Kalb
Jonathan
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Killing the Thoth deck - Page 2 Empty Re: Killing the Thoth deck

Post by N.Augusta 23.12.12 5:58

Hate to see you go, Maxx. Sad

You put a lot of effort into your posts and share a lot. Your contributions are appreciated. Hope to see you around here again soon, but I understand.
I am wishing you all the best. Take care! Smile
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 26.12.12 13:55

Take care and be well <3
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 28.12.12 13:29

Maxx, I want to share something with you. Last week I decided to experiment Tarot session with my girlfriend, she has her own deck, the Rider-Waite and I use the Thoth deck. I believe that the Tarot is a matter of empathy, intuition and courage to go until the end of the road and I also believe that Tarot can open paths to us and blind us too. To begin, we use the system "Relationship Tarot", is a very interesting system to analyze the relationship and see what is happening to us in the unconscious levels. Discover strengths and weaknesses in the relationship, etc.. I used my deck and she used her, we made the same questions and turned the cards, I was totally convinced that their cards were the same as mine, that despite the deck being different, the cards are equal, due to its symbolism and the truth is left cards totally different. I was surprised, I confess I did not expect to see that, and when I started to tell her what I saw in the cards, she was surprised too because she saw the same symbolism in others cards. Although each card had a different symbolism, the most important is how we look at its symbolism, if I had given my cards for she read, certainly would never understand the symbolism of my cards, Nor I understand the symbolism of her cards. The truth is that in the end, our letters said the same. For different symbolisms. This is to tell you that the Tarot is a thoughtful way that know how we think and react to the vibrations of each symbolism, if I ask a Spirit or someone to help me, He can certainly give aid and not to touch in the point more important of the question. Our consciousness is the mirror of the symbolism of cards and our consciousness is not something simple and basic, the others will not easy understand fully our essence. This is the interpretation that I shot, despite not understanding how really the Tarot works. Another thing, I walked with wisdom problems and could not understand the symbolism of the cards on the physical plane.

So I decided to go to the Inner Plane in Lucid Dreaming and did a ritual with Tarot, man, it was genial. I opened some doors in my consciousness and I agree with you when you mention the astral plane and the world of dreams ... I'm not saying that we do not need the help of others, because sometimes we really need! My main message here is to not forget our own wisdom, trust ourselves and respect the opinions of others, never forgetting our vision....
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 14.02.13 16:29

Maxx: A few days ago, one of the conversations I had with N.Augusta, we talked about some Tarot cards and books, and one of its recommendations, she mentioned "Robert Wang - Qabalistic Tarot". The truth, as you talked about your method and the way you use the Tarot .. I'd like to show you an excerpt from the book:

The project of painting the cards was begun in 1938, and was completed
in 1943, as Lady Harris described in a lecture to the Tomorrow Club which
remains the only public statement of her role in developing the deck:
In despair of arriving at any lucidity I will tell you how it happened
that I painted these cards. I was interested in the Tarot after
reading Ouspensky's book, The Model of the Universe. I could find
very little information or research about it until I met A.C. He had
studied the cards seriously for 40 years... I asked him to help me
and with great patience and courtesy he did so and we tottered
along for 5 years wrestling with the accumulated mass of tradition
emanating from sources such as Freemasons, Alchemists, Rosi-
crucians, Kabalists, Magicians, Geometricians, Gematricians,
Mathematicians, Symbolists, Diviners, Numerologists, Druids,
Spiritualists, Psychologists, Philologists, Budhists [sic], Togas,
Psychoanalysts, Astrologers, even Heraldry, all of whom have left
traces on the symbols employed. From these multitudes, we
endeavoured to reinstate the cards in their original sacred, simple
forms and, in addition, indicate the New Aeon of Horus, a
terrifying apparition.

. . . The cards push me off my feet and I get into a train of thought
that can only be expressed in gasps and hiccups... I have never
tried to paint them with the help of automatic writing, trances,
seances, mediums, autosuggestions, drugs, absent treatment, Yoga,
meditation, mysterious masters or any other emotional approach of
inspiration. They are the result of hard work, honest investigation and
common sense, which I believe are the true magics and were done
in the open air and sunshine of the country.'?

Lady Harris's comments reflect the deep inner exploration necessary to
produce an occult work of this magnitude. Indeed, any artist who has painted
an entire Tarot deck would agree with one of her more frustrated comments:
"Sometimes when I am sufficiently crushed by all these meanings I say in the
words of Alice in Wonderland 'Who cares for you. You're nothing but a pack of
cards.'

While meditating on this small part of the book I reminded of you, I have no intention with this, just sharing what Mrs. Lady Harris said about the deck of Thoth. I'm passing this information here because you told me that you don't read so much Tarot Books.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 14.02.13 17:35

And just yesterday morning as I was waking, I was involved with a discussion with a spirit being where he said the statement to the effect......what is the difference in doing a tarot card reading to see into the future......from....taking your consciousness as you trance down and projecting it into the future from the vantage point of being dead and moving to the other side, and doing a tarot card reading from that angle......? As I woke I lay there and thought about what he just told me.....I had never looked at it from that point of view. So he was saying it would make a big difference from where your consciousness is parked at the time you do the reading........and then if you can move your consciousness to the future, you are already doing a reading and scanning where you want to be to see what you are investigating....whether the past or the future or even the present and one does not need the tarot to do this....as we mentioned earlier the tarot cards are only a show and tel for the person you read for as you do not need them if you are a real reader....and it is just like I was talking about moving into another persons mind and influencing thoughts.........there is so much here in this subject and it is fascinating.

