21 Pylons of the House of Osiris

2 posters

Go down

Osiris - 21 Pylons of the House of Osiris Empty 21 Pylons of the House of Osiris

Post by Heruset 09.10.16 12:11

In the Book of the Dead, reference is made to the Pylons of the House of Osiris.

Any idea what these are symbolizing?

So far as I am in reading, there lists 10, but there are 21 on websites (maybe in other texts or later in the Book of the Dead, but I haven't found them yet, and haven't gotten deep into the study of the text yet...)

I thought maybe the 22 paths of the sephiroth could be related to 21 pylons. This is a loose assumption. I haven't learned anything about these pylons. I am just starting out with this text.

"The Pylons of the House of Osiris: The following shall be said when one cometh to the FIRST PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Lady of tremblings, high-walled, the sovereign lady, the lady of destruction, who uttereth the words which drive back the destroyers, who delivereth from destruction him that cometh." The name of her Doorkeeper is Neruit.

The following shall be said when one cometh to the SECOND PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Lady of heaven, Mistress of the Two Lands, devourer by fire, Lady of mortals, who art infinitely greater than any human being." The name of her Doorkeeper is Mes-Ptah.
The following shall be said when one cometh to the THIRD PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Lady of the Altar, the mighty lady to whom offerings are made, greatly beloved one of every god sailing up the river to Abydos." The name of her Doorkeeper is Sebqa.

The following shall be said when one cometh to the FOURTH PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Prevailer with knives, Mistress of the Two Lands, destroyer of the enemies of the Still-Heart (Osiris), who decreeth the release of those who suffer through evil hap." The name of her Doorkeeper is Nekau.
The following shall be said when one cometh to the FIFTH PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Flame, Lady of fire, absorbing the entreaties which are made to her, who permitteth not to approach her the rebel." The name of her Doorkeeper is Henti-Reqiu.

The following shall be said when one cometh to the SIXTH PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Lady of light, who roareth mightily, whose breadth cannot be comprehended. Her like hath not been found since the beginning. There are serpents over which are unknown. They were brought forth before the Still-Heart." The name of her Doorkeeper is Semati.

The following shall be said when one cometh to the SEVENTH PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Garment which envelopeth the helpless one, which weepeth for and loveth that which it covereth." The name of her Doorkeeper is Saktif.

The following shall be said when one cometh to the EIGHTH PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Blazing fire, unquenchable, with far-reaching tongues of flame, irresistible slaughterer, which one may not pass through fear of its deadly attack." The name of her Doorkeeper is Khutchetef.

The following shall be said when one cometh to the NINTH PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Chieftainess, lady of strength, who giveth quiet of heart to the offspring of her lord. Her girth is three hundred and fifty khet, and she is clothed with green feldspar of the South. She bindeth up the divine form and clotheth the helpless one. Devourer, lady of all men." The name of her Doorkeeper is Arisutchesef.

The following shall be said when one cometh to the TENTH PYLON. The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, saith: "Goddess of the loud voice, who maketh her suppliants to mourn, the awful one who terrifieth, who herself remaineth unterrified within." The name of her Doorkeeper is Sekhenur."

Heruset
Banned

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Osiris - 21 Pylons of the House of Osiris Empty Re: 21 Pylons of the House of Osiris

Post by Maxx 09.10.16 12:29

When one crosses to the other side and goes into the death journey passing by each pylon was only allowed by the guard or doorkeeper if a certain code was given.  The code being a certain description of that section of life that the soul had accomplished and successfully mastered in the earthly life. Look closely at each statement to gain understanding about what that mastery of life was connected to.  An acknowledgement of the watcher or doorkeeper by calling out it's name was also required otherwise the soul was not allowed to pass along to the next pylon.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Osiris - 21 Pylons of the House of Osiris Empty Re: 21 Pylons of the House of Osiris

Post by Maxx 09.10.16 12:41

If you look at some of the pictures of some Temples you can see the construction of pylons and how they were placed within the Temple when each person passed by them going from one section to the other, there would be images and stories that were placed there for one to read.  This would help construct a proper mood and education for the last and final location where they were going. So you have this same process taught that after death they would be looking at the same type of pylons as they enter the Temple after their death.   This was indicated as being the death journey or walk into the Temple of Horus when one passed over.   They would be instructed to learn these sayings and stories about what they would have learned over their lifetime as well as memorising each guard or doorkeeper that would allow them to pass to get deeper within the final destination within the death Temple.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 09.10.16 18:34

Thanks for the information, Maxx.

Do you know which Temples the construction of the pylons can be found in?

Heruset
Banned

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 09.10.16 20:41

I do not....One might look closely at the work of John Anthony West and his work where he declares the Temple work of one is a design of healing for the human body.  There are many, many pylons constructed in that structure.  Keep in mind the Book of the dead is describing Temples designed many, many years ago.  Some are no longer standing.  But research on the net should aid you.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 10.10.16 15:56

Sorry about this Heruset.....I have been on the road all day and left before dawn but I meant to come in and make this statement correct and I forgot to.   When I lay down to go to sleep my friend, the Spirit, told me to come back and tell I was wrong in what I wrote above....That exact means of direction is written for those on the other side to pass by those pylons in the Spirit world.  I do not believe you will find it in this physical dimension.  Otherwise, that would be available to any and all that died and the book of the dead was not meant for everyone to obtain that info.....and it is not the case for everyone to see....I will not relay the reasoning behind this.....lol.  There is method in the reason the Spirit gave me.  For those that do not feel they ever need to work with the Spirit world, the same thing does apply in your case.....  Good luck with what you are going to find on the other side.  I think a lot of confusion.  ha.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down