Hallucination or something else?

2 posters

Go down

Hallucination or something else? Empty Hallucination or something else?

Post by Asmodius 20.11.12 7:33

Em Hotep everyone,

There has been something that has been bothering me for quite some time ever since I got into the spiritual side of life. Since I started to play around with the idea of energy I have started to notice a strange sort of circulating mist or steam, for a lack of a better description in the air sometimes, it is very feint and I only notice it every so often but I am starting to wonder more and more about it. Strangely enough I met a traveller once who just randomly said "have you ever noticed a translucent shimmering, like the reflection of light off moving water in the air sometimes?" I start seeing it when I am doing tai chi sometimes as well, so I am beginning to think this is how I see energy, however I thought that energy had colour to it? Maybe because it it is ambient energy it has no colour? I Noticed the character for chi is made up of steam and can mean breath also, so this might have some correlation.

In contrast to that I am wondering if it is just something that is produced when light is processed in your retina, like some kind of ocular turbulence or hallucination such as when you press on your eyes. So, in trying to sort through this problem I was wondering if anyone has seen this or heard of it before? And also how you guys perceive energy if you care to share? Thanks for giving this a read and take care.

Asmodius
Asmodius
Asmodius
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-10-24

Back to top Go down

Hallucination or something else? Empty Re: Hallucination or something else?

Post by Daniel09 20.11.12 22:27

It is fairly common, actually, especially in high light. I've asked people and when they pay attention, they see it too. It makes me believe that it is just something that usually is ignored.

I feel that we need to remember that our eyes are filled with liquid.

Be that as it may, I've been seeing color every time I meditate for almost 5 years now. Not sure how to describe that except as a synesthetic reaction induced by the altering of brainwaves by meditation.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodius 24.11.12 23:32

Thanks for the response Daniel, I was thinking that might be the case, it also similar to another phenomenon people can hear, which is a feint static sound that you can hear when everything is silent, which would also be an internal process. Have always had trouble seeing energy, I usually feel it as a weak electrical or static-like moving force. I guess people are just more attuned to different senses than others.
Asmodius
Asmodius
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 25.11.12 18:46

Asmodius wrote:Thanks for the response Daniel, I was thinking that might be the case, it also similar to another phenomenon people can hear, which is a feint static sound that you can hear when everything is silent, which would also be an internal process. Have always had trouble seeing energy, I usually feel it as a weak electrical or static-like moving force. I guess people are just more attuned to different senses than others.

It's the background noise that is the reason for the term "deafening silence." It becomes louder without anything else to distract you from hearing it. A good exercise in focus can be to listen for it while there are distractions aplenty in your surroundings.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum