Asetian Concept of Darkness: Gnostic Illumination and Eastern Enlightenment

Go down

Asetian Concept of Darkness: Gnostic Illumination and Eastern Enlightenment  Empty Asetian Concept of Darkness: Gnostic Illumination and Eastern Enlightenment

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 02.10.19 15:51

Em Hotep.

I stumbled upon some insight just now. The Asetian concept of darkness, which in my view carries deep philosohical overtones (but also spiritual verities), sounds to me very much like the notion of Gnostic illumination or enlightenment within Eastern traditions. Why? Because of its share of raw spiritual power, silent witnessing (an emphasis placed upon pure, unadulterated knowing), introspection, wisdom and transcendence.

I might be keeping this short. There is no way to adequately define enlightenment but only to point its way. The same might be somewhat (?) true of the Asetian concept of darkness which is perhaps known to be an elusive concept that is also often misunderstood - and I do not hold to believe that I have understood it so perfectly yet, nor even that close, but I did find some smiliarity in my own feel and understanding.

Are any of you able to corroborate this?

How do you view this subject?

I believe it interests me and is a fascinating topic.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down