I am working with a group now that is the most helpful of any I have ever found to work within their system.....I suspect I have found my home......lol.....as I can continure working with it even after I pass on to the other side..... Very Happy

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 15.02.13 15:12

Maxx wrote:as we mentioned earlier the tarot cards are only a show and tel for the person you read for as you do not need them if you are a real reader
Tarot cards are not a show for the person on the receiving end of a reading. It may be so to a fake fortuneteller trying to make a buck out of those in need of guidance, but not to a real occultist.

The Tarot cards hide many secrets within their symbolism and intuitive sensing, some of them considered initiations, and their main purpose is not to uncover the future. To the wise a Tarot deck is not a device serving his ego but a tool of discovery and growth. Popular media portrays the Tarot under a different shallow light, but the mental play of those images and symbols actually teaches the hidden workings of the Universe.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 15.02.13 20:58

Someone once said that when used in magic workings there is a different operation than reading for another individual......I am not familiar with that operation and the person could not remember where that article was located....if you know...I would be interested in reading of it.

Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 16.02.13 6:55

During the night it was pointed out to me that the tarot can be used just like I use a sigil in opening of a ritual in the calling of a specific being....... and used as in an opening to a portal or door to another dimension just as a sigil is used for that function.....

When I finish with my present project I intend to use a deck to find how they are used in this fashion.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 16.02.13 13:35

Maxx wrote:Someone once said that when used in magic workings there is a different operation than reading for another individual......I am not familiar with that operation and the person could not remember where that article was located....if you know...I would be interested in reading of it.
Very different operation Maxx but that's the "secret" purpose of the Tarot I think. Well Victor explained it better than me. You can find that operation mentioned in the Book of Orion by Luis Marques as he addresses the Tarot not simply as something to be used in a reading for someone but as a powerful magickal tool used to open hidden doors. That chapter also explains how each suit connects with different layers of reality in the astral and all that. Pretty interesting stuff.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3026
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 16.02.13 14:25

Thanks.....I will look it up this pm.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 16.02.13 15:56

And now I understand what the spirit was pointing to within using the tarot in this fashion......used in the pathworking structure as well as using it for a door or portal to enter other areas.......great.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 27.02.13 11:28

I agree with Victor and Jonathan. But, since Maxx spoke Spirits is important to note that it was Aleister Crowley in 1904, in his Book of the Law that had a revelation: "All these old letters of my book are correct, but Tsadi is not A Star".
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 23.10.14 16:43

Em Hotep, friends.

I would like to know your opinion on this subject. I have done some explorations and meditation mainly in the Thoth deck and I have noticed a few details. Except for a few people, I think the other follow the same belief system than me, the Gods of ancient Egypt are the roots of all magick. In the thoth tarot, astrology and Numerology is strongly represented along with the Hebrew alphabet, in each letter. The numbers have power, astrology involves another kind of power and the Hebrew alphabet another kind of power. All together, along with the figures in each letter represents an own symbolism.

My main point here is the following: it is possible to feel the energy of Aset and Asetians through the letters? The same happens with the energies of Sethians? It is possible that some letters can "move" for their energies? The same criterion is used for other cultures, other deities, the process is the same. If this is real or not, that's what I intend to find out. Some letters I do not give much attention to astrology or Numerology, and I focused only in its visual significance, and this leads me to the preview Asetian energy and Sethian. It's not something created and forced by someone, but as a natural force that moves me. It's like being at sea and being dragged by a chain.

What do you think?
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 23.10.14 18:23

Asetianism is kind of a vast field of study, even Mr. Marques says it incorporates the infinity of all within it's dark traditions. Crowleys descriptions of the Aeon's are pretty damn smack on the Asetian Djeuty's. His reference to Anubis as the moon Arcana was no mistake either. Even if he wasn't directly inspired by Aseitan teachings, he sure spoke a similar language.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 24.10.14 8:37

I'm not so sure that Crowley wasn't inspired by the Asetian teachings and the Aset Ka. There are many clues pointing towards that at the very least he was aware of the Aset Ka and ancient Asetianism. Sometimes even stuff that's not exactly at the reach of the common public, hinting that his knowledge was above what is found at surface in occult circles.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 24.10.14 8:41

Plus wasn't he one of the last people to channel the sphinx? I was watching or reading something a while ago and apparently it caused metaphysical morphing in the brain. And wasn't it after seeing the Sphinx that he wrote the book of the law?
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 15.12.14 12:50

I look at many of my posts and I feel ashamed sometimes, lol. So immature that I've been in many discussions. This is one of them. In any case, I see alot of symbolism when I look at the images and I understand their graphics with Asetianism. However, when I explore the letters by dreams, all points brings me to Greece, to the Romans. I am conscious of the Copy & Past of Egyptian Gods to the Greek gods and it's always interesting to see the vibrations that each divinity has.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.12.14 13:18

Kalb, there's no reason to feel ashamed at all. That's actually a good thing as it shows how you have evolved. If we were to agree with everything we said years ago we would be stagnated.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 15.12.14 16:55

Yeah, Kalb I agree with Jonathon, this moron, (me) is a great example. Remember my introductory posts? *shudders violently*
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 15.12.14 17:02

santa
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 15.12.14 21:22

you guys make me smile like Gomer Pyle.

No one is more out of whack that the Village Idiot.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2