The Influence of Horses in Ancient Egypt.

3 posters

Go down

The Influence of Horses in Ancient Egypt. Empty The Influence of Horses in Ancient Egypt.

Post by Kalb 15.07.12 13:44

In meditation on what Maxx said in another article about the horses I decided to create this topic. The horses in my view is an important reference in the wars, practically, are involved in all cultures. The first evidence of horse appeared in Krasni Yar in Kazakhstan, dating from about 5000 B.C. This means that horses is not native to Egypt and we do not know the first moment that Egytians get a horse. It is believed that horses come to Egypt with the Hyksos around 1600BC, who settled in the Delta from the Levant, looking for grazing land for their cattle.

http://suite101.com/article/the-horse-in-ancient-egypt-a374034 wrote:
Ramses II mentions his horses in the Poem of Kadesh, acknowledging them for their part in the battle of Kadesh. This in itself might seem a strange thing; the Pharaoh rarely shared the credit for a victory with another human, so why should such praise fall upon horses?

"I defeated millions of foreign countries, being alone, being on ‘Victory in Thebes’ and ‘Mut is Contented’ my great horses. They it is whom I found to support me when I was alone fighting many foreign countries... They it is whom I found in the midst of the battle together with the charioteer Menna my shield bearer…”

In fact, horses is part of artwork of ancient Egypt, we can see the images of horses in diverse parts, but the main point of Ancient Egyptians was mainly used their horses for warfare, it was a weapon that the Egyptians used quickly to win their war and according to the story we see that Asetians and Sethians was a great lovers about horses.

In the Thoth deck we see the chariot (VII) as a trumps, with a great connection with Universe:

http://www.corax.com/tarot/cards/index.html?chariot wrote:
The Chariot stands for combined powers, ready to move forward. It represents the dynamic principle and the human will to proceed, the ability to use the powers of life and keep the outer and inner balance.

The thing now becomes more interesting as we saw that the Egyptians only used the horses for the war, we see a new version of the Tarot that the horses is something complex and deep, the interpretation should meditate with our greatest wisdom. The Egyptians were able to see wisdom in everything they did and created around them.

What do you think of this?
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

The Influence of Horses in Ancient Egypt. Empty Re: The Influence of Horses in Ancient Egypt.

Post by Maxx 15.07.12 14:14

My closest knowledge of the sentiment you describe is being here in the midst of the American indian.....the type of plains Indian that became great warriors over this vast land, would have a mind connection with their animal. They would let no other touch their animal as they trained it. No one else would feed or water, and the Indian would sleep beside the animal. There would be placed blinders over the eyes for training at all times so the animal would only listen to the owners voice and gain concidence in the commands given by the owner to instill complete trust in what the owner would convey. It is not widely known that the owner would create a mental connection with the horse but it was a certainty. This horse and the Indian would begin working as one mind.

With the advanced mental accomplishment some of the Pharoahs had, it is no surprise that the same mental connection would have been instilled within the animal that I described above. They probably (just my guess) that they indeed saw more potential in dealing with the horse than many of their subjects.... meaning they placed great respect in the animal as they could be trusted to do their job and be counted on to do that job.

I can experience the same type of mental connection with my dog. He will get up and sit and then look intently at me and I have noticed he is conveying an idea or a thought to me.....At first, I thought it was just my imagination, but as time went on, I began to see the postitive results of just being quiet in the mind and listening to what he was telling me....food, water, go to bed, go outside, etc......I try to convey love mentally on a daily basis and I have determined that he stops and listens as I send it.

As I have stated in other locations, my cat does transfer thoughts in both the physical and the astral realm........as well as my dog. The horse is very under-rated as far as being able to attain connection with mankind. I believe it is because mankind is the one that has reverted and lost, because of non use, the inherent ability to communicate with each other, as well as animal species, that we once had. Look at the accounts of Hannibal and the elephants. I believe this person had great capabilities not spoken or written about by modern day historians.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

The Influence of Horses in Ancient Egypt. Empty Re: The Influence of Horses in Ancient Egypt.

Post by Sinata Anika Asti 16.07.12 0:28

I love being around horses...I always have...They are very deep animals...Extremely intelligent, and they have this sense of knowing...The thing is they can also be very particular...They have a very mystical and majestic air about them...My cousin used to ride often, and I would go to the stables with her as a child...For a few years I had my own pony as a child...I remember one day, they had a new young stallion they had brought to the stable...The rule was to stay far away...But...I could not...Something kept telling me to walk over, it was bothering me to hear him going crazy in the stall...It was like I could feel him...So I walked over...and he calmed down...I just stared into his eyes...It was like he could see right through me...With such a profound ability to communicate non-verbally in such a short time, I can only imagine the bond one would be able to have with a horse over time, and with training...
Sinata Anika Asti
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down