Karnath
Elaina
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A curious question - Page 2 Empty Re: A curious question

Post by Kalb 07.03.13 12:46

Victor wrote:
Jonathan wrote:No one can tell you exactly what you are.
And the ones who can, like the Asetians, simply will not do it.
They will have you learn it, the hard way. As they did.

I agree with you. This is related to know ourselves, to face our inner demons, fears and phobias. The more we engage in our dark soul, the clearer things become. After all, Asetianism is the path of the Wise.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Petri 07.03.13 15:09

I'm not calling myself special. And I'm certainly not trying to fit in. I just asked for some guidance and explained what I can do but none the less I respect your answer.You definitaly know more than I do about these things.All I want to know is do these "abilities" or "gifts" if I'm allowed to call them that...do they mean something.

Petri
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata Anika Asti 07.03.13 15:28

They mean whatever it is you direct them to mean...What I mean by that is, if you have a talent and don't use it, it doesn't mean anything at all...You can have all the ingredients to bake a cake, but you have to actually make the cake and cook it to have the cake...Technically you can say you have the cake just by having the ingredients; mix them all together in your mouth in raw form and voila...but, it may not be the cake you were expecting...
Sinata Anika Asti
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by lucienvonwolfe 14.03.13 9:59

For me, "slayers" exist in different ways. There certainly aren't people with wooden stakes running around lol, but they are most prevalent in the form of personal or group "attack". By attack, I'm referring to things such as discrediting the existence of vampires, or even the argument between one group of vampires who state the other groups are fake. This is just my opinion, of course Wink
lucienvonwolfe
lucienvonwolfe
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-11

http://lvonwolfe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 14.03.13 10:19

i agree with you there lucienvonwolfe.
im very new to the idea of vampirism and those arguments havent made it easier to find what it really entails.

with love,
lou
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lucienvonwolfe 14.03.13 12:26

That's exactly what "they" are hoping will happen lol. By tossing so many different ideas, theories, and definitions as to who/what the vampire is, they keep you questioning yourself. From my personal experience, it is best to eliminate the unrealistic claims and then examine the claims that could be possible -- deductive logic. In my opinion, each vampire is very individual in the experiences they have, thus there is no one particular way of finding your way, if that makes sense.
lucienvonwolfe
lucienvonwolfe
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 14.03.13 13:17

yes it does. i never heard of an spiritual path called vampire. i just got labelled that way, wich pissed me off deeply. and me being pissed off is not a good thing. Wink

now that ive read about it and explored it, it makes more sense even though i think one could also label it differently....somehow i get the feeling that the label has more to do with the group of people you feel comfortable with then with ones inner core....

you are what you are, only the way you are labelled/label yourself changes tru time

8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lucienvonwolfe 15.03.13 23:19

I agree with you -- the label does seem different for different groups of people. There's certainly a difference in "practices". Some vampires are very spiritual, while others don't see a spiritual connection at all. I've learned as I grow that labels are only restricting to me, so I try to not use them.

Yes, you are what/who you are. As long as we constantly evolve, we remain true to ourselves Smile
lucienvonwolfe
lucienvonwolfe
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Skadi 21.03.13 2:16

Hej, maybe the slayers are people who don't like the difference around them... even fear them. They want all the people to fit in their view so that they can call them 'normal'.
Just like 'the nail that sticks out get's hammered'.

That would mean (to me) that they can't be open minded and that they are stuck in their view.

So that would make the difference between witch and wiccan as well. All Wiccans I new are very open minded. They want to survive and get accepted to the world. They don't want to hurt anyone.
I just don't know any witches at all. But according to your post's it fits.
Skadi
Skadi
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lucienvonwolfe 21.03.13 17:33

Those are good, and valid points Skadi! I like your nickname, btw Smile
lucienvonwolfe
lucienvonwolfe
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

A curious question - Page 2 Empty another question

Post by sauroneyesfang 02.04.13 20:34

lono676767 wrote:In fifteen years within the vampire community and eleven in the OVC; I have only heard of one actual case of a vamp being hunted..

it's very rare, but there is one known Hunter group that has an online site.

the term "slayer" however is more geared toward roleplaying and buffy.

-Lono

what is the name of the group? just wondering.
sauroneyesfang
sauroneyesfang
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 19.04.13 12:12

I'd also very much be interested in learning the name of the group? It's probably not the Vampire Watchers Group because they are not hunters. Or is it?
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 20.04.13 6:21

Lightseeker wrote:It's probably not the Vampire Watchers Group because they are not hunters. Or is it?
In theory, they are not. In practice... it depends.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 22.04.13 7:59

@Victor: How do you know so much about them? Since last year, I've been really turning every stone upside down in the hope of finding some trace of this group. I could actually say I've never spent so much time searching for a particuar organisation with so little success.
If you know anyone from the VWG, I realise you probably can't talk about it that much but still I'd be really grateful if you could give me some hint where I could look.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 22.04.13 12:52

Lightseeker wrote:@Victor: How do you know so much about them? Since last year, I've been really turning every stone upside down in the hope of finding some trace of this group. I could actually say I've never spent so much time searching for a particuar organisation with so little success.
If you know anyone from the VWG, I realise you probably can't talk about it that much but still I'd be really grateful if you could give me some hint where I could look.
I had dealings with them in the past.

It will not be easy to find much accurate information on them these days, especially after they went underground a few years ago. After all, there is where most vampire covens operate.

The VWG removed most of their online presence to the best of my knowledge, closed several of their websites and forums, as they realized that with the proliferation of vampirism in pop culture and with the exception of extremely rare cases there is no vampire knowledge or history to be found in the groups that make themselves accessible online.

As time and this internet age develops, we have seen the vampire covens retracting into secrecy, leaving the oblivious vampire-wannabe communities to face the media lights. This phenomenon is something we have all observed for the past 15 years or so. It's a very powerful cloak but a confusing labyrinth to real seekers.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 24.04.13 5:47

@Victor: I also have the impression that they have gone underground. What I don't really understand is how they recruit new members or maintain their network if they don't at least leave some kind of communications line open? Even the Aset Ka maintains an e-mail address even if they don't reply to most mails...
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 24.04.13 5:48

I actually post about them here sometimes in the hope that maybe one of them reads it, sees my sincere interest and gets into contact with me. But so far Crying or Very sad
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 13.05.13 8:56

Lightseeker wrote:I actually post about them here sometimes in the hope that maybe one of them reads it, sees my sincere interest and gets into contact with me. But so far Crying or Very sad

What would you ask them if you came in contact with them ?
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down