Faithful to freedom.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Faithful to freedom.

Post by Kalb on 29.11.11 19:25

There is a moment in our life when we stop to think and meditate on everything we did and said, surely a moment that only happens once in a lifetime. It is at this time that we decided to accept ourself or not. For example, Steve Jobs had many opportunities to follow a different path, but he chose to believe in their capacities and forces. He worked and been involved in such way that changed the world view, he believed it would be possible to create something special to special people. I believe that Steve Jobs had that moment to reflect and meditate before act in any thing, he decided to trust in their instincts and power ... A choice he took it seriously until his last days of life... and the truth is that he never cared about the competition .. Because he always appreciated his work, was faithful to him. Many are giving due weight to Steve Jobs, a value that many had not the courage to give it before. The apple users have always been loyal to their operating system, marveling and enjoying themselves. Now, take this example to Asetianism. The Asetians back and gave us information to drink from the original source, knowledge of the Gods, knowledge and research of their own effort, was a gift. A very small part of the world see and accept this drink, devoting himself by body and soul, following his instincts and thirst ... marveling and enjoying. We know that there are many other sources out there, but we feel good here, comfortable and happy. This does not make us blind, but dedicated and loyal to our beliefs. We believe that each word of Asetian is a update to our system operation and each update means Evolution. Just like your computer, when you see the list of update you can choice what update or not, you can ignore all list or accept all without check. It's a choice that you make. In Asetianism i do not believe that we accept all updates without first meditate and see them. Because we drink something that put our thirst confortable .. Not drink something that put our thirst ignorant. This act by itself made us Free to choose and accept what we ready to accept. The freedom that we have makes us very strong.
When this happens .. What is the thing that we give more value to a person who is free? I wish had a response from you on this question.
To me, is the Presence of being. It's so Magic how we feel a strong empathy in a free mode, a wonderful connection. In Ancient times, Asetians felt that was time to fall into the mist, was a time where the connection with physical world was broken, a sad time where the world lost the Wisdom of Throne. Now, with the arrival of Asetians, new doors began to open. We perceive and feel the presence of Asetians around us. Is so real...
One of the things that makes us strong is that we are loyal to what we believe, we are interest and passionate about our inner home..because once we discover the language of the soul, we only want one thing: Reality. This is one of the reason why the people come and go of Asetianism, because they not seek reality, just prison to their Souls.
avatar
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1259
Location : Some part of infinite universe...
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Jonathan on 30.11.11 5:03

Another great post Stalker. Thanks!
I agree with all that you said and how you said it. You're so straight to the point when you speak about freedom. I think that's the main reason why people feel threatened by Asetianism and Asetianists in particular. They are too afraid to be free. Too afraid to stand alone. It's just so obvious and interesting to observe people reacting to it... I love it!
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2233
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Sinata Anika Asti on 01.12.11 0:59

I second Jonathan...this is another deep and thought provoking post...There is nothing more powerful than the magical choice of free will and loyalty...
avatar
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Location : USA
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Victor on 02.12.11 13:32

Asetianism IS freedom.
Not ordinary weak freedom, but absolute and devastating freedom.

This is a concept, and a very important one, that is present in all of the teachings from the Asetians and most particularly clear in the words of Master Luis Marques.

That is also what makes people scared to embrace Asetian wisdom and its liberating path. Most people can't stand to be free, as they face a strong need to be controlled, guided and told what to do and what to believe. This happens because they have no personality or a defined sense of Self. They were never taught to think independently. They need a group, to feel they are part of something greater than them, and to comply according to such established standards or rules. Be it society, music, religion, hobbies and habits or even clothing. There is no true sense of individuality.
This is exactly the kind of dogma and slavery that Asetians and Asetianists have broken free. The ones strong enough to see beneath the cryptic curtain of Asetianism that is.
The Asetians teach us to think for ourselves, to make our own decisions and to face their consequences no matter we have chosen right or wrong. Their teachings empower us with a sense of responsibility before our actions. It allows us to break free from outside and social conditioning, not to do as we're expected but as we believe, or better yet, as we Will. It teaches us to think and to feel, instead of just to react.

