Dreamer
godofbattle
Victor
Jonathan
Ankhhape
JWG
11 posters

Go down

Sethian's "Dark Kiss"? Empty Sethian's "Dark Kiss"?

Post by AnaInDark 24.09.09 3:04

What are your views and beliefs over how the Order of Seth grew larger? Do you believe that they have their own version of the Dark Kiss, and do you believe that it is done in the exact same way as the one performed by Elder Asetians?

Also, do you believe that the Red Order of Seth cares as much as the Asetians do, about who they give their version of the "Dark Kiss" to? Because the Aset Ka is VERY elite to who they accept to give immortality to... I wonder if it is the same case with the Order of Seth.
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-09-11

http://www.twitter.com/AnaInDark

Back to top Go down

Sethian's "Dark Kiss"? Empty Re: Sethian's "Dark Kiss"?

Post by JWG 24.09.09 9:06

I believe the art of giving another Ba the Ka of your own Ba (essence) is a general form of deep metaphysical doing. Not reserved only to Aset. Only my own theory, not in any form a fact.
JWG
JWG
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 24.09.09 9:53

I would agree, that the transformation is probably the same, except of course the Essence of Set was involved.

As for the how ROS grew larger, they work from behind the scenes, like in the Abrahamic faiths for one example, my belief is that Set was behind the monotheism of Akhenaten also.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 24.09.09 11:01

I agree with Ankhhape that the essence of Seth replaced the essence of Aset in the original procedure. It is also said that the Sethians copied the technique of the Dark Kiss developed by the Asetians and invented by Aset, but they did so in an imperfect way, resulting in a metaphysical adaptation but not in a perfect Dark Kiss. Surely most of these answers we will never know for sure, given that the secrets of the Dark Kiss are still well guarded and protected among the highest of Elders.
Answering Ana, I believe that the Sethians are probably a bit less elitist than the Asetians in what comes to giving the Dark Kiss, since we can read in the Asetian Bible that they were far greater in numbers, making the Asetians a rarer kin.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 24.09.09 11:36

Thank you all for your input.
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 24.09.09 13:41

The Dark Kiss implies a spiritual death and a metaphysical rebirth. Even if not totally exclusive to the powers of Aset, although being a form of magick created by her, it still needs the involvement of a deity with creational powers. A human alone, or even an Asetian or Sethian, don't have the powers to create Life, to generate a Soul, a new Ba, just out of their own Will.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by godofbattle 24.09.09 15:39

do any of u knw how i can get more info. on the sethians
godofbattle
godofbattle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 24.09.09 15:53

godofbattle wrote:do any of u knw how i can get more info. on the sethians
Unfortunately there is no website or anything public on the Red Order of Seth. All we have is the Asetian Bible, to understand the basics of what we should know about the ROS.
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 28.09.09 6:35

When I think of the concept of the Dark Kiss, I can't think of the Sethians and think to myself that they are elite and careful with who they give the gift of Immortality and Transformation to. No wonder they are outgrowing the Aset Ka - they are probably even doing it in our days, now. That is all they seem to want - control, control, control, so much that they are probably willing to make their own essence less divine than it already is.

Just my thoughts...
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-04-27

http://www.twitter.com/BleedingDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 05.10.09 23:36

I can easily agree with the ones who have said that the Sethians may not be as elitist when it comes to who they give immortality to. The Asetian Bible gives us that clue by letting us know that the Sethians outnumber the Asetians. It seems like the Red Order of Seth cares more about power and control, than purity of their bloodline...

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Azrael 17.10.09 21:05

They want the power in numbers rather than the power in loyalty... Them having larger numbers than the Asetians...
Azrael
Azrael
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 20.10.09 22:06

Azrael wrote:They want the power in numbers rather than the power in loyalty... Them having larger numbers than the Asetians...
I don't think it is really loyalty being the issue, but how pure their bloodline is. Imagine if they give their immortality to someone who does not deserve it, who may simply only play a good role in their war. Would the Aset Ka ever do that? Never.
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 01.03.10 13:33

well... as I am studying old religions and new ones.... all have one thing in command... and that is : everyone has a life after our material death.
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by ladymoontear 21.03.10 18:20

Actually the Sethians do have a website. I was studying Egyptian deities, figuring out what Set's real role was, or at least trying to so I typed in Set, under websearch, not google. Low and behold the Sethian order came up. I checked it out, read everything I could, found it wasn't what I was looking for and left. Intresting it was, but not helpful and I wasn't willing to register to find out more. I only hit on it once so I'm sorry I can't give any more info then to tell you to look up Set and you will find it. It is out there. I did find what I was looking for as far as Set was concerned. Eventually.
ladymoontear
ladymoontear
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-11

http://mamamoont@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down