+2
Jonathan
Repyt
6 posters

Go down

Why do you care? Empty Why do you care?

Post by Repyt 03.02.12 12:59

Em hotep,

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, as I am very interested in the Order of Aset Ka and vampirism, but I was wondering something. Why, exactly, do so many people seem to obsess over this if they know they will never be a part of the Order? I don't really understand. My apologies if this comes off as rude.

Repyt
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Why do you care? Empty Re: Why do you care?

Post by Jonathan 03.02.12 13:47

No need to apologize as you said you didn't meant it in a rude way. Personally I enjoy a lot to study the Asetian tradition and I can say it's something that makes me feel happy, but I am far for being obsessed over it although I can't speak for others in here who may feel differently about it and I respect their views and feelings. We are all different and experience things in different ways and through different intensities. I can't really blame someone who may be more obsessed about it just in the same way that I can't blame someone that doesn't feel complete with this tradition. If it's a perfect fit for your spirituality great, if it's not try finding what is. No harm done.

Just a small detail that I have to disagree with you. Although it's not my intention or goal to be considered a member of the Aset Ka as simply being privileged with learning in this path is enough to feed my needs I don't think any of us can say that no one from here will ever be a part of the order. Most likely we won't but no one knows the future and although the Aset Ka is not the typical order that people can apply or pay to join, they still accept new members under invitation. So the possibility is real.

Following a path with the hope to be part of an order especially one as secretive as the Aset Ka is in my opinion only a hope of the ego. There are people who were obsessed as you say about the Asetians with their only hope of being accepted in the order. Of course that when they can't find a way to be accepted they get angry and frustrated, but that's because their idea was in the wrong place to begin with. We should only study and follow the Aset Ka if we can find happiness and sense in their teachings, just pursuing it out of ego to be part of their order and feel special is failing as an Asetianist from the start. Many seek that only to feel special though.
This is my view, no idea if my fellow forum members agree.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 03.02.12 15:15

Em Hotep, Repyt.
There are very emotional people, who need to express what they feel, they feel lighter and passionate when sharing, I personally do not see this type of acts as an obsession. Of course there are limits, and many interpretations of each action and I would not be criticizing the action of each one to decide how to express their freedom to live. Fanaticism is very relative, I can tell you that every human being is so obsessed with Life that don't want to die, the human being want to live every second, evolving and growing and no one questions this obsession to living, because all have the same objective: Living. In relation to beliefs, I don't want to go there because many have different objectives to walk in path of live.

Regarding what you said, in my point of view there is no "IF", There is a Reality and an Illusion. I'll tell you something. I work all day and at the end of the month to receive the money that is earned on with my own merits. I Worked. This is Reality. Illusion is to think that to stay in home will get some money in the end of month. Asetianism teaches us Values, Loyalty, courage, growth, wisdom and alot of strength to win battles. I'm a person who believes in these values ​​and believe mainly in Ancient Egypt.

The Order is not a place of interest and I believe that many do not have the goals to enter the Order .. There are things more important than want to belong to the Kemetic Order of Aset Ka.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 03.02.12 16:18

My apologies for having forgotten to mention, Repyt. Welcome here.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 03.02.12 17:48

Sometimes when something just feels right and brings light to the mind, it's hard not to obsess over it. I know I'll never be part of the Aset Ka, and I question their existence sometimes, but that doesn't change the effect that they have had on me as a person. I am who I am because of this little book and this little community. Smile
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumig 04.02.12 16:01

Greetings Repyt.

Could you tell us more about yourself? If you want to, of course.
Lumig
Lumig
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 05.02.12 14:09

Repyt,

The answer to your question is different for everyone. However, I think what most Asetianists would agree on is that, if you really pay attention to its teachings, the Aset Ka is an immeasurable source of knowledge, and not only that - it's a guideline to your own Path.

To follow the Aset Ka with the agenda of being invited into the Order is an ego-driven purpose that in itself is good enough reason to be rejected. Others have tried, with similar consequences. There is certainly an allure to the Aset Ka, but that allure is also a trap for the frivolous. There is no mystery to it other than the fact that they keep to themselves.

Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 07.02.12 16:56

Repyt wrote:Em hotep,

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, as I am very interested in the Order of Aset Ka and vampirism, but I was wondering something. Why, exactly, do so many people seem to obsess over this if they know they will never be a part of the Order? I don't really understand. My apologies if this comes off as rude.

Please, give us your point of view about Aset Ka Order.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum