing language mistakes. It goes far deeper than that, and each true occult writer has a language of his own. Yes, they do bend the rules of language, but if you feel insulted by that, you need to rethink your foundations in order to understand the occult. That is what magick is, to bend reality. To alter and change what others find static. Like you said, rules… but occultists are not governed by rules. They attain such mastery, freedom and wisdom, that rules is something to govern those who can't think different.
That is called genius…

Keep in mind that I am not defending anything or attacking anyone. Just helping you by pointing you in the right direction.

Now I do agree that this thread could be locked. After all, lets all focus on what truly matters, and may this have served at least the purpose to teach something.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sybil Mason 30.08.11 13:44

I do agree, and since the thread starter mentioned it, I will respectfully lock the thread.

I leave you all with a quote from the last post in this thread which I found to have an interesting message for those willing to plunge deeper into the Occult.

It's a text that deserves to be quoted over and over again.

Victor wrote:That is what magick is, to bend reality. To alter and change what others find static. Like you said, rules… but occultists are not governed by rules. They attain such mastery, freedom and wisdom, that rules is something to govern those who can't think different.
That is called genius…

Sybil Mason
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2011-02-02

https://www.vampirismforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down