The ones aware enough to discover this teaching of freedom in the path of the Asetians are already enlightened and blessed in ways more than they really know. To those that are too scared to see it, or in other words, too scared to face themselves in the mirror without a mask, I'm left to agree with Jonathan's words... it's definitely interesting to observe how people react to absolute freedom, and how some run away from it in panic while others embrace it with courage finding such a level of peace that others can only dream of.

Spiritual plenitude...
avatar
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 524
Location : A pool filled with naked horny vampire girls.
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Kalb on 02.12.11 16:12

You can express yourself very well, Victor. Very well said. I like too the words of Jonathan. The truth is that we can see in every word our stability and this is very amazing. This is something that time has revealed to us, and here .. We truly value who really won the freedom.
avatar
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1259
Location : Some part of infinite universe...
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Natalia on 07.12.11 7:49

Victor wrote:Asetianism IS freedom.
Not ordinary weak freedom, but absolute and devastating freedom.

This is a concept, and a very important one, that is present in all of the teachings from the Asetians and most particularly clear in the words of Master Luis Marques.
I simply loved your full post and how you worded your opinion. I hold the same understanding of Asetianism as you do and won't add to it besides to further emphasize on how Asetian spirituality at its core is about freedom in every form. That is why to me Asetianism is such a beautiful hymn to Self and to the power of being You. Complete.

Victor wrote:That is also what makes people scared to embrace Asetian wisdom and its liberating path. Most people can't stand to be free, as they face a strong need to be controlled, guided and told what to do and what to believe. This happens because they have no personality or a defined sense of Self. They were never taught to think independently. They need a group, to feel they are part of something greater than them, and to comply according to such established standards or rules. Be it society, music, religion, hobbies and habits or even clothing. There is no true sense of individuality.
This is exactly the kind of dogma and slavery that Asetians and Asetianists have broken free. The ones strong enough to see beneath the cryptic curtain of Asetianism that is.
The Asetians teach us to think for ourselves, to make our own decisions and to face their consequences no matter we have chosen right or wrong. Their teachings empower us with a sense of responsibility before our actions. It allows us to break free from outside and social conditioning, not to do as we're expected but as we believe, or better yet, as we Will. It teaches us to think and to feel, instead of just to react.
You explained it quite clear. I just wanted to add that this Asetian philosophy and their very unique way to embrace freedom also has some similarities with the main concept of Thelema, as put forth by Aleister Crowley, where you're taught that the only way to be free is to find your True Will, and how only acting according to your Will you can finally be free and real. Asetianism goes even further, emphasizing on the idea of breaking your Ego and burning any sort of social masking, as an initiation to reveal your true Self.
This Asetian philosophy is actually a powerful occult technique used in the quest for your Spiritual Identity and the attaining of awareness over the robotization of society and its many superficial sides. In that sense an Asetianist, just like a real Asetian, should be a true Adversary not only of stagnation but most importantly of herd mentality. An opposer of social weakness. This creates of course visible irks and irritations with people that approach Asetianism without a balanced Ego and a strong sense of Self. People feel overpowered and overwhelmed, and if they don't have the courage to just let go of all blockages and fears, they will not be able to experience the liberation this path provides. Like you interestingly said, it's absolute and devastating freedom. It's a concept that it's hard to understand but that it's undeniably there.

All this dwells a lot in psychology and not just in the occult and spirituality. I don't think many of us doubt how the Asetians are incredible scholars and masters of the human psyche. All of it is surrounded by very complex psychological elements, quite clear to someone that has a background in this science, from the dark side of manipulation to powerful elements of liberation, understanding and ultimate empowering of the student.

Crowley himself was well known for not giving a damn to the expectations of others or the opinions in society, exactly as you explained above. In many ways I see the influence of Asetian thought and philosophy in Crowley's teachings and his esoteric work. Surprisingly enough, he completely changed to this particular spiritual paradigm after a visit to Egypt where he relates his account of a paranormal experience with this ancient culture. Coincidence? I don't think so.

'Natalia'
avatar
Natalia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 43
Location : France
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Kalb on 07.12.11 11:18

This was another great post, Natalia. Smile
avatar
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1259
Location : Some part of infinite universe...
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Jonathan on 09.12.11 8:17

I agree with Stalker. Great post Natalia. Clap

I liked your reference to Crowley. It's not the first time that I read people hinting at connections between Crowley and the Asetians. I know that some occultists believe that Crowley held in secret some contact with the Aset Ka. That's entirely possible, there are many small clues that point that way, however we all lack proof to simply assume that as fact and most likely ever will. It's still a good theory to keep in mind while studying Thelema. Smile
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2233
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Victor on 11.12.11 9:21

Natalia wrote:
Victor wrote:Asetianism IS freedom.
Not ordinary weak freedom, but absolute and devastating freedom.

This is a concept, and a very important one, that is present in all of the teachings from the Asetians and most particularly clear in the words of Master Luis Marques.
I simply loved your full post and how you worded your opinion. I hold the same understanding of Asetianism as you do and won't add to it besides to further emphasize on how Asetian spirituality at its core is about freedom in every form. That is why to me Asetianism is such a beautiful hymn to Self and to the power of being You. Complete.

Victor wrote:That is also what makes people scared to embrace Asetian wisdom and its liberating path. Most people can't stand to be free, as they face a strong need to be controlled, guided and told what to do and what to believe. This happens because they have no personality or a defined sense of Self. They were never taught to think independently. They need a group, to feel they are part of something greater than them, and to comply according to such established standards or rules. Be it society, music, religion, hobbies and habits or even clothing. There is no true sense of individuality.
This is exactly the kind of dogma and slavery that Asetians and Asetianists have broken free. The ones strong enough to see beneath the cryptic curtain of Asetianism that is.
The Asetians teach us to think for ourselves, to make our own decisions and to face their consequences no matter we have chosen right or wrong. Their teachings empower us with a sense of responsibility before our actions. It allows us to break free from outside and social conditioning, not to do as we're expected but as we believe, or better yet, as we Will. It teaches us to think and to feel, instead of just to react.
You explained it quite clear. I just wanted to add that this Asetian philosophy and their very unique way to embrace freedom also has some similarities with the main concept of Thelema, as put forth by Aleister Crowley, where you're taught that the only way to be free is to find your True Will, and how only acting according to your Will you can finally be free and real. Asetianism goes even further, emphasizing on the idea of breaking your Ego and burning any sort of social masking, as an initiation to reveal your true Self.
This Asetian philosophy is actually a powerful occult technique used in the quest for your Spiritual Identity and the attaining of awareness over the robotization of society and its many superficial sides. In that sense an Asetianist, just like a real Asetian, should be a true Adversary not only of stagnation but most importantly of herd mentality. An opposer of social weakness. This creates of course visible irks and irritations with people that approach Asetianism without a balanced Ego and a strong sense of Self. People feel overpowered and overwhelmed, and if they don't have the courage to just let go of all blockages and fears, they will not be able to experience the liberation this path provides. Like you interestingly said, it's absolute and devastating freedom. It's a concept that it's hard to understand but that it's undeniably there.

All this dwells a lot in psychology and not just in the occult and spirituality. I don't think many of us doubt how the Asetians are incredible scholars and masters of the human psyche. All of it is surrounded by very complex psychological elements, quite clear to someone that has a background in this science, from the dark side of manipulation to powerful elements of liberation, understanding and ultimate empowering of the student.

Crowley himself was well known for not giving a damn to the expectations of others or the opinions in society, exactly as you explained above. In many ways I see the influence of Asetian thought and philosophy in Crowley's teachings and his esoteric work. Surprisingly enough, he completely changed to this particular spiritual paradigm after a visit to Egypt where he relates his account of a paranormal experience with this ancient culture. Coincidence? I don't think so.

'Natalia'
Posts like this are what keeps me returning ever again to this forum.

Intelligent, educated and relevant. Thank you.
avatar
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 524
Location : A pool filled with naked horny vampire girls.
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Jonathan on 12.12.11 18:58

I think the quality of the contributions presented in this thread and the importance of the wisdom contained in it calls for it to be turned into sticky, if the admins would agree. What do the other members think about it?
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2233
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Kalb on 13.12.11 1:08

I follow Jonathan.
avatar
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1259
Location : Some part of infinite universe...
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Sybil Mason on 13.12.11 16:52

I agree with your suggestion. The thread is now sticky.

Thank you all for your insightful contributions.

_________________
Sybil             سيبيل ماسَن
Vampirism Forum Administrator
avatar
Sybil Mason
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 61
Location : Land of eternal night
Registration date : 2011-02-02

http://www.vampirismforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by WillMage on 05.01.12 13:38

Natalia wrote:
You explained it quite clear. I just wanted to add that this Asetian philosophy and their very unique way to embrace freedom also has some similarities with the main concept of Thelema, as put forth by Aleister Crowley, where you're taught that the only way to be free is to find your True Will, and how only acting according to your Will you can finally be free and real. Asetianism goes even further, emphasizing on the idea of breaking your Ego and burning any sort of social masking, as an initiation to reveal your true Self.
This Asetian philosophy is actually a powerful occult technique used in the quest for your Spiritual Identity and the attaining of awareness over the robotization of society and its many superficial sides. In that sense an Asetianist, just like a real Asetian, should be a true Adversary not only of stagnation but most importantly of herd mentality. An opposer of social weakness. This creates of course visible irks and irritations with people that approach Asetianism without a balanced Ego and a strong sense of Self. People feel overpowered and overwhelmed, and if they don't have the courage to just let go of all blockages and fears, they will not be able to experience the liberation this path provides. Like you interestingly said, it's absolute and devastating freedom. It's a concept that it's hard to understand but that it's undeniably there.

All this dwells a lot in psychology and not just in the occult and spirituality. I don't think many of us doubt how the Asetians are incredible scholars and masters of the human psyche. All of it is surrounded by very complex psychological elements, quite clear to someone that has a background in this science, from the dark side of manipulation to powerful elements of liberation, understanding and ultimate empowering of the student.

Crowley himself was well known for not giving a damn to the expectations of others or the opinions in society, exactly as you explained above. In many ways I see the influence of Asetian thought and philosophy in Crowley's teachings and his esoteric work. Surprisingly enough, he completely changed to this particular spiritual paradigm after a visit to Egypt where he relates his account of a paranormal experience with this ancient culture. Coincidence? I don't think so.
so that makes AsetKa system the likely evolutionist progression for the students of Thelema. Agree?

maybe even the source!
avatar
WillMage
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Location : Had! The manifestation of Nuit.
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by WillMage on 05.01.12 13:39

Sorry that didn't go so well. I pressed send instead of preview without writing all i wanted and now I can't edit it. i'll post below if you don't mind
avatar
WillMage
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Location : Had! The manifestation of Nuit.
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by WillMage on 05.01.12 14:20

Hey guys. This is my first time here posting in the site and I hope that I'm posting in the right place. I found this site because of this post faithful to freedom that really caught my attention. The words from Natalia really resonated with me and I got totally hooked up to the potential in this path you all seem to embrace with such passion. Being myself a Thelemite for several years, been to Duquette's workshops read most of Crowley's and Macgregor Mathers books I can say I have a good understanding of Thelema so I was fascinated with what I read in here how Asetianism further developed on those concepts and builds an even deeper system of magick. I had no idea of most things explained in here and have been avidly reading all posts I can find to absorb most information. I have ordered a copy of the Asetian Bible at the local barnes&noble as I read in here that it's a good book and received so much praise. can't wait to get my hands on it and learn what I can and go from there.

From what I have read online so far and as an experienced Thelemite, it seems to me that the system taught by the AsetKa could very well be a natural progression for students of Thelema that have reached a point to jump into the next step. It seems like an evolutionist door into the next level of freedom and attainment of our True Will as Crowley and Mathers tried so hard to achieve in life. thanks all and I hope you can help me with hints and tips as well as with further questions that I will surely have soon. Nice to meet y'all.

if there are any forum rules or other reading resources that I should be aware please send them to my pm. thanks!!

Will Mage
avatar
WillMage
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Location : Had! The manifestation of Nuit.
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Kalb on 05.01.12 15:29

I really enjoyed your presentation and your humility, WillMage. You are very welcome here. This forum is full of fantastic people, surely you will really enjoy being here.
avatar
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1259
Location : Some part of infinite universe...
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by WillMage on 06.01.12 14:06

Thanks. nice to meet you all.

Will Mage
avatar
WillMage
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Location : Had! The manifestation of Nuit.
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Faithful to freedom.

Post by Jonathan on 13.01.12 13:40

Welcome WillMage. Smile Interesting intro and background, I believe you will like what you will find in this new stage.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2233
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum