Ti hunting hippopotamus.

2 posters

Go down

Ti hunting hippopotamus.  Empty Ti hunting hippopotamus.

Post by Kalb 26.12.15 18:16

We used to always associate the crocodile to Sethians, but never seen around here a note about the hippopotamus. It may be a line connected to Sethian energy? It could be a different Sethian lineage? As it exists in Asetianism (Serpent, Scorpions and Scarabs)? Anyway, I like the connections... Somewhere in the tomb of Ti at Saqqara there is a papyrus boat presiding hippo and crocodile hunting. This scene caught my attention due to some reasons: It is connected to the fifth dynasty, a period where I believe the Asetian Power has been very fluent and powerful and because his wife is called "Neferhetpes". Another interesting detail is Ti was a general, it seems to me that a general has an extraordinary power in his leadership, a very major milestone in the life of a Samurai, but that in Asetian culture seems to be a high threshold value.

The strangest thing is that there is very little information about i, and it becomes difficult to obtain better results in my research. To finish, the hippos term was mentioned on Twitter by Master Luis Marques:

Servants of the hippopotamus in the Nile may adamantly not bend the knee yet what does not bend can be broken. ☥
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Ti hunting hippopotamus.  Empty Re: Ti hunting hippopotamus.

Post by Jonathan 26.12.15 20:02

That's a really interesting quote. It does make it boldly confirmed that at the very least the hippopotamus is part of a strong symbolism of the Sethians, just like the crocodile. If an actual lineage I don't know but it's certainly an interesting thought Kalb.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 27.12.15 7:59

In the Old Testament, in Jo book, he questions the justice of God and assuming himself more righteous than God. God give then some lessons to Jo and talks about two powerful animals: The hippopotamus and crocodile. God asks Jo about his ego and asks him if he really is able to fight and win these two creatures, Jo says no, then god say that he is not ready to understand the power of God.

Truly, if the river is overflowing, it gives him no cause for fear; he has no sense of danger, even if Jordan is rushing against his mouth.
Will anyone take him when he is on the watch, or put metal teeth through his nose?
Jó 40:23,24

The connection with the Sethians is totally enlightening, so I think it is an interesting door of observation and exploration. The problem when we walked in this scenario, is that there are many interpretations, for example, Taweret was called the 'concubine of Seth', but, according to Plutarch, became "followes of Horus", which is not hard to believe when we know that there was a high number of Tawerets amulets on the excavated houses of Akhenaten in Amarna, however, Tawaret was one of the Egytian deities who had no rights to a cult, but famous for its protective amulets.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 29.12.15 12:29

Continued speech of god to Jo:

28: The arrow cannot make him flee: Sling-stones are turned with him into stubble.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum