+3
Stapleraindrop
N.Augusta
Matttt
7 posters

Go down

can asetians - Asetians and other dieties Empty Asetians and other dieties

Post by Matttt 10.03.14 13:24

This is something I've been wondering about for a long time.
In your opinion, Would Asetians work with deities of other pantheons and currents?
Matttt
Matttt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2013-12-31

Back to top Go down

can asetians - Asetians and other dieties Empty Re: Asetians and other dieties

Post by N.Augusta 10.03.14 15:57

Sure! I would say that they do. Why would they limit themselves? It may even help push them outside their "comfort zones" more, which, we all need for magickal progression. I think something like that is more of a matter of personal choice.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 10.03.14 22:46

If you look at different pantheons, you can find many parallels about the gods. For example, Greek mysticism was heavily influenced by Egypt, after Alexander 'visited' Egypt and built the library of Alexandria.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 11.03.14 5:19

I will say this again.. from what my studies have showed me, every one borrowed from All… depending sorely on time frame and trade marked.
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 11.03.14 7:20

Asetians teach freedom so of course they work with other currents and different traditions. That's actually very explicit in Book of Orion. Working with different cultures and magickal traditions that are not Asetian is part of the learning process that every Asetian must undertake.
As for different deities I am not sure. While they would certainly be free to do so I personally doubt they find the need or Will as they already work with the most ancient and raw divinities known (according to their beliefs of course). I imagine that if you are a son of Aset and have worked directly with the strongest forces of nature and the deities that were present at the creation of time, you find no interest to work with modern pantheons or faces of god that may be useful to many people but remain a creation of mankind. No? I would like to see what you think about it.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 11.03.14 13:14

For those that do not have the Book of Orion...it states.

Asetianists are constantly encouraged to learn about every form of knowledge and culture in order to develop a greater understanding of the higher Truth as unveiled behind the big picture.  Different views will provide answers to different questions, as each culture has a small limited piece of the spiritual cosmos developed from its very own background and experience.  Each tradition on its own, while isolated from other knowledge and the chaos of opposed views, is limited and hence incomplete.  The importance of such exploration to personal evolution and the process of finding Self will become increasingly more evident as the student progresses through different forms of initiation and matures spiritually.                                        page 84

This would also apply to the question seekerofba asked about touching on other currents in their magic work along with other Gods.  I tend to rather disagree somewhat with what Jonathan said about mixing.  I suppose my view does not fall in accord with his because I am involved with other paths and have personally found a system that works very well for me.  It does have many similarities to the teachings of the Asetians but there are some differences.  The path I walk and study is bent more towards the dark side of the tree of knowledge although it can slip over and access the tree of life if required at any time. So the future will reveal to me which way my path leads me to the finish line.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Widdershins 27.02.15 21:03

Would it be possible to break down every major deity in the western traditions under two categories

1) Asetian Gods, Goddesses, spirits, current or polarity
2) Sethian Gods, Goddesses, spirits, current or polarity

Or is reality, the matrix etc. not that simple?

I have a long list of about 40 different Gods that may be aspects of Set. Though most are divorced from the context of Ancient Egypt and therefore may not be a true reflection of the Sethian current.
Widdershins
Widdershins
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down